Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2012, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Do we have any names yet? You know we love to help pick names around here!

Yep, they had names picked a long time ago. His name is Elijah... :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 11:01 AM
    I love that name!! Beautiful.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2012, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Yep, they had names picked a long time ago. His name is Elijah....:)
    Adorable!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2012, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Can we guess on due dates, too? :)
    They kept it around 23rd of August. She goes back again in 8 weeks to the perinatologist for another scan.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    They kept it around 23rd of August. She goes back again in 8 weeks to the perinatologist for another scan.
    I like the 23rd of August. It's my dad's birthday. :)

May she have a safe and uneventful pregnancy.:)
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 01:18 PM
    Dani--I'm so sorry to hear it. Hopefully there's a terrific window opening for you as this door is being closed.

J--HOORAY! I'm so happy!

Doula--Congrats! I like baby boys, but I'm a little biased right now.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2012, 01:32 PM
    Finally off for the day! I thought it would never end. A friend from work retired today, so everyone was pretty emotional, but I did find out that I have been selected to interview for her position, which is a great opportunity for me (and a significant pay raise, which is always good) But I am extremely happy the weekend has come. I feel exhausted this week for some reason.
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Mar 30, 2012, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rpray2007 View Post
    Dani - seems like a rough week viz. job and Karot!

On the bright side - we'll see you on AMHD more, maybe? There's always a silver lining... ;-)

Seriously though - just hang in there and get that resume out there - you know there are lots here that can perfect that document with you.
    Thank you :) Aye, I may be on more until I get a new job :) I really need to work out what it is I want to do, because I don't really know what to pursue as a career

Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Dani, sorry to hear about your hamster. I hope you and your mother can find work soon.
    Thanks Cat, I hope so too. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Dani--I'm so sorry to hear it. Hopefully there's a terrific window opening for you as this door is being closed.
    Thanks Synnen, I'm a tad relieved to leave the place if I'm honest, haha.

Congrats Doula! I bet becoming a grandparent is great, all the kids without the pain. :D
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 05:34 PM
    I didn't read back, other than the last page, so, to Dani, I'm sure something will turn up. Just hang in there. If not, you can move to canada, we're hiring where I work. I'll put in a good word for you. :)

Today seemed to last forever. I'm so glad it's done. Three day weekend for me. Not that it's time off. A mom's job is never done. :(
    Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 05:35 PM
    Glad your day is over Alty and that you get a 3 day weekend.

After today I'll never complain about my job again. At least I still have one, wasn't too sure if I did earlier in the day.
    Pets Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 05:38 PM
    Glad your day is over Alty and that you get a 3 day weekend.

After today I'll never complain about my job again. At least I still have one, wasn't too sure if I did earlier in the day.
    So glad it all worked out J. Hugs to you my dear. :)
    Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 05:39 PM
    Thanks Alty... hugs to you too, enjoy your 3 days off.
    Pets Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 05:40 PM
    Thanks Alty...hugs to you too, enjoy your 3 days off.
    Well, it's only three days off work, but I'll be working at home. Spring cleaning time, and time to paint, again. Bella is coming this summer. I want the house to look good when she gets here. :)
    Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 05:43 PM
    At least you get to have 3 days home.

Bella is coming? Oh, now that's going to be a good time for all I'm sure! We can't wait for the pics.
    Pets Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 05:49 PM
    At least you get to have 3 days home.

Bella is coming? Oh, now that's gonna be a good time for all I'm sure! We can't wait for the pics.
    She was supposed to come last year, but we both started new jobs, and it just wasn't a good time. Her tickets (which she bought last year) expire this year, so she has no choice now. Her and Miss E are coming to visit me. I can't wait.

We'll post tons of pictures on AMHD. I'm sure that most of them will include a beer in our hands. ;)

So that's one down, a lot more to go. Hint, hint. When are you going to visit? Bring Synn. I'll get Bella, and a few other girls, and we'll have a girls party time Canadian style. :)
    Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 05:55 PM
    Oh, I would love to come up there and visit. Believe me I would. Funds and time are my enemies though.
    Pets Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 06:03 PM
    Oh, I would love to come up there and visit. Believe me I would. funds and time are my enemies though.
    Funds and lack of a passport are mine. :(

But one day we will meet in person. I promise you! Also, we have to see Synn, and soon. I want to hold that baby! :)
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 08:47 PM
    I don't have a passport, for me OR the baby. And I didn't win the MegaMillions jackpot tonight, so money is a little tight for me. I have lots of extra space for people to crash here, though! You all can come visit me!
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Mar 31, 2012, 03:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I didn't read back, other than the last page, so, to Dani, I'm sure something will turn up. Just hang in there. If not, you can move to canada, we're hiring where I work. I'll put in a good word for you. :)
    Thanks Alty! Argh! I'd love to go to Canada.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2012, 07:48 AM
    What a super cold morning on the soccer field. :chatter, chatter, chatter::

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too old to realize I'm bisexual? [ 5 Answers ]

The first time I was attracted to a girl, I was 21. But I had a very sweet boyfriend and thought that relationship would last forever. I wanted to be faithfull so I didn't do anything. I did tell my boyfriend I could be attracted to women and he didn't mind. When we broke up, I didn't want to meet...

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

I realize some of you might think I am terrible for even asking this [ 3 Answers ]

But I will ask anyway. Money is tight and podiatrist is expensive. My son has an ingrown toenail. I'm pretty sure it's infected. We have been soaking in epsom salt, letting it dry then applying neosporin with bandaid. He is not having pain. I worked at a podiatrist office so I know how...

How to realize him that I love him [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship from past 2 years. We have decided that we will have a no emotion relationship. Mean there will be no place for emotion and love in our relation. Now he want over this relation. He will be no more in in my life. I started love him before sometime. But I am unable to say...

View more questions Search