Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2013, 01:10 PM
    The only reason Medicare doesn't and cannot go bankrupt is due to statutory law. Congress has to raise taxes or reduce benefits to keeps it solvent as it is .What you have been paying into is a Ponzi scheme that you may be benefitting from ;but future generations (and I'm talking a few years... not decades ) will be strapped with the bills of the baby boomers.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 2, 2013, 01:10 PM
    What's free about Medicare, or health care? I pay for mine, so does my mom STILL! Or is that your TParty, right wing impersonation?
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2013, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    What's free about Medicare, or health care? I pay for mine, so does my mom STILL! Or is that your TParty, right wing impersonation?
    Yeah keep believing that .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2013, 01:16 PM
    Hello again, tom:
    yeah keep believing that .
    I believe Mitt Romney when he posited that we could save 5 points off our GDP if we adopted some sort of universal health care... He was positively giddy over the savings Israel has with the SAME system..

Excon
    Expert

Aug 2, 2013, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    the only reason Medicare doesn't and cannot go bankrupt is due to statutory law. Congress has to raise taxes or reduce benefits to keeps it solvent as it is .What you have been paying into is a Ponzi scheme that you may be benefitting from ;but future generations (and I'm talking a few years ...not decades ) will be strapped with the bills of the baby boomers.
    We already had that argument during the last election and Romney lost. As you said there are alternative to bankruptcy, and if the wingers in the congress would quite Squealing and Repealing, we may get a fair path to solvency.

It's not a hard a you guy think it is. Just raising the maximum payroll deduction would be a start. Future generation can have their own idea.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2013, 02:17 PM
    We already had that argument during the last election and Romney lost. As you said there are alternative to bankruptcy, and if the wingers in the congress would quite Squealing and Repealing, we may get a fair path to solvency.

It's not a hard a you guy think it is. Just raising the maximum payroll deduction would be a start. Future generation can have their own idea.
    I get it... more soak the rich solutions . You turn 'insurance ' into just another welfare program. Typical . Think I'll get my 3 Obamaphones so I can call my contacts in Jamaica to find out what food stamp purchases are needed to smuggle into Montego Bay.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2013, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:
    I believe Mitt Romney when he posited that we could save 5 points off our GDP if we adopted some sort of universal health care... He was positively giddy over the savings Israel has with the SAME system..

excon
    So that's why you voted for him ?
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2013, 02:50 PM

A fair path to solvency like inviting more illegals into the system ? But what you fail to say is that Obamacare is already gutting Medicare benefits... Your emperor is also capping reimbursements so fewer doctors are taking Medicare patients. So you have both punitive confiscation in your sights and severe rationing .No wonder Howard Dean speaks of the evils of the death panel .
    Expert

Aug 2, 2013, 03:43 PM
    REPEAL

Obamacare- the poor can go to the emergency room or die.

Voting right- So your guy can win.

Abortion- And contraceptive.

Education- elite and rich people only, no unions. Beside private school can do it better at a bigger profit and no worries about liberals poisoning young minds.

Regulation- Companies can regulate themselves.

Gay marriage- No kids, (and no abortions)

The government- of the people, by the people as in the constitution in order to form a more perfect union, and turn everything over to the rich guy to run.

Civil rights- rich, angry old white guys only. All others subject to be shot in self defense.

Freedom of speech- See above, hollering only. Truth is optional. (not to be confused with speechless, an oxymoron since righy's never shut up!)

Medicare-why waste money on old people who are going to die anyway?

