Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 18, 2015, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayley666 View Post
    ... , we haven't made a statement or spoken to anyone over this.
    Good. Should the police or other authorities seek to ask you about this, don't answer any questions without your attorney present.
    Hayley666 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2015, 08:44 AM
    They're issuing a warrant for his arrest. Apparently her wounds are worse than his..?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 18, 2015, 09:35 AM
    They're issuing a warrant for his arrest. Apparently her wounds are worse than his..?
    Who are "his", "her", and "his"?

And how do you know that a warrant is being issued?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 18, 2015, 09:36 AM
    Please clarify. His who? Which "his?"

May 18, 2015, 09:44 AM
    I called the arresting agency who told Me the deputy who took the statement was pushing for an arrest warrant to be issued. The arrest warrant will be issued for my husband because his wounds couldn't have been that bad in comparison to the other persons.

May 18, 2015, 12:29 PM
    Got a copy of police report. Other person has lied through all of it.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 18, 2015, 01:53 PM
    So, get a lawyer is the only advice I can give you. We can't help you more than temporary advice not knowing all of the Honest particulars from one side.

What do you want us to say ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 18, 2015, 01:59 PM
    I called the arresting agency who told Me the deputy who took the statement was pushing for an arrest warrant to be issued. The arrest warrant will be issued for my husband because his wounds couldn't have been that bad in comparison to the other persons.
    What do you mean 'arresting agency' ? The police department ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 18, 2015, 10:41 PM
    I will add, your friend, is not the one to decide or not to decide to "press charges" that is TV and Hollywood.

In real life, making the police statement is saying it happened, and now the DA will decide if they want to press the charges or not.

So if the DA decides to, some time in the next two week to two months, they issue a warrant for his arrest.

If convicted, he could lose his CDL or at least his job, depending on the companies rules.
    James Kie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2015, 12:16 AM
    Yes definitely get a lawyer. Since your are only 17 if worst case happens and u are found guilty your record gets expunged. But this is not a matter to take lightly as this may only be a class 1 misdomeder u could face up to 6 months in juvenile hall. And have to pay a fine. When u hire a lawyer as him to ask the judge if u can get into a divergencey program that way this charge never goes on your record
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 23, 2015, 02:45 AM
    Hi James and welcome to the site. I will note that your answer is not correct for several issues. One is where is this at ? Laws differ greatly. In Georgia for example, a 17 year old will be tried as an adult, not a Juv and they will normally go to Jail, not juv. In fact many states now treat 17 year old in adult court.

Also no their record is not expunged

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

15 year old son and stepfather in a physical altercation [ 4 Answers ]

My God I need help. I can't believe I am putting this out there in an online forum, but I feel very alone in this situation. Brief background: divorced 7 years-- remarried a year ago. I have 4 kids and my husband has 3. One of my kids went to live with his dad not even a year ago because he has...

Physical Attraction [ 4 Answers ]

If a man finds a woman physically attractive then he has a pre disposition to want to be with her, to perhaps chat her up, flirt, be close to her... etc etc etc.. Show indications of emotional interest. (Not counting guys already in relationships) Therefore since we are all human it stands...

Physical custody [ 5 Answers ]

I have 2 girls ages 8 and 7. They have been living with me continuously for 5 years. I do not have legal custody. Their mother visits them about 3 weekends a month but only if I take them to her home. She does not call them during the entire weekdays in between visits. She gained custody through...

Physical science [ 2 Answers ]

Which element is more reactive Na or Fr?

View more questions Search