Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Notice at the top off the page it says Religious Discussions
    And you are right that does not mean that everyone has to assume that each and every religious claim has suddenly been elevated to a higher validity.
    BUT it also means that you should assume that what is said by Christians IS THEIR BELIEF as it IS the religious discussions vs a board of factual stuff.

Very well said NO.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 27, 2008, 09:19 AM
    ... BUT it also means that you should assume that what is said by Christians IS THEIR BELIEF as it IS the religious discussions vs a board of factual stuff.
    No. It does not mean that.

As I stated :
    ... a claim is a claim is a claim is a claim is a claim ...

:rolleyes:

·
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 09:29 AM
    Yeah so it is a claim. What's the point?
    I never said it wasn't a claim.
    white-rose Posts: 69, Reputation: 9

Jul 27, 2008, 10:27 AM
    What I don't understand is why people are posting so many topics on religion in the first place? I remember I had another account about a year ago and I've never seen many posts about it. But now it seems its all anyone has to say. Who cares if a person chooses not to have a religion? Honestly its like being homosexual, it doesn't affect anyone else. People with religions are the ones with guidelines stating how they should live their lives and treat other human beings. Atheist's don't have a belief, so how does that affect a Christian at all? It doesn't mean you can't keep your faith in God or Jesus and keep practicing your religion. You just make yourself look stupid when you stoop to such a level that you have to argue with a non-believer and convince them they are doing something wrong. Because they aren't doing anything wrong. It's a free country. I'll admit some Atheist's are rude and ignorant and are wrong to ridicule someone for having a religion because its not their life. But it seems there are an equal amount of Christians who do the same thing. They make blunt accusations about how an Atheist must live their life, and they are evil and depressed and hate themselves etc. How could you come to that conclusion about a person because they have no religion? I never thought a good Christian person could say such things about another. But obviously they can. And it makes me think, why would I want to belong to a religion where the people in it can't even follow their own rules? The rules contradict each other, and when they break one of their rules, they have others to compensate for the one they broke. Its just a chain where you get away with everything anyway. Its so much easier to just live life with an open mind and make mistakes without having to answer to anyone.
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 10:34 AM
    We are not the ones going to the atheist board claiming it affects us they are coming here making their claims and accusations
    -

Jul 27, 2008, 04:36 PM
    We are not the ones going to the atheist board claiming it affects us they are coming here making their claims and accusations
    Once more in the hope this reaches your brain cells : THERE IS NO ATHEISM BOARD HERE OM AMHD (as far as I know)!!

Nobody goes here to an Atheism board, because there is no Atheism board!!
    And even if there was, why would anyone have to go to any specific board? This is the only available discussion board open to all for "spiritual matters", regardless of personal or religious views !

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
    lobrobster Posts: 208, Reputation: 26

Jul 27, 2008, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Once more in the hope this reaches your brain cells : THERE IS NO ATHEISM BOARD HERE OM AMHD (as far as I know) !!!

Nobody goes here to an Atheism board, because there is no Atheism board !!!
    And even if there was, why would anyone have to go to any specific board? This is the only available discussion board open to all for "spiritual matters", regardless of personal or religious views !

·
    I once suggested to a mod that there be a forum specifically geared towards secularism. Not surprisingly, he pshawed it.
    -

Jul 27, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lobrobster
    I once suggested to a mod that there be a forum specifically geared towards secularism. Not surprisingly, he pshawed it.
    But in the mean time this situation p*sses off even more "christians" who seem to think that this discussion board is some second Christianity board. Actually I don't mind that there is no Atheism board. This discussion board provides more than enough ways to post my views...

:)

·
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 05:42 PM
    [QUOTE=Credendovidis]
    Once more in the hope this reaches your brain cells : THERE IS NO ATHEISM BOARD HERE OM AMHD (as far as I know)!!

Nobody goes here to an Atheism board, because there is no Atheism board!!

Did I say it HAS to be AMHD?? I am talking ANY atheist board on the whole entire Worldwide web!!!DAH!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

·
    -

Jul 27, 2008, 05:54 PM
    DAH
    So you what you really meant to say was that you suggested non-Christians just to get lost to another board ? Is that it?

That is even worse than I already thought...

:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 05:58 PM
    NO where do you get that?
    I was replying to whiterose #44 WHY this board is so popular basically
    And somebody else further back but don't have the # for that.
    -

Jul 27, 2008, 06:30 PM
    So your !!!!DAH!!!!!!! in your #49 post "... Did I say it HAS to be AMHD???? I am talking ANY atheist board on the whole entire Worldwide web!!!DAH!!!!!!!!" refers now suddenly to #44??

But I do not see any!! DAH!! There...
    Careful Nohelp4u : once you start lying it becomes more and more difficult to get out of it again...

You really like to be shown a fraud, isn't it? From Ask Me to WeTellYou to Answerway, and now also on AMHD...

