Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 01:18 AM
    Glad you enjoyed the film Al lots and lots of luck for the scan today ill be thinking of you xxxxx
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Good morning to you ladies out there. I will be getting my stuff done today. I just want to wish you all a good day today! Hugs, Start
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 07:49 AM
    /sigh

I almost got to go out into the field today. No such luck.

I need a new job, desperately. I'm actually looking at the University's job openings from work today.

Funny thing is that I hate the jobs I'm qualified for... and the ones that look fun, I'm missing 1 or 2 things to be qualified for it. That makes me panda sad.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Aww, panda sad? That just makes me sad Synn... take it slow, something is bound to come your way. Isn't that how it always works? Always with no warning or anything. I hope it works out for you... Hugs to you.
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Thanks, Start.

Just having a crappy day at work again, and I'm really sick of having crappy days.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 07:59 AM
    I know, I agree you need something you can enjoy going too. How about daycare... Just a thought. Good money and lot's of love to go around.
    Is it a hard market where you live? Are there plenty of jobs or are there none? I know here that people are keeping what they have cause no one is hiring.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 08:26 AM
    What's your line of work, Synn?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 08:35 AM

Nice and healthy No issues, strong and big :)
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Awww, look at the baby!
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 08:39 AM
    I'm mostly an admin. I can do just about everything in an office, but I have no Powerpoint experience, and virtually none with Outlook scheduling (we use a different program for scheduling).

I'd love a job where I was just simple data entry, even at a pay cut. I don't want emergencies, or irate people, or overtime, or office politics (yeah... I know... I'm dreaming)

I just want a job where I can go to work, do my job, and go home. I have tons of experience in customer service and on the phone, I've been a receptionist, I know a TON of computer programs, including Peoplesoft and Quickbooks and ACT, besides the basic Microsoft ones most people know.

I'd rather be a little cog in a big machine than a big cog in a little machine.

And I want benefits!

Start... no way a daycare would work for me. They don't pay enough to put up with other peoples' rugrats all day! I like kids, but not THAT much.

Given the choice, I'd rather work with teens or the elderly, but NOT the medical side of anything--if someone throws up, I throw up with them, and I get queasy with other bodily fluids.

I think I'm just too picky.

EDIT: Alka---what a beautiful little boy! I'm so happy all is well!
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Ok, Synn, I really hope you find something to please you.
    Is anyone hiring in your parts/ Or is it like here where when someone finds something they keep it...
    Al... love the baby pics, a boy... oh my goodness!
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    I'm mostly an admin. I can do just about everything in an office, but I have no Powerpoint experience, and virtually none with Outlook scheduling (we use a different program for scheduling).

I'd love a job where I was just simple data entry, even at a pay cut. I don't want emergencies, or irate people, or overtime, or office politics (yeah...I know...I'm dreaming)

I just want a job where I can go to work, do my job, and go home. I have tons of experience in customer service and on the phone, I've been a receptionist, I know a TON of computer programs, including Peoplesoft and Quickbooks and ACT, besides the basic Microsoft ones most people know.

I'd rather be a little cog in a big machine than a big cog in a little machine.

And I want benefits!!

Start...no way a daycare would work for me. They dont' pay enough to put up with other peoples' rugrats all day! I like kids, but not THAT much.

Given the choice, I'd rather work with teens or the elderly, but NOT the medical side of anything--if someone throws up, i throw up with them, and I get queasy with other bodily fluids.

I think I'm just too picky.

EDIT: Alka---what a beautiful little boy! I'm so happy all is well!
    Come work with me... my boss is leaving... and we get benefits + profit share ;) the work sucks, but the people rock!

And thanks for the comment... he looks like his big brother from the profile... the DVD is awesome.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 08:45 AM
    YOu got a DVD??
    I olny got the roll of pictures... no CD...
    That is so awsome... What did hubby think...
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 08:54 AM
    He was amazed at how well technology has come along in 4 years... This is just a basic 2d u/s and we could see everything right down to the fingers in detail... it was all mush with Connor. We got a video tape with Connor and this one has the DVD, and they did it in color to see the blood flow through the heart and what not... very cool. He is very excited to have another boy to romp with. I told him our next dog will be female.. im surrounded by testosterone.. lol...
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 08:59 AM
    There are jobs here... but I can't be without income at all. So... I have to be able to keep working here and still look, which is harder to do than I imagined. Every other time I switched jobs the last several years, it was because we moved, and I had to get a new job.

I am thinking of contacting a temp agency and seeing what they have at this point.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 09:17 AM
    I used to work at the front desk of a temp agency... wow that was stressful..
    They do good things and in some cases, they start with part timers and then with a reputation, they give full time and permanent positions. I hope you do go to one, there would be nothing better than a HAPPY SYNNEN!
    Al, too cool.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Awww, Al the scan is gorgeous!! Congrats!!

Synn, in Michigan I worked through OfficeTeam, got a wonderful job through them. You may want to consider it. I worked temporary for 3 months (due to the contract with the law firm (I had NO legal experience at the time)) and got hired on full time after the trial period.

My sister worked for OfficeTeam for several years doing different temp jobs and she loved it because it was always a new environment.

Got my hair done today. Big J actually loves it!! I'm shocked since he is a long hair man and this is the shortest I have ever gone, well except during my chemo.
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Pictures!! We want pictures!

I've had good luck with temp agencies in the past. This last time, though, was AWFUL.

I needed work, and gave them dates and times and all that jazz, and I doing this long distance... and they just dropped the ball. They had work for me that got cancelled, so I made plans, and then they called me back 4 hours later and wanted me to do something else, and were peeved that I made plans! I was moving across the country! I had to find an apartment, get it set up, I had a flight the following week, and they weren't willing to work with that--I've never had such a bad experience with a temp agency in my life!
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 09:39 AM
    I hope the next experience will be a good one, it just might be the step you need to take to break away from this one!
    J, pictures would be a very good idea... don't you feel so fresh. I loved short hair... but every time I cut it short, I just let it grow out again and never returned for my 6 or 8 week cuts... LOL
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel

Nice and healthy No issues, strong and big :)

WOOO HOOOO Al you said it would be a boy giggle congrats hunn I bet Connor is just bouncing big hugs xxxxxxxxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Secret Clearence [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a website that I can go to for an application on getting what is called "secret Clearence" Or can I only get that through the company I plan on applying at?

The Secret [ 2 Answers ]

First of all, I'm Wham and I can't for the life of me, figure out how to use the introduction board, I'm from New Zealand, I am a Maori from Opotiki. Has anyone out there seen The Secret, and if you have what do you think

Dirty little secret? [ 5 Answers ]

I've got and issue with my son's father... First let me get you up to speed, so you'll understand what's going on here: He and I dated a short time and broke up... a month or 2 later I found out I was pregnant... he wanted to get back together and get married when I told him no, but that we...

Frustrating secret [ 75 Answers ]

Hi I am having a lot of trouble at the moment, and have done for the last 1 and a half years. I am kind of with this guy who I love very much and he loves me too. We have no problems together at all, the only problem is my mum. She doesn't like him because she doesn't think he is good enough for...

Should I keep it a secret? [ 1 Answers ]

There was this exchange student last year from Germany and he sat behind me in my English Junior class. I didn't get to know him until the last few days of school because I was too shy to interact. When I finally got to know him, he caught my heart. At that time, however, I thought it was just...

View more questions Search