Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2012, 04:00 AM
    It isn't me making the absurd claim that those who oppose abortions are responsible for the violence of a few kooks.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2012, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Why the "happy"? Patronizing?
    Not patronizing, I'm conceding a point so can move on.

So far in all the political discussions, it has not been mentioned about a woman going along with intimacy but then suddenly changing her mind and wanting out and saying no, but then her objections are not taken seriously ("she really wants it and is just being coy"), and she later claims she was raped.
    Um, that was my point. Sex after withdrawal of consent is rape. I don't buy into any of that "she really wants it / she had it coming / she shouldn't have teased me" nonsense. If she says no at any point it means no.
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2012, 08:19 AM
    The Obama campaign is milking this mythical war on women meme... using fake Republican women.

Posted on August 25, 2012 by John Hinderaker in 2012 Presidential Election, Democrats

Republican Women For Obama? [UPDATED: Another Fake "Republican" Exposed]

It happens all the time in talk radio: a caller will say that he is a lifelong Republican, and will recall fondly how he voted for Ronald Reagan. Then he says that today’s Republicans have gone too far, and for the first time ever he is voting for a Democrat! These callers are nearly always lying. If you look them up, you likely will find that they are Democratic Party precinct chairmen.

The Obama campaign is trying to perpetrate the same deception. It has just released a video called Republican Women For Obama, which features four or five women who claim to be Republicans, or to have been Republicans until recently. But, of course, they are appalled by Mitt Romney–it is hard to say why, apart from a couple of discreet references to abortion, but did they really just now figure out that the Republican Party is pro-life? The ad is surprisingly ineffective, but it is also dishonest. At least one of the women who pose as “Republican women for Obama” is a long-time Democrat.

Her name is Maria Ciano, and BuzzFeed finds that she has been a registered Democrat in Colorado at least since 2006. Here she is in the Obama ad. She is easy to spot in the ad because she wears braces...

Her Facebook page is here; some of her friends congratulate her on appearing in the Obama ad. In addition to the fact that she is a registered Democrat, check out her Facebook “likes.” They make it obvious that Ms. Ciano is a devoted Democrat and a left-wing activist. Here are some of her “likes,” beginning with the earliest in time:

* Democracy For America
    * Tar Sands Action
    * Amy Goodman
    * Barack Obama
    * Costoftaxcuts.com
    * Being Liberal
    * MoveOn.org
    * Bernie Sanders Tells You A Secret the GOP Would Rather You Didn’t Know
    * Miss Piggy Delivers the Best Takedown of Fox News We’ve Seen All Month
    * Think Progress
    * The Best Quote From Barack Obama We’ve Seen This Week
    * Dow and Monsanto Join Forces to Poison America’s Heartland
    * Climate Reality
    * Grist.org
    * The Amazing Victory Scored With Obama That More People Should Be Talking About
    * The Sierra Club
    * The Buffett Rule
    * Obama For America–Colorado
    * UniteWomen.org
    * Denver Young Democrats
    * Obamacare
    * Latinos For Obama
    * Michelle Obama
    * Veterans For Obama
    * I Love It When I Wake Up In the Morning and Obama Is President
    * Obama Truth Team
    * Democratic Party

But the Obama campaign describes Ms. Ciano as a “Republican Woman!” Right. There are liars; there are compulsive liars; and then there is the Obama campaign. If someone took the trouble to track the down the other women in the ad, they would probably find something similar. If you do that, please record your findings in the comments.
    Yeah, some "Republican" woman. Once again the blogoshpere doing the job the media won't do.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2012, 08:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    The Obama campaign is milking this mythical war on women meme...using fake Republican women
    Hello again, Steve:

OMG! I'm shocked...

No, not at the fact that Obama is doing it.. At the fact that you're (1) surprised about it, (2) even outraged about it, and (3) you appear to believe that Romney isn't ALSO doing it as well...

