Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Apr 28, 2010, 03:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    I get what you're saying, and I honestly don't know what the answer is either.

Clearly he's trying to control what happens between you sexually, because despite what they say, men like to take the initiative. They do.

Hence the scenario where he leaves you high and dry - it's that old push-pull again. If any woman did it they would call her a 'cock-teaser'. (A derogatory Australian expression.)

War only happens if two parties are involved. So stop playing and see what happens. Leave him feeling defensive. Less is more, if you know what I mean. Don't try and make it better for him or explain yourself. Be loving and supportive but be totally non-committal if he starts doing the 'poor me' thing. It's his stuff, he needs to own it.

May I suggest a book that was really helpful for me?
    Passionate Marriage by David Schnarch.

I don't think there is an easy answer, but you're the one feeling 'battered', so maybe take the focus off your feelings, sex and your husband's reactions and put the focus on other parts of your life for a while?
    Thank you again, you are very patient and sensible. I have let myself get dragged into power games but I didn't fully recognise it because I'm trying to give the power away rather than take it. I hope that makes sense. I can see I need to give him time to take it rather than push it onto him.

It feels a bit like when a child has been allowed to slip into bad behaviour and you have to ride it out whilst they keep upping the ante until they realise you aren't taking things back to they way they want them. Golly that sounds patronising to the hubby but it's the closest analogy for how it feels right now I can come up with.

On a positive note I just feel a lot better and more relaxed this morning. I think it just got to a point where I really needed a chat and some sense talking into me, so a massive thanks for going through that with me. (You must be the last person I greenied so it won't let me but please accept a whole bundle of virtual greenies :) )

We both seem cheery this morning. He seems friendly and considerate which is great because at times in the past there have been those awkward atmospheres after our chats sometimes. I think we are both doing well at rebuilding things generally in our relationship after our wobble, but the sex will take a little longer. I can accept that, just feel it builds up into a bit of an 'elepant in the corner' sometimes.

I will have a look out for that book sometime, but for now I'm feeling able to trundle on and not worry too much about it. I expect I'll be back sometime, hopefully to report good things eventually, but big thanks for helping me along again for the moment.

Apr 29, 2010, 04:15 PM

Well, I didn't expect to be back so soon, but I'm happy to report that hubby suddenly found his mojo! Not only did he find the confidence to instigate, but a jolly fun, open, communicative time ensued. Afterwards he said, 'not only was that really good, but you made me feel really good about myself and I can't wait for more.'

Result! Excuse me while I do a few cartwheels round the kitchen..

Seriously though, what I really want to say is that without you all giving me support and constructive advice, as well as a safe place to vent my worries and frustrations I don't think we would have got to this point by now. Of course I know there may be ups and downs in the future, but I sure know where to come if I get stuck again and for now I'm feeling very pleased.

You guys and gals are the best! Thank you so much.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by QLP View Post
    Seriously though, what I really want to say is that without you all giving me support and constructive advice, as well as a safe place to vent my worries and frustrations I don't think we would have got to this point by now. Of course I know there may be ups and downs in the future, but I sure know where to come if I get stuck again and for now I'm feeling very pleased.

You guys and gals are the best! Thankyou so much.
    I am glad that you are finally getting somewhere with him.

I also want to say that I hope you stick around (when you feel like it), not because you need help, but because you have great advice to give.

Enjoy. :)
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2010, 09:36 PM
    Well, I didn't expect to be back so soon, but I'm happy to report that hubby suddenly found his mojo! Not only did he find the confidence to instigate, but a jolly fun, open, communicative time ensued. Afterwards he said, 'not only was that really good, but you made me feel really good about myself and I can't wait for more.'

Result! Excuse me while I do a few cartwheels round the kitchen..

You guys and gals are the best! Thankyou so much.
    That's great! His feedback to you was lovely...

Sometimes it's really important to persevere - long term relationships are worth it, if we can withstand the ebbs and flows.

Apr 30, 2010, 01:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    I am glad that you are finally getting somewhere with him.

I also want to say that I hope you stick around (when you feel like it), not because you need help, but because you have great advice to give.

Enjoy. :)
    Aww shucks thanks. Afraid you're stuck with me, I'm addicted now. :)
    ( won't let me greenie you.)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 30, 2010, 05:17 AM
    Aww shucks thanks. Afraid you're stuck with me, I'm addicted now. :)
    ( won't let me greenie you.)
    You smiling is all the thanks I need. :)

AMHD does have a tendency to hold on to people. I think we are still working on the support group.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for hubby [ 13 Answers ]

I'm pregnant with a drunk abusive husband I can't find but I miss like hell and wish I could find. His name is p and he means the world to me. We have 2 babies and all I want is to find him. I love him and never have I betrayed him like he chooses to believe. Please help me bring my family back...

Hubby wants me to be with another [ 5 Answers ]

My hubby and I have been together for 15 years, married for 10. We have 3 kids together, ages 8, 4, and 2. I run a part-time business out of our home (with actual business accounting and prep hours is more like full-time employment) plus I care for our three children. My hubby has always had...

Hubby was talking to his ex [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, There is a problem that I need some advice on.. Iam passing throug a really difficult moment and feel very depressed. Right now, Iam at work and since last night my eyes can't stop getting watery from what I found out yesterday from the love of my life, my husband.. The major problem of...

My hubby [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Never Had An Orgasm. It's Not That I Don't Like The Sex I Love It But I Just Can't Have An Orgasm. What Can I Do?

How much can an ex hubby get away with? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my question is about a divorce. We divorced in Oct. of 2007. I have custody of our two small children. He was ordered NOT to pay child support for a medical condition that the judge didn't even ask for any documentation on. I have my doubts about this sickness. He was however ordered to...

View more questions Search