Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 3, 2009, 04:56 PM

She left your relationship months before you did. Accept that she wasn't as invested in the relationship in the end as you were.

Don't forget to do the laundry and put your clothes away. Oh, and get rid of the items that are too worn-out or small to wear. They take up too much valuable room.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 09:37 PM
    Ok, I cleaned my room! I just feel blah!
    rockie100 Posts: 313, Reputation: 64

Dec 3, 2009, 09:55 PM

I think I ran this by you once before but anyway, it's a good one...

If you didn't like what you were watching on TV, you would change the channel. You hold the ability to change what your thinking about. When you give your thoughts power, you start to obsess about things. Things you have no control over. You just need to change that channel.
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 10:07 PM
    You guys are great! Thank you for helping me out so much all the time!!

Dec 3, 2009, 10:20 PM

Pics please:)

Dec 3, 2009, 10:36 PM

Thanks, Ive been here and there. Ive asked some questions, answered some. I had a B-day a week or so ago. That was interesting (dont have words for it)
    What have you been up to? Oh yes... Painting.
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2009, 06:36 PM
    Ok well as I mentioned before... the great date girl who I don't really like much especially since she ignored my last text has been spotted today on my way home from work. She stops and we say hello. She seems excited to see me and we after a few words she says for me to text her later... Of course I'm not going to until she texts me first.

Second Erica my ex who I sent a text on Tuesday saying "hey will I ever see you again?" the next day she sends me a text saying "lol sure you wanna hang out?" I respond saying "sure when are you free?" She says "any night I get out at 6" So I respond saying "well I'm free tomorrow what do you wanna do? club, bowling, movies?" I get no response and now its Saturday and I get a text saying "so you're in PA (pennsylvania)?" because she must have read my status on Facebook that I'm going to be out here today. So, apparently she is out here and she sends me a comment on Facebook as well saying "haha me too"... So do I text back saying yes I'm in PA? Its already 4 hours later... I just don't know if I should text back since she ignored my last text... oh and I even sent another the day after saying did you get my text and still nothing... What do I do?
    Marriage Expert

Dec 5, 2009, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by emopunk7 View Post
    Ok well as I mentioned before...the great date girl who I don't really like much especially since she ignored my last text has been spotted today on my way home from work. She stops and we say hello. She seems excited to see me and we after a few words she says for me to text her later...Of course I'm not going to until she texts me first.

Second Erica my ex who I sent a text on tuesday saying "hey will I ever see you again?" the next day she sends me a text saying "lol sure you wanna hang out?" I respond saying "sure when are you free?" She says "any night I get out at 6" So I respond saying "well I'm free tomorrow what do you wanna do? club, bowling, movies?" I get no response and now its saturday and I get a text saying "so you're in PA (pennsylvania)?" because she must have read my status on facebook that I'm gonna be out here today. So, apparently she is out here and she sends me a comment on facebook as well saying "haha me too"...So do I text back saying yes I'm in PA? Its already 4 hours later...i just don't know if I should text back since she ignored my last text...oh and I even sent another the day after saying did u get my text and still nothing...What do I do?
    This is no where near as harsh as I feel like getting:

Emo, did you bother asking the 'date' girl if she even got the text that day? You assume she did and ignored it and now you are playing games. Did you leave it as you would text her later? Is she waiting for you to get in touch WITH HER? If she is expecting you to text her and you don't, then I hope she ignores you the next time she sees you. She deserves better than for you to play contact games with her.

Now, why are you playing around with the ex again?? I guess you haven't learned anything. You won't give a new girl a chance, but this female who has played games and supposedly abused you for years, you start whining about 'what do I do?' What do you want to do? Go for another 1300 posts trying to get your brain back on track?
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2009, 08:52 PM
    First of all cat I have grown some respect for you but with a post such as the one you posted really makes me want to react the same way you spoke to me but ill be better than that. All I ask is that next time you speak to me with a bit more respect. That type of tone was not needed.
    Anyway, why do I always have to assume they didn't receive my text?
    Secondly with erica she was only a girlfriend for like 6 months but she was gone for a month because she had to go back home and that when I got back with my ex... either way its just to be friends and just go from there. Ahhhhhhhh! I didn't expect this to be a difficult process! Geeez!