Do you REALLY believe that you're the GOOD guys here- innocent of ALL wrongdoing?? I think you DO.. Dude!

excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2012, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

OMG! I'm shocked...

No, not at the fact that Obama is doing it.. At the fact that you're (1) surprised about it, (2) even outraged about it, and (3) you appear to believe that Romney isn't ALSO doing it as well...
    Surprised? No sir, this is SOP for Obama.

Shocked? LOL, I have said for years Obama's number one priority was Obama staying in power - I don't believe there is level too low for him to go.

Do you REALLY believe that you're the GOOD guys here- innocent of ALL wrongdoing?? I think you DO.. Dude!
    What does surprise me is you still play that silly game event though you know better.

Really though, I could see that PAC that blamed Romney for killing a lady doing this but one would think the Obama campaign itself wouldn't be so shoddy as to put such an obvious shill front and center. That was an amateurish maneuver. The campaign's incompetence lately should worry you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 27, 2012, 11:21 AM
    You mean like Romneys lies about removing the job requirements from welfare? That lie wasn't from his superpac, he actually said it, NUMEROUS times.
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2012, 08:17 AM
    Hello again,

Need more evidence that the right wing has NO CLUE about women? Here's a right winger who's running to be a US Senator, and thinks having a baby out of wedlock is the same as being impregnated by RAPE...
    Asked by a reporter how he would counsel a daughter or granddaughter who had been impregnated by rape, Smith said: "I lived something similar to that with my own family. She chose life, and I commend her for that. . . . Don't get me wrong; it wasn't rape."

Pressed as to what he was talking about, Smith responded: "Having a baby out of wedlock." After that, he seemed to struggle to articulate what he meant.

"That's similar to rape?" a reporter asked.

"No, no, no," said Smith, who was referring to a daughter's decision to have a child outside marriage. Then he added, "But, well, put yourself in a father's position. Yes, I mean, it is similar."
    What does Steve say? You can't make this stuff up..

Excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2012, 08:27 AM
    Hello again,

Need more evidence that the right wing has NO CLUE about women?? Here's a right winger who's running to be a US Senator, and thinks having a baby out of wedlock is the same as being impregnated by RAPE...

excon
    "But, well, put yourself in a father's position..."

You want some horny scumbag knocking up your teen daughter? I'm sure dad felt violated, just as I feel violated by the scumbag that gave my daughter HIV. Any more questions?
    Magpie95 Posts: 97, Reputation: 14

Aug 28, 2012, 08:33 AM
    Hello again,

Need more evidence that the right wing has NO CLUE about women?? Here's a right winger who's running to be a US Senator, and thinks having a baby out of wedlock is the same as being impregnated by RAPE...

excon

Ha! Priceless! Texas just decided to quit providing funding to Planned Parenthood. 90% of that funding comes from the Federal Government anyway.

I hope they don't start blaming all the poverty stricken women who start putting even more kids into our welfare system. Seems ridiculous to not provide access to inexpensive birth control. I would rather my tax money go to that than the cost of an unwanted child over the course of its life. I suppose if you are poor and a woman, you should just not have sex... and be sure to take extreme rape pervention methods. Whatever, that would be.

The fact remains, both parties are petty and underhanded in their use of the media. Both are guilty. The masses have to do their own research and figure it out. The fact that we get to is what makes this country great.

Aug 28, 2012, 08:35 AM
    "But, well, put yourself in a father's position..."

You want some horny scumbag knocking up your teen daughter? I'm sure dad felt violated, just as I feel violated by the scumbag that gave my daughter HIV. Any more questions?
    A horny scumbag you willing have sex with is NOT the same as a horny scumbag that rapes you. UGH! How could you even defend such a notion? Absurd!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 28, 2012, 08:36 AM
    It's simple! You're either Pro-Choice or No- Choice. If you're Pro-Choice a woman makes her own medical decisions, If you're No-Choice then you hijack that choice and make her medical decisions for her and force her to term. As I said, Pro-Choice or No-Chouce,
    Regards. Tom
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 28, 2012, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie95 View Post
    A horny scumbag you willing have sex with is NOT the same as a horny scumbag that rapes you. UGH! How could you even defend such a notion? Absurd!
    Small correction: "A horny scumbag your daughter is willing to have sex with...."
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 28, 2012, 08:43 AM
    You give the lifers too much credit Tom, it's their way or NO WAY! NO EXCEPTIONS.

