Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2013, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    it is not victimless . Hundreds of conservative and Christian groups were denied equal protection of the law. If this happened to an organization like NAACP I assure you the Holder Justice Dept would be all over this .
    The point is that might be so but conducting hundreds of interviews will do nothing towards prosecuting the people who did it. Don't you think there are more important crimes to investigate, crimes with real victims who need the protection of the law. Yes it is unfortunate that someone didn't get a benefit they might have been entitled to and just maybe some law was violated. This time the system worked for the left, in the past it has worked for the right. A foul has been called. If the FBI wasn't stuffing about with this they might have caught that leaker before he got away or does the NSA investigate itsself so those who violate the law aren't caught
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2013, 06:49 AM
    Hello again,

I too wonder why congress doesn't get to the bottom of it. Issa HAS the power to investigate. He HAS the power to jail people if they don't cooperate. He HAS subpoena power. He HAS the power of the purse. If the IRS IS targeting people because of their politics, then I want to KNOW who's doing it.

WHAT is Issa hiding? Why won't he investigate? What is he afraid of? Who is he protecting?

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2013, 06:49 AM
    The most tedious fall back position here is "the other side does it too" .

If the FBI wasn't stuffing about with this they might have caught that leaker before he got away or does the NSA investigate itsself so those who violate the law aren't caught
    Nah ,the FBI never saw the Boston Marathon bombers come and go even when they were warned about them. Their failure in other cases has nothing to do with their inaction on this case. This is more in line with Holder's refusal to prosecute the New Black Panthers intimidation of voters in Philadelphia. Holder investigates and prosecutes according to a political agenda instead of a fair and impartial rule of law.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2013, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

I too wonder why congress doesn't get to the bottom of it. Issa HAS the power to investigate. He HAS the power to jail people if they don't cooperate. He HAS the subpoena power. He HAS the power of the purse. If the IRS IS targeting people because of their politics, then I want to KNOW who's doing it.

WHAT is Issa hiding?? Why won't he investigate?? What is he afraid of? Who is he protecting??

excon
    Hard to investigate when the enforcement arm of the government is part of the stonewalling .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2013, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    The point is that might be so but conducting hundreds of interviews will do nothing towards prosecuting the people who did it. Don't you think there are more important crimes to investigate, crimes with real victims who need the protection of the law.
    I guess you have no concept of the power the IRS holds.
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2013, 06:58 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    hard to investigate when the enforcement arm of the government is part of the stonewalling .
    Nahhh... Issa has his OWN investigators, if he chooses to use them. He doesn't need the FBI. He doesn't need ANYBODY. The Constitution gives HIM the POWER. The question you should be asking, is why doesn't he USE it?

Why are you covering for Issa..

Excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2013, 07:21 AM
    You know the FBI investigation is the Obama admin investigating itself, launched by Eric Holder. It's relevant to ask why they haven't done anything.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2013, 07:24 AM
    It is also clear that a special independent prosecutor is required. However ,Congress cannot appoint one.. It has to come from the executive.
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2013, 07:24 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    It's relevant to ask why they haven't done anything.
    Uhhh, because they're investigating themselves?? Why are YOU covering for Issa?

Excon
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2013, 07:28 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    it is also clear that a special independent prosecutor is required.
    Not to me.. Do you think the founders FAILED to give congress the ability to oversee the executive?? Issa HAS power, and PLENTY of it.. Yet, he WON'T use it.

Why are you covering for him?

Excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2013, 07:36 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    Not to me.. Do you think the founders FAILED to give congress the ability to oversee the executive??? Issa HAS power, and PLENTY of it.. Yet, he WON'T use it.