What you thought liberals don't know what conservative are about?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2013, 03:45 PM
    Gee... Tal has been hitting the koolaid cooler pretty heavy. Because that's the biggest load of crap I've seen since I last Read a Washington Post newspaper.
    Expert

Aug 2, 2013, 04:06 PM
    Okay how about you guy's Plan B, shut the government down or REPEAL Obamacare. What are you guy drinking?
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2013, 04:37 PM
    What we isn't drinking is having the taxpayers who are already being hit hard by this bill that was passed by a lame duck Congress on it's way out of town in the dead of night, subsidizing 75% of the Congress and their staff's health care plans under this cr@p sandwich plan . How dare they expect it when they know the people are hurting because they bear the burden of this oppression!! They passed this bill and expect to be exempt?? And they don't have the cahones to debate and pass their exemption?? And rely on the emperor to do it by decree?? And now the whole group of them will skulk out of Washington for the rest of the summer?? Time to sharpen the pitch forks .
    Expert

Aug 2, 2013, 04:45 PM
    So caps, cancellations, and pre existing conditions along with rising premiums to cover emergency room visits by the uninsured was better?
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2013, 04:49 PM
    Spare me... the answer is YES ,the old system was superior to the disaster unfolding .If this new system was sooooooo much better ,then Congress and their staff ,and the IRS should be more than willing to live under the provisions.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2013, 05:45 PM
    Hello again,

I don't know what the law says. And, THAT'S the problem.. Nobody does. As long as there's this KNOWLEDGE gap, the Republicans are going to fill it with death panels and stuff, and that's exactly what they're doing.

Now, I BELIEVE the law isn't the disaster the right wing portrays it. And, because they've lied about it since the get go, you can't believe them now. But, it absolutely IS a public relations disaster.. Fellows like tal and me OUGHT to be able to tell you exactly HOW and WHY Obamacare is better than what we had, but we can't. Leastways, I can't.

excon
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2013, 06:20 PM
    THen why did congress exempt themselves and their staffs from it... why are so many labor unions been given exemptions?

If it was so great EVERYONE would want to be in it... and in fact Most Democrats don't even want to be in it.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2013, 06:49 PM
    Well Ex if you don't know, maybe, just maybe, it isn't, at least not for those already insured. How come this thing is so complex anyway?
    Expert

Aug 2, 2013, 07:41 PM
    One thing we know for sure you guy haven't read the thing even after the link was provided to you, yet you still holler. It for the uninsured, and sets rule for all insurance provider.

Now if you want to listen to insurers and providers whining about their profits, and employers whining and crying about taking care of their employees, and bureaucrats whining about losing what they have go ahead. Sure we have a few glitches to work out, but they are easier fixes than you think, and you don't even have to cut minimum wage workers hours, either.

How do I know for sure the right wing is completely wrong? Because I read the thing and the winger still haven't. They rather holler like I've been saying for a long time now.

I challenge you guy to read it and have an honest discussion and drop this Squeal and Repeal nonsense you guy are stuck on. Reasonable questions only, no whining and hollering. Rock thrown will be thrown back.
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2013, 08:01 PM
    There is over 5,000 pages with every imaginable type of worthless crap in it...
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2013, 08:05 PM
    It expect it reflects those who drew it up, aspirational documents always do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obamacare 2.0 [ 440 Answers ]

Health Insurance Brokers Prepare Clients For Obamacare Sticker Shock - Forbes Yeah it's the greedy provider's fault that they have to double rates to cover all the mandates in the plan. Yeah the Obots were slick making sure all the low hanging fruit ;all the carrots like allowing your kids...

Obamacare For The Poor [ 18 Answers ]

What happens in 2014. Women 60 years old is unemployed and has a preexisting condition. Has been denied medicaid in Florida, she did not met the current guild-lines. Only income is from her husband's social security check. I wonder what will happen in this type of situation??

Obamacare... [ 6 Answers ]

What exactly does it mean? I've heard different things from different people and don't know what to believe...

Obamacare's unconstitutional [ 17 Answers ]

That's what U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson said today. He said the mandate requiring people to have medical insurance exceeds all constitutional "logical limitations ". Judge in Va. strikes down federal health care law - Yahoo! News If one part of Obamacare goes down then the whole law...

Alternatives to Obamacare; [ 178 Answers ]

Obamacare, whatever that may be, is unpopular, not cost effective , and offensive to the people it is to care for and from whom paid taxes into this. It is time to move on and look at alternatives to Obamacare and the CURRENT healthcare system we have in place. The ultimate goal being to provide...

View more questions Search