Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Oct 19, 2009, 01:11 PM

I justed ordered Makari to use on my arms
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2009, 05:56 PM
    Makari night crème? Then it should lighten the arms very well, I remember I started seeing results by my second week.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Oct 20, 2009, 08:09 AM

Golden_Girl,

Do you still see good results with the makari? I found second time round that makari was not as effective as when I first tried it. Not sure if they changed their formulation, due to all the breakouts being mentioned.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 08:56 AM
    I don't know, I stopped using it this past March and I used it for about 5 months from last year. I thought of trying it again, but I rather look for something cheaper that'll give the same results. I don't know if they had changed their formulation or not. They should change something that will not cause the face to breakout. My guess is that they should use less silicone and more natural oils that are not hydrogentated to avoid clogging, so maybe that was it?

Oct 20, 2009, 12:02 PM

Yes I ordered the night cream. It is on sale, I will not be applying it to my face though

Oct 20, 2009, 02:29 PM

OMG Just placed my Makari order yesterday and just received confirmation from UPS that my package will be here tomorrow. YEEEAAA!!
    canuguesswhoiam Posts: 44, Reputation: -1

Oct 20, 2009, 02:35 PM

I've stopped using it because it worked great the first few months then I notice it seems they have been watering down whatever in it that was making it work quick, more and more.

When I went and tried it this last time, because it went on sale, I could swear it darkened me! It also made my face puffy and caused some deep BOILS! U just threw the remains of the last jar out. I kept the pretty glass jar though, as a souvenir.

So I have retired from makari use and plan to move on, no more makari for me!

Oct 20, 2009, 02:37 PM
    . I

Oct 20, 2009, 02:53 PM

Wow.. Because it was on sale I almost ordered two jars so glad I only ordered the one jar

Oct 20, 2009, 02:55 PM
    You know what guys I think I'm only going to use on my hands ONLY, that way I can maybe see a good or not so good result by using on a small part of the body without having to order another jar before seeing results.
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Oct 20, 2009, 03:44 PM

Is there a downside to makari? Does it have hydroquinone or steroids?

Oct 20, 2009, 03:48 PM

Who knows. I just know makari hit a solid plateau with it, and it simply won't work anymore for me, for whatever the reason.

Moving on again...
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by so sexy View Post
    wow.. Because it was on sale i almost ordered two jars so glad I only ordered the one jar
    Sexy your talking about the 30% off sale? Yeah the sent the special to my email and I was seriously considering it but backed out since I ordered all that other stuff. But, I still like the way it lightens.

Brown, to me the only downside with Makari is their prices, and some people may breakout from it pretty bad too. I would get a zit or 2, but nothing to stress over. If their prices were much cheaper I would have definitely stocked up on them. But, that I know of there's no hq or steroids in their products. I would love to get the ingredients tested someday just for fun... I posted their active ingredients somewhere around here a couple of months back.

Oct 20, 2009, 07:58 PM

I really don't think makari cream is consistent. On another forum (brightskin) other people have been saying what used to lighten isn't lightening anymore or that they are actually darkening too.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 08:08 PM
    Wow, glad I didn't experience that. I never redarkened while using the makari, after I had lightened a few shades I then was just maintaining 3 times a week along with exfoliation. I still wanted to get lighter, but yeah I had hit a plateau as well and wouldn't get any lighter from it. I had only wanted to lighten about 1.5-2 more shades and I would have been set... lol. I don't know how their products are now, as it has been several months since I last used it.

Oct 21, 2009, 11:17 AM

I just received the Makari I will be using it tonight. Considering that it is a night cream is it best to only use at night.
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by so sexy View Post
    I just recieved the Makari I will be using it tonight. Considering that it is a night cream is it best to only use at night.
    Much luck Sosexy, I used the night crème for the morning and night. Main difference with the night and the day crème is that the day crème has sunscreen in it and is less oily. But the night gave me no zits on my arms or hands, so it should be cool. A little of their crème goes a long way too.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Oct 22, 2009, 07:31 AM

I use the night cream in the day as well. Just found it to be richer, but as we all know to buy the day and the night and the caviar etc just becomes a tad expensive and what with me buying everything in sight is not a good idea.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 11:00 PM
    Yeah, I agree. The day crème is so much smaller and works just as well as the night kind. So, I used one so it could last longer. If they have another by one get one free or half off, I would be so tempted. I remember last year they had something like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What kind of nuclear last longest? [ 2 Answers ]

I've heard of a kind of energy called plutonium-238, is it nuclear? I also want to know, what kind of nuclear is most dangerous? I've heard of a few, like the neptunium-237, what is the name of the most dangerous one. Also, if they ever uses nuclear for space travel and want it to last long, what...

I need to calculate the full product unit cost of both the 12pack and 2-liter product [ 1 Answers ]

I have raw materials costs 3% loss of raw materials, because of packaging requirements Packing materials costs 2% damaged materials Manufacturing expense Truck delivery fee Storage fee Wages p/year Manufacturing costs p/yr.

What cells last the longest? [ 1 Answers ]

The cells in your body are continuosly disassembled and reassembled. Which one of the following kinds of body cells lasts longest-that is, turns over the least often? A. Neurons B. Liver Cells C. Skin Cells D. Intestinal Cells

At noon when is the flagpole the longest [ 1 Answers ]

Think about the apparent path the sun takes each day across the sky.We know that the path varies in a regular way during the year. If we define local noon as the time when the sun is at its highest point for the day, then what day or date will a flagpole cast the longest at local noon time...

Organism With Longest Intestine [ 4 Answers ]

Can Someone Tell Me The Name Of The Organism That Has The Longest Intestine On The Planet Earth.(I remember that length is so much so that can wrapped around the whole planet earth three times). Thanks(Anxiously Waiting For Answer)

View more questions Search