Why are you covering for him?

excon
    Short of a constitutional crisis by sending the Sgt at Arms to arrest Holder ,what do you think he should do?? Oh yeah... and short of giving immunity to everyone involved .
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2013, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    short of a constitutional crisis by sending the Sgt at Arms to arrest Holder ,what do you think he should do ??? oh yeah ...and short of giving immunity to everyone involved .
    And if he did take over for the FBI he'd call it overreach.
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2013, 07:44 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    short of a constitutional crisis by sending the Sgt at Arms to arrest Holder ,what do you think he should do??
    I sound like YOU.

You start at the beginning. You give Lois Lerner immunity and find out what SHE knows and follow the trail. If it gets to Holder or Obama, THEN you subpoena them.

Do you not know this? Why are you covering for Issa?

Excon
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2013, 07:50 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    and short of giving immunity to everyone involved .
    I could have edited my comments above, but THIS deserves its own post...

Look. You don't want Lois Lerner. You don't want a middle manager. You don't even want the TOP IRS guy. You want HOLDER and/or OBAMA.. If that's your goal, and it IS, then you give immunity to EVERYBODY until you GET them.

If your goal is to holler and scream and do NOTHING, then you'd make noises like YOU and Issa are making.. I say again, WHY are you covering for Issa?

Excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2013, 08:58 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    I sound like YOU.

You start at the beginning. You give Lois Lerner immunity and find out what SHE knows and follow the trail. If it gets to Holder or Obama, THEN you subpoena them.

Do you not know this? Why are you covering for Issa?

excon
    Would YOU give immunity before you know what she will testify ? Probably not .

She already sounds like a mafioso under testimony . I can hear it now... Alright Ms Lerner ... you have complete immunity . What do you know ?
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2013, 09:33 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    would YOU give immunity before you know what she will testify ?
    If I didn't know WHO she'd SNITCH on, and I REALLY, REALLY wanted to know, then OF COURSE I would... Besides, if she knows NOTHING, then you've LOST nothing by giving her immunity...

Poor right wingers... You can't give her immunity WITHOUT knowing what she'll say, but you can't know what she'll say WITHOUT giving her immunity... So, the thing to do, is NOTHING.

Excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2013, 09:44 AM
    Like you'd let someone off the hook before knowing what it is they have to offer.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 3, 2013, 09:57 AM
    Issa has found out that it's easier to accuse, call names, throw rocks, and get you guys all pumped up, and excited than to actually get the result he wants. Or maybe he got what he wanted his face on camera, accusing, calling names, and getting wingers pumped up and excited.

Just another tough talking guy who got power and tries to be a bully, like the rest of the wingers on the right. You guys love your bullies. But like most they can't do a darn thing when people refuse to be bullied by your tough guys.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2013, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Issa has found out that it's easier to accuse, call names, throw rocks, and get you guys all pumped up, and excited than to actually get the result he wants. Or maybe he got what he wanted his face on camera, accusing, calling names, and getting wingers pumped up and excited.

Just another tough talking guy who got power and tries to be a bully, like the rest of the wingers on the right. You guys love your bullies. But like most they can't do a darn thing when people refuse to be bullied by your tough guys.
    I get it, you're OK with the IRS being the new Gestapo.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2013, 10:25 AM
    It happens often here I notice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota Scandal [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of services or training do you think Toyota should give to the customers to gain back its reputation after the scandal occurred?

The real mortgage scandal [ 14 Answers ]

I read something on this a while back and finally found another column on it thanks to Sweetness & Light... And so what are the contenders' solutions to this crisis, brought on in the name of fairness, equality and other warm and fuzzy nonsense? Hillary wants a moratorium on...

Whoops, *another* Republican caught in sex scandal [ 6 Answers ]

Wash. legislator resigns over gay sex scandal | KTVB.COM | Regional News | Boise, Idaho News, Weather, Sports & Traffic This is happening with alarming regularity.

Protein bar scandal? [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard some talk about protein bars and how more than half of them LIE about the suppliment facts of their bar such as amount of fat, sat fat and other facts. Does anyone know any "trustworthy" protein bars out there that can assure me I am getting what I think I bought?

View more questions Search