Ok so I should just text both even though THEY are the ones possibly playing games! I don't want to play games and I never do... but if I think they aren't responding me but yet they text me then I should respond to them... its not fair... but I'm always a bigger person so I would text but I am just asking here what should I do. Are they playing games? I can text Emma the date girl because I understand what you mean but you could have said it better. As for erica what is that about? Should I text her... I am not wanting to play games... I am ASKING FOR ADVICE FROM WHAT I THOUGHT WERE MY FRIENDS AND NOT HURTFUL PEOPLE! She should look the other way? Please!. I should. Don't make her sound better. And I wasn't talking about my ex that I'm getting over... be easy... thanx cat... Anyway, what to do?
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2009, 09:58 PM
    I guess I will just text back both of them... Everyone is so good at giving advice when someone messes up but when I ask before I do mess up nobody wants to give advice. I don't get it. Any answers?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2009, 01:53 AM
    Personally I'd avoid any situation which seems to lead to potentional confusion so I'd just let it be.
    When you meet the right girl I think you ll know Emo till then just take it easy.
    Marriage Expert

Dec 6, 2009, 11:05 AM

If I confused exes, then I apologize to Erica.

However, IF you left your last conversation with Emma as YOU would call/text HER and YOU decide to wait until SHE calls/texts YOU instead, then YOU are playing 'games'.

What I am seeing and the reason I am being harsh is that you are starting to play mind games with these females and yourself. Emma misses one text. Instead of finding out if it was a mistake/she didn't get it/her phone was acting up/etc. you write her off and start on 'sour grapes'. What happened with Erica sounds remarkably like what you have written about the other ex which where my confusion comes in.

If you feel like they are playing games, then don't respond. Let them go their own ways and you go yours.
    Something_Here Posts: 108, Reputation: 16

Dec 6, 2009, 01:46 PM

Send a text to the date girl if you want, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the fact that she didn't respond to that one text. It sounds like it might be too soon to make contact with your ex again though, but that's just my opinion, you'll have to decide for yourself.
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2009, 02:19 PM
    Thank you Cat for being mature and not getting upset at my response. I thought you would but hoped you didn't. I can see where you got confused. Just to inform you, being that I felt like maybe you are right and maybe its me just thinking too much, I sent both a text. Guess what? Neither responded... It sucks... I don't get why they even bother writing or talking to me if when I do what they want they don't respond. Being neglected sometimes makes me miss my ex.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2009, 02:27 PM

What's with all the texts , why can't you try to call her and talk. Surely that would stop some of the confusion.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 6, 2009, 03:49 PM

Did you ever think you need to meet other females? Your always looking back, why not forward.

Texting is great, but calling is better and face to face is the best. Actually, leave the girls alone, and diversify your activities, as your need for attention may be what influences your choices. Hmmm, the bad ones anyway.
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2009, 03:53 PM
    You guys are right... I will leave both alone. It stresses me out thinking of all this... I will just not think of it. I just can't believe my ex broke up with me.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by emopunk7 View Post
    You guys are right...I will leave both alone. It stresses me out thinkin of all this...i will just not think of it. I just can't believe my ex broke up with me.
    And until you stop thinking about this and just accept it , the longer you'll be stuck and keep coming back with the same questions .

We're with you Emo but you have to help us help you as well , there's no easy fix. It's one step at a time but we have to make sure each step is a forward one , each time you come back and ask the if's and why's we take a backward one.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2009, 05:17 PM
    You accept it by realizing it happened and it can't be changed,and by leaving this in the past you will repeat WILL move on to,when you're ready,a better and more loving relationship.
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2009, 01:04 PM
    K well around 12:15AM emma (date girl) sent me a text asking where am I and then I told her by the ferry and she said come find me... Well we spoke and it was cool. She also says she wasn't ignoring me but she has been out of it.

Anyway, I am registering for school this week. I have band practice and we will be playing our first mini show at a house party soon and we have band practice on Wednesday. I made a song up and will be performing it during christmas for the family. I keep going to the gym daily and if its too late I workout at home like last night. I did finish painting and now I have to get mini blinds and glass doors and track lights but I have to find $400 before any of that. I'm excited for that! I prefer staying with family rather than friends for some reasonbut I will hang out with them on Thursday at least just to get out. This is me pretty much me right now. Am I doing okay for 2 months and a half?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get my girlfriend to trust me again after so many lies. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello friends, I have a problem and I have been seeking help from everywhere, and everyone, things in my relationship hasn't been looking to good for me. I lied to my girlfriend about things that are insignificant, things that if I tell the truth it won't be a problem, but I still lie about it. ...

Broke my girlfriend and kids heart and trust [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend and her kids have been living together for eight months all four of us have been through a lot in our past it was hard for me to get close to them and with worrying about work and bills making sure I took care of them right I kept being such a jerk to them I broke there hearts...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

View more questions Search