·
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 06:42 PM
    I didn't realize you would not realize that I was replying to the others and that you would take it as meaning AMHD AGAIM when I said that so
    I did not see a need to say dah until you repeated that there is no atheist board on AMHD again.
    SO you can keep misconstruing what people say is a lie if you want because that is your perception so whatever.
    -

Jul 28, 2008, 02:41 AM
    I didn't realize you would not realize that ....
    That is a clear anf deliberate lie!! I repeat my previous post to you to prove that !
    So your !!!!DAH!!!!!!! in your #49 post "... Did I say it HAS to be AMHD???? I am talking ANY atheist board on the whole entire Worldwide web!!!DAH!!!!!!!!" refers now suddenly to #44??

But I do not see any !!!DAH!!!!!!!! there ....
    Careful Nohelp4u : once you start lying it becomes more and more difficult to get out of it again...

You really like to be shown a fraud, isn't it? From Ask Me to WeTellYou to Answerway, and now also on AMHD...

Nohelp4u : this is the second lie I proved you to have posted here... with the third lie the cock will crow for you : another lost soul...

·
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2008, 03:43 AM
    ASSUME what you wish. SO WHAT, I did not FEEL like saying DAH in the one giving you the benefit of the doubt and figuring that you would THEN follow my explanation
    BUT YOU DIDN'T AND you persisted SO THEN I said DAH in the other one
    INTERPRET it any way you wish!
    NO fraud about it on my part how you lose things in translation.

DAH!
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Jul 28, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lobrobster
    How do you know how much time you have left? Get to sailing NOW Sass! Seriously, don't wait to do what you want in life. Cred might outlive all of us. You never know...

Lol you are right, I suppose what I should have said was if was garanoteed to have a short time left to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    This is NOT a religious board.?????????????????????? This is a MEMBERS DISCUSSION BOARD with religion in all it's views as focus. And that does not mean that everyone has to assume that each and every religious claim has suddenly been elevated to a higher validity.

A claim is a claim, is a claim, is a claim. And you should precede a claim with "I think" or "I believe" .... It is as simple as that ....

:rolleyes:

·
    There goes cred. He is in such denial.
    You really struggle with reality don't you.. lol

Cred, FYI this is a RELIGIOUS FORUM. ;)

Jul 28, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello Sassy:

Aren't you the one who keeps on saying that secular humanism is a religion??? I think you are. So, which way is it?

excon
    Lol Apparently this proves my point. :D

Jul 28, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Hi everyone,

I was reading through some of the responses from you all (atheists) and the general consensus I'm get from you as to why you frequent religious forums despite the fact that you claim to be non-religious goes as follows. I am going to list each one and give a solution to each.

-Some of you said you are bitter ex Christians (or ex religious folk) who hold a grudge and resentment against Christianity.
    Solution: Get over it:- Harassing Christians by trying to convince them to stop believing is not going to change anything... trust me.

-Some of you said it's because there is no atheist forum on the site.
    Solution: Move to a new forum:- You can all discuss your atheistic beliefs on the "other discussions" section of the site, that way you are not butting heads with "religious folk" who want be left in peace.

-Some of you said it was your "retirement Job" and you claimed to be doing some service to America because Christians have manipulated American politics.
    Solution: Stop wasting your time:- By harassing Christians on religious forums you are not doing any service to society. Believe me... I think I speak for most Christians here when I say, what is said to me on this site goes in one ear and out the other ear metaphorically. So you are not changing any mind sets here.. trust me. What you are doing is wasting your time.

-Some of you said it is a form of passing time because of boredom, so you attempt to entertain yourself by harassing Christians about what they believe.
    Solution: Get a life: - There are many ways to entertain one self that are less counter-productive. Here are a few suggestions- find a sport you enjoy, rent movies, watch educational programs, spend quality time with family, make new friends, join a library and read books.. the list goes on. These are suggestions of better ways to spend your free time than arguing over the existence of something you see on the same level as unicorns.

Some of you said you are here to remind us that "these are our BELIEFS".
    Solution: DUH: - we don't need you to state the obvious over and over. Again this boils down to getting a life and finding better ways to spend and enjoy life.

Jul 28, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Notice at the top off the page it says Religious Discussions so that makes it a board about religion.
    And you are right that does not mean that everyone has to assume that each and every religious claim has suddenly been elevated to a higher validity.
    BUT it also means that you should assume that what is said by Christians IS THEIR BELIEF as it IS the religious discussions vs a board of factual stuff.
    Yes! DUH.. this is religious forums so of course people are talking about Beliefs... They just keep stating the obvious :rolleyes:
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Sass your box is FULL

****I can't send you a PM asking you to make room in your PM:eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

About "Forums" [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, I’ve seen a lot of “how to make your own forum explanations” but NEVER have I got the answer I needed. So I hope that some of you guys can help me… Well, here it goes. I’m building a website, and I want to add a forum to it. I know all the free-forum sites and all the...

Stanley Williams "EXECUTION". Religious- political -any perspectives are appreciated! [ 13 Answers ]

Was it right to execute Stanley Williams? He found redemption after being a gang leader of the crips, and was actually nominated for a nobel prize after writing books about disenfranchised children and teaching about anti-gang activism from prison. He was producing a change. President Bush even...

View more questions Search