None of us is perfect, and sincerely sorry for your experience. As a father I have shared the pains and joys of my own kids successes and failures. Pretty helpless to change their choices though, and all I have is love and support. And talking until you are blue in the face. No matter how old they get, or what they do.

Control though?? NONE! Frustrating? You better believe it.

Aug 28, 2012, 08:47 AM
    Small correction: "A horny scumbag your daughter is willing to have sex with...."
    Thanks. I meant "you" in a global sense. Haha. Although, now, it seems funny.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 28, 2012, 08:51 AM
    Thanks. I meant "you" in a global sense. Haha. Although, now, it seems funny.
    Yup. I got that part, but I'm wondering where are the parents if a daughter is having sex with a horny, scumbag? And then equate that with rape?
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2012, 08:55 AM
    So my daughter ASKED for it and DESERVED to be infected with HIV and ABUSED and NEGLECTED to the point of near death from AIDS.

And you think we're the sick ones?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 28, 2012, 08:58 AM
    So my daughter ASKED for it and DESERVED to be infected with HIV and ABUSED and NEGLECTED to the point of near death from AIDS.
    He forced her to have sex, or she was willing?
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2012, 08:58 AM
    Yup. I got that part, but I'm wondering where are the parents if a daughter is having sex with a horny, scumbag? And then equate that with rape?
    First of all he didn't equate the two, he spoke that as a father it's similar to HIM. I can relate to that feeling as a dad who loves his daughter.

But apparently you guys are perfect parents or don't give a rat's a$$ if your daughter is sleeping around
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 28, 2012, 09:01 AM
    But apparently you guys are perfect parents or don't give a rat's a$$ if your daughter is sleeping around
    I don't have a daughter, and she wouldn't have slept around if I did have one. And neither of my sons slept (sleep) around.
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2012, 09:02 AM
    "But, well, put yourself in a father's position..." You want some horny scumbag knocking up your teen daughter? I'm sure dad felt violated... Any more questions?
    Hello again, Steve:

I don't know... The horny scumbag who, my daughter willingly slept with, and IS going to be IN my grandchild's life FOREVER, is WAYYYY different than than a VIOLENT RAPIST who TOOK what he wanted...

If anything, you confirmed my belief that the right wing has NO CLUE about women. You MIRRORED what this right wing kook said, and you MIRROR what Todd Akin BELIEVES about rape.

excon
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Obama's war on women [ 18 Answers ]

Why does Obama hate women? Add to that the fact that Obama doesn't care about real life issues women are facing such as gas and grocery prices instead of $9.00 contraceptives, and I'd say Obama is the one waging a war on women, not Republicans.

What personality traits do Black Women have vs. Asian, Iranian or White Women? [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to think of myself as a strong willed and independent African American woman, and have been recently dating a person who is from Iran. Now for the most part things are great but I have a feeling that he doesn't understand the personality traits of Black Women vs.the women he has dated...

World War two prisnor of war camps [ 4 Answers ]

There was movie I saw, back in like the early 70's. The story line was a prisnor of war camp along the German/Swiss border or German/Austrian border. The POW's build a glider and launch it from the ridge of the top floor roof, using a tub that is dropped from several stories to provided the...

Is the Iraq War just merely a political conflict or really a War? [ 10 Answers ]

The Iraq War has been awfully quiet these days. I read historical documentaries about other wars and, every time there's a war, It would cause much panic and it would all be on the news and everything. Officials would be all over the nation trying to find recruits and signs are up. But the Iraq...

View more questions Search