Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    statixmx Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 11:51 PM
    Zappy,

You aren't alone! I've felt this way for many years and it makes me feel really bad about myself. I'm a senior and I'm stressing just to graduate. I'm very scared of failure and I know without a high school diploma it's virtually impossible to find a nice paying job that you enjoy. If you quit you will never forgive yourself, you'll have to go the rest of your life knowing you gave up. That is my motivation, that's keeping me from dropping out now. If you TRY I'm sure you will make it there in the end, it won't be easy but you'll get there!
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Jan 8, 2007, 01:53 AM
    Zappy,

I understand being down and just wanting to quit, but if you quit you will be trying to catch up for the rest of your life. You won't get anywhere if you just drop out... unless you desire to work at McDonalds for the rest of your life.

I loved school, but once I hit high school I felt like I was stupid too. I never took biology or any advanced math classes. I stuck with agriculture to cover my science requirements.. lol. I failed algerbra II like twice I think... it was so damn embarrassing, but it was like I had a mental block that wouldn't allow me to 'get it'.

Do you have any goals for after school? Is there anything you really want to do with your life? I think it will be easier for you to be more motivated to learn and pay attention if you have your sites on an ultimate goal.

It took me after high school to actually figure that out though... which sucks cause now when I go to college next year I will have to play catch up for the things I didn't really get. I wish I would have realized how important high school is when I was still in it.. Oh well, Now I just hope that you can find the motivation to get through it the best you can... You can do it you just need to believe in yourself.
    It sounds like you really do care, otherwise you wouldn't be here looking for advice. I hope that you can pick yourself up and do what you need to do while you can still do it.
    toddles93 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Mar 10, 2008, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zappy
    I think everybody got on the "Smart Train" and I missed it. Everybody seems to get everything so well, however, I don't understand ANYTHING. I failed Biology this semester. I've never got above a 70 in science all my life. Its terrible. I failed with a 68. I just don't know anything like all the other teenagers do.

Its funny though, because I'm 16 in the 10th grade. Im OLDER then most everyone, yet Im still the stupid one. My attention span is like, .1. I dont think I have ADD though. I just get so bored with it. Or, I'll be interested until the first time I dont understand something, or I just lose interest in the subject. It just gets boring. I think there's something wrong with me. I used to love school... Now I hate it.

I think Im gonna quit....
    Don't quit I'm 14 went through the same problem got suspended 16 times though but I'm a good kid now I do all my work talk to your counselor about add my dad took me off all my medication and I have adhd depresion ocd and my dad doesn't think I do he makes me feel bad about things but remember there's always people out there like school or whatever but they care for you and your not dumb no one is if your trying your hardest and your failing it's not your fauld and people are only scared of anything because of consequences so don't worry cause you have no councequences because it's not your fault

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stupid, Stupid Me. [ 13 Answers ]

So I had unprotected sex with someone I knew for a day. I am usually very good about these things but things just got out of control. She went back to the states and I haven't talked to her since nor do I have a way to. I pulled out before I finished but then we continued after that. My question...

How stupid am I? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, Okay... here it is... I went out on sat night and had quite a few drinks... I ended up kissing this guy... thats not my problem. I actually like his brother... now my friend has told me that the brother likes me too and now I feel like I have stuffed up everything. I have only met these...

View more questions Search