Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2018, 10:20 AM
    Tomder, I've thought the same thing. I don't really know of any racist comments by Trump other than the stupid remark he made about Mexico only sending us rapists and thieves (or whatever it was).
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2018, 10:24 AM
    That being said ;Trumps antics with the flag today are morally unjustified ,petty ,insipid ,and well beneath the office of the Presidency . It is also dumb politics . He may be able to hold his base with childish antics ;and maybe that is enough for him. He has a rare moment to unite the country and his vindictiveness is getting in the way. So any unity that comes from this will be the majority uniting against him .
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2018, 10:42 AM
    He has a rare moment to unite the country and his vindictiveness is getting in the way.
    I think you are right with that, but don't try running that by most of the hardcore Trump supporters. They are absolutely convinced that the fake news services are Trump's biggest problem. If Trump would closely study Reagan, he would learn how to be pleasant and still be strong.
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2018, 11:06 AM
    I don't really know of any racist comments by Trump other than the stupid remark he made about Mexico only sending us rapists and thieves (or whatever it was).
    They ginned up his comments(alleged by Sen Durbin) about some countries being sh*tholes . Then you have this woman who he had brought with him from his television shows into the White House claiming he used the N word repeatedly. But this was her in 2016 .

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2016/0...litzer-tsr.cnn
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 27, 2018, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Tomder, I've thought the same thing. I don't really know of any racist comments by Trump other than the stupid remark he made about Mexico only sending us rapists and thieves (or whatever it was).
    Google is your friend. "Trumps discrimination suits"

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/..._n_855553.html

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-curiel-223684

My personal favorite Dufus racist story, blasting black athletes who take a knee during the national anthem protesting police killings of blacks, by casting them as unpatriotic.

Common, you can't plead ignorant to his patterns of racism, nor his soft touch to the racists that make up his voting base.

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    That being said ;Trumps antics with the flag today are morally unjustified ,petty ,insipid ,and well beneath the office of the Presidency . It is also dumb politics . He may be able to hold his base with childish antics ;and maybe that is enough for him. He has a rare moment to unite the country and his vindictiveness is getting in the way. So any unity that comes from this will be the majority uniting against him .

Like I said, he is a self serving Dufus. He just announced the end of NAFTA with a trade agreement with Mexico which the outgoing president said was an understanding to improve NAFTA.

Well he did promise to shake things up. At that he is good at, lies and all.
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2018, 12:10 PM
    My personal favorite Dufus racist story, blasting black athletes who take a knee during the national anthem protesting police killings of blacks, by casting them as unpatriotic.
    I think a reasonable person might interpret that as being much more about patriotism rather than race. In fact the President didn't mention race. You are the one who brought that up. I never cease to be amazed at how those who lean liberal are so obsessed with race that they cannot see that the rest of us don't think that much about it.

My personal objection to the knee takers is that they are pushing a false narrative of widespread racial prejudice amongst police. The data does not support that at all. And I don't much care what the players do. It's been years since I have wasted much time watching the NFL.
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2018, 02:03 PM
    his soft touch to the racists that make up his voting base.
    that comment of course is a steaming pile of cow dung. Trump got almost 63 million votes . What percentage of that vote would you consider his 'racist base' ? It is attitudes like that by the Dems that will blow up in their faces in 2020 . You have learned absolutely nothing from the election. amazing !
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2018, 03:36 PM
    the racists that make up his voting base.
    Yep. When you run out of facts, then resort to baseless name calling. And then you have the 8% of blacks and 29% of Hispanics who voted for Trump, and are undoubtedly a bunch of racists as well. Racists, racists, racists! The woods are full of them!
    Expert

Aug 27, 2018, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    that comment of course is a steaming pile of cow dung. Trump got almost 63 million votes . What percentage of that vote would you consider his 'racist base' ? It is attitudes like that by the Dems that will blow up in their faces in 2020 . You have learned absolutely nothing from the election. amazing !
    He has a good chance of re election considering so many can ignore his glaring flaws and vote for him. Desperate? Hated Hillary that much? Just wanted a warm body to sign the papers for the repub agenda? If Mueller doesn't get him first. How many are racist you ask? My estimate is 10-20% easy. I would say we didn't learn anything from the last election. We learned that the repub party is desperate for it's agenda to be moved that the would accept anything and anybody to further that end.

