Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 22, 2010, 07:09 PM

And the backtracking and coverup begins...

My Way News - Pa. school official defended in webcam spy case
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 07:51 AM

See the entire we only use the camera if the laptop was reported missing is BS. This Student never reported the lap top missing so why were they snapping pictures? When the student was called in to the office they suspected him of using drugs. Because the web cam took a picture of what looked like to be pills but in reality were Mike and Ike candy!!

So the question to me is Why were they snapping away?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 11:23 AM

GPS anyone? Did they really think a webcam was the best way to find a missing laptop?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    GPS anyone? Did they really think a webcam was the best way to find a missing laptop?
    They don't need GPS. And yes it is a good way because they have a picture of the perp. There is no denying it then. Like video cameras in stores.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    This looks to me like another case of a bureaucrat taking stupidity up to government specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    The right to privacy in our own homes comes to mind.
    Hello:

When you're scaird, you tell the part of government you righy's LOVE to "do what you gotta do to protect us". And you're happy when they pass a law called the Patriot Act, giving the government extraordinary powers to spy upon ourselves. Even IF it's not authorized, you certainly don't expect the government to care - especially when it's ferreting out crime.

What surprises me, is that you're surprised when the government actually DOES what you authorized them to do. I don't know what YOU think Vice means when he talks about "black ops", but I know what I think it is.

I'll bet your camera in your cell phone comes on when the government wants it to. Certainly they know where you ARE when you carry your cell phone.

I don't trust 'em. Never have and never will.

excon
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Feb 25, 2010, 03:41 PM

Welcome back Excon, we all missed you.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 04:27 PM

I'll second the welcome back, Ex. Now Paraclete won't have to argue as the sole voice of liberalism.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 04:50 PM

Welcome back Ex.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2010, 12:06 PM

Coincidently ;the Democrat majority passed an extension to the Patriot act yesterday .

Also waiting to hear which provision of the Patriot act allows school adminstrators to become voyers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are city schools or ruaral schools better? [ 5 Answers ]

Are city schools or ruaral schools better in your opinions? What are the pros and cons for each type?

Computer spying [ 2 Answers ]

I just got FIOS and it's great but this is the firt time I had wireless. I had a few friends over for the 4th and we started talking and I asked if Its possible for people to see what I'm looking at on my computer somehow And one guy says it is possible, I argued about it and he could not...

Email Spying [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible for me to find out if someone is reading my email and who it might be? They could possibly know my password. I know I can change it, but it's tied to lots of things I do.

Looking at new schools [ 0 Answers ]

Where can I find questions to ask a principal at a new school I am interviewing?

View more questions Search