My pleasure nickosmom! : )
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jun 12, 2009, 02:28 PM

All glory be to God. Thank you for the update
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7 View Post
    Hi there! I visited with a lifelong friend of Starby's last night. There has been some progress! Thank the Lord. Prayers do get answered, not always in our time and not always the way we hope but in two days time, Starby has come a long way and has had some good laughter time with her friend. She asked that we get the message out to all of you that Jo loves all of us and misses us and she is doing all she can to get better. So love to all of you from Starby!!! :p Still keep prayers going. Her friend is being guardedly optimistic but such joy in her voice....it was wonderful to hear.
    Her sister just got to me on Facebook and she said Starby is the same and smiled and was talking... she is a fighter! Love you Starbs... come on girl, we miss you!
    Rebby, you are wonderful... just sayin':)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 08:03 PM

OMG! I just got a call from Starby! I only got to talk to her for a few minutes but we talked.

As soon as I heard her voice I burst into tears, poor Jo, she was trying so hard to comfort me, but damn, I didn't think I'd ever get to talk to her again, just hearing her voice was amazing.

I told her I love her, she told me she's okay. She asked me to call her back on my Magic Jack but the number she gave me is no good.

I called the hospital and asked to talk to her but no can do. The staff says they gave her the message that I called back and Jo told them to tell me she'll call me back later.

My God I hope she does. She sounded good. She sounds like our Ducky. Just hearing her voice. I can't tell you what this means to me.

Had to tell you all.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2009, 08:03 PM

Yay! Starby is better! Starby's better! Oh, that you God, but now, that's not the end. We need to continue with our prayers!

Thanks Rebbie for the update! :)
    Pets Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 08:50 PM

Hi everyone!

My bad day just got great! Seriously!

I just got a call for Starby. At first she called, gave me a number to call back on my magic jack (otherwise it's long distance) but the number was wrong.

She called back we talked for 1/2 hour. She sounds good, clear, determined to get better. I still don't want to let myself have hope because it would be even harder to lose her if I allow myself to think she'll be okay. The doctors are still saying she won't make it, but talking to her just now, she sounds wonderful, she sounds like she just may pull off a miracle.

I'm sitting here crying right now. I never thought I'd hear her voice again. That alone is a miracle, and if that's all I can have then I'll take it.

She sends her love to all, she said that around 6 times, so love to all.

Wow. That's all I can say. One prayer answered, another to go.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 09:16 PM
    That is all such good news. I'm totally speechless!!
    Pets Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 09:21 PM

Me too J. I couldn't believe it. As soon as I heard her voice I broke out in tears. I honestly never thought I'd hear that voice again.

Like I said, the doctors still don't hold out any hope, I don't want to allow myself the hope only to be disappointed, but... but... that's all I can say. But.

Miracles do happen, I believe that. I hope we get one. :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2009, 04:22 AM

Wow, That is Awesome Atly.

It is good that she has had the chance to call you and speak to you.

It is amazing. Praying the recovery continues.

Joe
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 04:44 AM
    Hopes, prayers, vibes, energies, wishes {did that cover everybody?) for Starby's continued progress.

I would really like to know her more.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2009, 05:33 AM

I've read all the posts,from mudweiser to catsmine,and I'm sitting here thinking how wonderful it would be near the end of my life and know I have touched so many people's lives...
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2009, 05:59 AM

Oh my gosh... I don't come on here for one day and look what happens!!
    Great news Alty, I'm glad you got to talk to her, I'm so happy for you :)

Redhead, I think you speak for all of us here, I don't think there is a person on here she hasn't helped.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    ive read all the posts,from mudweiser to catsmine,and im sitting here thinking how wonderful it would be near the end of my life and know i have touched so many people's lives...
    Red, that was so nice... :)
    Business Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 07:23 AM

:( I didn't get a call from my duck. :confused::confused::D:rolleyes:
    Pets Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    :( I didn't get a call from my duck. :confused::confused::D:rolleyes:
    Stringer, the fact that I got a call was amazing. She really only had the chance to make one call. She did send her love to all, said she's frustrated that she can't talk to all of us. She'd love to get a phone in her room but her mother took all her bank cards etc. She has no money so she can't get a phone.
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Jun 13, 2009, 07:51 AM

Wow she is talking that is great I am so happy for her and you I know you were so worried everyone pulling for her must have worked.yay!!
    Pets Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 07:54 AM

Niley, it's not over, the doctors are still saying there's no hope, but she's fighting and that's something, something great.
    Business Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 07:57 AM

I wouldn't p*ss off the duck :(.

Wait... no, maybe that is just what is needed? She is better when she has something to prove... :).
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2009, 08:02 AM

I think your right stringer. I think getting her pissed off. Will make her want to fight more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My poor sick bby [ 4 Answers ]

My 18 month old has a bad runny nose its green and yellow snot mostly she has a slight cough but not bad by anymeans but she is running tempatures of 101 - 103 I have been giving her tylonol witch brings the fevor down is this just a cold or should I be rushing her to a doctor? Somebody help me?

Starby & Alty's Castle of Doom. [ 1500 Answers ]

Come in my sweet, and join us! Your hosts will be Starby and Alty. We have everything your little heart desires in our Castle! Come into our web, said the spider to the fly. Mwaaahahahaha! YouTube - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

Poor mummy cat [ 1 Answers ]

Our cats kittens are six weeks old and are , as I expected, very feisty, playfull little cats. My problem is that mummy cat seems to behaving oddly, she is always miowing and keeps sitting at my feet looking as though she wants something. Even when I feed her she's not very happy. She seems...

My poor dog [ 2 Answers ]

My pet pug dog has a large belly not fat lage ,but it looks inflated he also gags very loudlyhes 9 years old he is not nudered eats and drinks easly we think it's a kiddney failure but he isn't able to take a b.m. what should I do and what's his sickness

My Poor Kitty [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed today that my kitten's left eye is swollen and watery. I have looked at it and I can't see anything in it. I havwe washed it with a warm wash rag, but it hasn't done any good. What else can I try before I have to resort to taking her to the vet? ~Summer

View more questions Search