Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2009, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by robertva View Post
    Thank you for the complement on my writing skills, but please don't make plagiarism accusations you can't back up with a citation. I certainly can't recall the exact wording of a printed driver's manual I read years ago!

I'm not so fast typing I can produce a reply in five minutes either.

My gosh, if you think a east bound car turning left at a permissive green or an uncontrolled approach has the right of way over an west bound turn car turning right I hope you don't make any visits here! Of course if there's a safety zone or island between the thru lane and a entrance ramp like right turn lane the car turning left has already completed the turn and the right turning car should behave as if they are entering from a side street.

I'll certainly try to avoid driving in your area - wherever that is - but I still must respectfully disagree.

The car that owns the intersection has the right of way and it could be either car.

I investigate accidents in NY and the "rules" may very well be different in other areas but what you have stated is most definitely NOT cut in stone.

I spend a lot of time standing in traffic and taking photos and also diagraming accidents, trying to sort out the pieces.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2009, 02:08 PM

In Georgia, no a right turn is not the right of way to a left turn.

If there is no light then the first car there, if two cars at the same time, the one to the right of the other car.

If there is no stop signs, then it will be treated as if there were.

And of course those with yellow flashing has right of way over red

**** GA police officer many years

I will add the worst mistake is to come here new and attack the two main moderators for this web site, not the way to really start on a good way
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 5, 2009, 02:14 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I will add the worst mistake is to come here new and attack the two main moderators for this web site, not the way to really start off on a good way
    Just a point, this guy isn't new. Been here for 2 years with 249 posts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record? [ 22 Answers ]

I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar

Driving on Driving Permit [ 1 Answers ]

HI all, I was caught for driving on a permit w/o a driver's license, and no licensed co passenger besides me. The cop gave me a summon which I can plead guilty or not in 10 days. The fine is $109. If I plead guilty I don't know how many points will be taken off. I have International Driving...

18 and driving job [ 3 Answers ]

I am 18 and am looking for a job driving in VA. Does anybody have any suggestions or tips or helpful comments?

It's driving me mad... [ 26 Answers ]

I typed out a whole long message regarding this, about why I think I feel this way, and what I think it's a reflection of, but I think it was far too long to bother you all with... The problem is that I'm sabotaging my relationship with my fiancé. I love him so much, and I know he loves me, so...

View more questions Search