Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Magprob,
    That was a good one Nunya bidness.

And Scott,
    I agree the more info we give out the more easier for the abusers.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 09:49 PM
    Startover22 "Warrior" to you... from now on. He he.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 11:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Check this out before you get harsh
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/members/lalla1995.html
    She is only 11
    Good and caring call!
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Sep 19, 2007, 11:33 PM
    I am not obliged to answer this question. Ever heard of privacy? Obviously not.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 12:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Thanks Tal,

Lalla,
    I do think you should not give out any personal information on these public forums, it is for your safety.

As you are only 11, I do think you will have a lot more to explore than being on the net making new friends with people whom you cannot verify to be good or bad people.

It ok to exchange information and learn new things,but try not to give out personal information or ask too personal questions unless someone offers that information on their own.

Take care and be careful while on the net.
    Excellent advice above!

My name is Clough. It is part of my real name. It rhymes with "rough" and "tough." Most of those persons that are familiar with me on this site already know the other part of my name. But, most of the time it has been because I have chosen to reveal it in a private message because they have let me know their real name or from information that I provided when I first joined the site. Information in private messages will not come up in searches on the Internet.

I am comfortable with using it for a username because I use the Internet for advertising. I am also comfortable with sharing that it is part of my real name with you, Lalla. But, that is only because I put other information on the web that is for business purposes. There are also others who participate on this website that have willingly put information out there on the web in the form of websites for their businesses.

This isn't an advertising site, so I don't provide any more information. In addition to that, unless you want the whole world (and potentially bad people, not just people you trust) to know a lot about you and maybe even approach you in whatever way, it's best not to be splashing personal information about yourself on things such as blogs, chat rooms, ads or even this website.

This website may seem like a safe place for a number of age groups to talk about things, and overall it is. It is extremely well moderated (people watching what people are posting to make sure that it is all good.) But, it does get very excellent coverage in search results on the Internet. That is part of the reason that it is so successful. People looking for information find it, because this is one of the sites where the information for which they are searching has been talked about.

I would like to think that the bottom line is: Be very careful about what information you put about yourself on the Internet and even the information that you ask for.
    cece23 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2007, 12:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    It has even somewhat given me some level ( small) of fame by people who reconise my name or even face as I travel around the county.
    Is that a good or a bad thing?
    cece23 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2007, 12:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Thanks for pointing that out Tal.

Since its pretty obvious what my first name is, I don't need to provide it. But I don't agree that just revealing first names is that innocuous. The more info one revelas the easier you make it for abusers.
    Absolutely! One should also check the amout of info you reveal in IM programs (yahoo, icq etc) and blog sites (myspace, Facebook, etc) because people can string pieces of information about you together and get a complete picture of who you are, who your friends are (and any information they also reveal on their profiles), what school you go to, etc etc. With a little detective work I am sure a wannabe stalker could track you down in no time at all. Its scary really, and we are all guilty of thinking "it will never happen to me".
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Sep 20, 2007, 04:06 PM
    I TOTALLY agree with you cece. Our names are irrelevant and you wanting to know them is peculiar. I guess I have been in a situation where my trust really got trampled on and me revealing myself anymore than I do to everyone, JUST AIN"T Happening!
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 04:20 PM
    My names irrelevant too didn't know so many peole had that name
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear
    my names irrelevant too didnt know so many peole had that name
    Hee hee... that was cute.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Hi I am Irrelevant as well, but you all can call me Relly ;)
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Hi I am Irrelevant as well, but you all can call me Relly ;)
    Lol.. Relly. That was cute! :p
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lalla1995
    :) Hi friends I was like to see the real name of you because I was like to see what are the real name friends.
    By the way Lalla - that is a very nice question and very sweet.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 20, 2007, 06:37 PM
    I just searched my other username (as I only use 2) and the title is ChrisW -CITYNAME, Michigan-, 15.

Except the city name was plugged in, I wonder how I fix that. I wonder what's on my sgt hardkore name. There are too many pages for me to look. So many sgt's out there!
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 20, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Heh... I've searched retsoksirhc on Google, and all the pages that come up have something to do with me. And over half of them are my stupid xanga blog and different languages of my last.fm music profile (which is an AWESOME music site, by the way)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he real? [ 4 Answers ]

HE says he loves me... yet, he doesn't ever really express affection... and a friend of mine said that he looks like he has lost interest in me... what's really going on? I know he loves having sex, and he says he would be miserable without me, I answered the same thing... but, I don't love him......

Is this real? [ 5 Answers ]

Data Entry Made Easy! Also where can I go to find out which of these work at home online things are legit? It would be nice for making a bit of money on the side.

Is she being real with me? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all! Question for you guys, here's the situation, I'll try to keep it short: My girlfriend maybe a couple months ago made me think that she wasn't honest with me, I didn't want to pick on her with my own insecurities, so I left it alone, never even mentioned it to her. It was because I asked...

Help Are they real [ 6 Answers ]

Are psychics really real? I mean I know people who think they are and people who think they are'nt and I just don't really know who to listen to

Is it really real? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 24 yrs old. I started to date a guy I meet in college and we were together for a year and a half. It ended beacause I found out he was cheating and laying to me for about 6 months. I am or was a really caring person and I would have done anything for him. He would always tell me he loved me...

View more questions Search