Yep. When you run out of facts, then resort to baseless name calling. And then you have the 8% of blacks and 29% of Hispanics who voted for Trump, and are undoubtedly a bunch of racists as well. Racists, racists, racists! The woods are full of them!
    Obviously more than you would admit to, since you don't think its any and why listen to people hollering foul, when you don't see a problem yourself. Either do your homework or walk a mile in a black guys shoes. Maybe a few blocks would open up your mind. For a guy with such great sympathy for those families of the slain Americans in Benghazi, you dismiss the families of those slain by police here rather easily.
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2018, 06:33 PM
    Either do your homework or walk a mile in my shoes. Maybe a few blocks would open up your mind.
    No doubt true. Still, it's interesting to me that when I talk with conservatives, the conversation scarcely ever goes to race. I know a lot of people who supported Trump, and I can't think of a one that I would call a racist. The vast majority of them would happily agree with Dr. King's call to value people not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
    Expert

Aug 27, 2018, 06:41 PM
    By no means JL do I mean to infer that all conservatives or white people in general are racists far from it but they are a part of Trumps base, and obvious it's more than a few repubs who can put the content of his character aside for a chance at running their agenda. If that's what it takes then that's what it takes I suppose.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2018, 06:43 PM
    So you are saying being objectionable is acceptable to advance your political agenda, must be the reason we see so many dills in politics
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2018, 10:50 PM
    it's more than a few repubs who can put the content of his character aside for a chance at running their agenda.
    Sadly, that seems to be the course of politics. Dems did the same thing with Hillary. It's always about issues. Carter was elected at least in part because it was thought he had good character, and that turned into disaster. Not too sure what I propose we do about it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2018, 12:20 AM
    The solution is obvious, only elect cads but then you already do that
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2018, 04:20 AM
    The solution is obvious, only elect cads but then you already do that.
    Definition of cad:
    1. an ill-bred man, especially one who behaves in a dishonorable or irresponsible way toward women.

Bill Clinton???
    Expert

Aug 28, 2018, 06:25 AM
    The Dufus is but part of the problem. The congress has as much responsibility for this divisive malaise as the Dufus does. The ultimate responsibility lies with the people who elect these idiots. We reap what we sow. Nobody can be happy with what we have sown lately. It's a crap sandwich. Possible course correct opportunity coming in a few short months.

Trump got almost 63 million votes .
    A decidedly clear minority. Could that be the problem?

Definition of cad:
    1. an ill-bred man, especially one who behaves in a dishonorable or irresponsible way toward women.

Bill Clinton???
    Clinton has nothing on The Dufus. We will see what Mueller has.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2018, 06:29 AM
    Definition of cad:

Bill Clinton???
    Donald Trump
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2018, 07:42 AM
    Donald Trump
    And my point is, you could put Clinton or Trump either one in the category of "cad". All the holier than thou crowd that is so down on Trump all voted for Clinton with a smile on their face and joy in their hearts. That's what I find to be annoying, how anyone who supported Bill or Hillary could find the audacity to point the finger at Trump and act like they would have never voted for anyone with moral and character issues. If they want to criticize his stands on issues, then that is fine, but they might as well stop acting like a bunch of saints occupying the moral high ground. The stench around the democrats is, if anything, at least as great as the stench around the republicans. Now maybe we could all begin to insist, dems and repubs alike, that politicians live an honorable life, but good luck with that one.

Possible course correct opportunity coming in a few short months.
    If you think that putting Nancy Pelosi and Elizabeth Warren in charge of things is the answer, then you need a couple of strong cups of coffee.
    Expert

Aug 28, 2018, 08:43 AM
    You would rather have feckless men, than strong accomplished females do the peoples work? That might work for you but hasn't gotten the job done. Or maybe you missed the disgusting display of YOUR guy announcing a deal he doesn't have yet with Mexico. Much like the deal he had with Kim, or the still disgusting display he put on with Vlad. His policies, and methods are DISGUSTING. Coffee doesn't cure that.
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2018, 08:54 AM
    strong accomplished females
    Make that THREE cups of coffee. I am all for genuinely accomplished females, but Pelosi, Warren, and Clinton combined have accomplished nothing worth talking about. It reminds me of the time Bill O'Reilly asked two dems what HC's greatest accomplishment was, and they literally could not come up with a single thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mueller climatrol 137-115 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mueller Climatrol Model 137-115. I came home at lunch the fan was blowing. When I set the thermostat to 70 the burners kick on and heat up and it heats the house. When the house gets to desired temperature the fans stays on, burners go off. I've changed thermostat, same thing...

Mississippi state laws on indictments for incarcerated person [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend who was arrested in marion county , Mississippi for sales charge first offense. She has been incarcerated for nine months and still has not been indicted! How long do they have to indict her before she can be released?

Mueller Climatrol Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mueller Climatrol Furnace VR8200A 2132 model that has been in the house for over 20 years. It recently started blowing cool air. Repairmen came and oiled the motor and that did not help so they replaced the motor and the fan switch. Now the furnace tuns for one minute and turns off for 2...

Mueller Climatrol [ 4 Answers ]

I have bunch of old Units labeled: Mueller Climatrol Recessed Summner Conditioner Model 910-100 10500 BTU oer hour 230V Milwaukee WI

13 indictments and no lawyer? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok this is goinna be a kind of long story cause this has been going on for awhile now. My boyfriend went to court and was rescheduled for July. He was then picked up on May 11 2009, they said he had a warrant for his arrest for 13 indictments. He has a court date on the 18th of May and I was...

View more questions Search