Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 02:36 PM
    They have grown kids from their five year marriage?

Or obviously this isn't their first go around?

I stand by everything I have said, he has to admit to the cheating before you are going to handle solutions.

At this point, all trust is completely gone.

An affair crumbled the foundation of a relationship.

No foundation, your house of love is going to crack and crumble.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 02:37 PM

Sorry for the confusion. He isn't the kid's dad. This is her second marriage.

Sorry she isn't very good at relaying importantn info. I have to ask her directly for everything
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2009, 03:30 PM

I agree with Justwantfair, he needs to come clean and put forth the effort if they have any hope in rebuilding trust in the relationship. If he won't, and certainly if she feels he continues to cheat, she doesn't have much choice.

Stay, turn a blind eye, and try to endure it, or cut her losses, move on, and build a better life for herself. IF there is any consulation, thank goodness it was 5 years and not 40.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 03:36 PM

Hmmm... she says she does NOT want to continue the relationship... im not sure what she wants to know... im wondering if she is only looking for confermation of her disicion. Sort of like 'am I doing the right thing'

Keep in mind there is a language barrier here, she doesn't speak englesh very well and I only know very little spanish.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 25, 2009, 04:28 PM

She needs to leave his and use the proof in court when she files for divorce.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    she needs to leave his and use the proof in court when she files for divorce.
    For the second time that I am telling you.

Adultery is no longer a fault in divorce. It will not benefit her in filing.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 25, 2009, 06:29 PM
    Just my 2 cents worth here.

She has presented her evidence directly to him, and he will still not accept responsibility for what he has done.

What has been presented to him should be followed by something. If she wishes to work through this and HE is willing to fess up and also work through this, then by all means go this route. It will not be easy, and only you can decide if it is worth the effort to try to establish trust again.

I suspect that the 'evidence' is only the tip of the iceberg.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 25, 2009, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    For the second time that I am telling you.

Adultery is no longer a fault in divorce. It will not benefit her in filing.
    In which states is it no longer considered a fault? I know for a fact that it still is in at least Ohio.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 25, 2009, 06:57 PM
    Well that's interesting. I did not realize that. I guess going that route would be a negative due to the possible costs involved. Seems much easier with a no-fault.

Divorce Source: FAQs About Ohio Divorce
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 03:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    in which states is it no longer considered a fault? i know for a fact that it still is in at least ohio.

It is still in some states, not in others. Some state you can go either way apparently.

http://www.divorcelawinfo.com/Pages/...ault%20divorce
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 10:19 AM

Hmm from what I understand, in Arizona they call divorce dissolousion of marriage, and use a default no-fault.

UNLESS she has a covenent marriage (which I will need to ask her after she comes back from lunch) in which case she WILL need to prove one of the following...

•Adultery
    •Conviction of a felony which mandates imprisonment or death
    •Abandonment for over one year
    •Commission of domestic violence against spouse, child or relative
    •Living separately and continuously and without reconciliation for over two years
    •Living separately for over one year after a legal separation is obtained
    •Habitual use of drugs or alcohol
    •Both spouses agree to a dissolution

Divorce in Arizona

*edit* also, thank you everyone for all the help you have offered.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 05:38 PM

What do you do when you know your husband is cheating and you confront him with it and he lies about and you show him the proof?
    Somebody has to go, until this mess is figured out. If he mind is made up, the next step is a lawyer and get some professional advise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friend Likes Guy. Guy hates friend! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, My best friend likes this guy right? All Well and Good? NO!! The Guy She Likes, thinks she's annoying and weird. The guy is like one of my closest friends, I could talk to him about it but my friend doesn't want me 2. She didn't want me to write this but I am because she needs advice! Any...

How should I tolerate my best friend with another girl who was also my best friend? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi to all here is my story I loved a guy... I proposed him he said you are very good friend really I can't loose u... our relation became very strong we two became my best friend rather he also considers me best friend... a girl who was my best friend always said you two are made for each other......

Slept with my neighbour/friend/ex's friend/he has a girlfriend [ 20 Answers ]

So I was drinking at my friends house when he showed up just in time to give me a ride home and we've lived across the road from each other for quite some time now and we were friends in grade 7 until now... we're both 19. I had a great night with him we were up until 6 and woke up at 9: 30 to do...

I fall in love with my best friend he still considers me just dear friend can I chang [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know if I can change the way he loves me , knowing that he always loves to talk with me Can this change? Can we become good couple? Thanks all...

Found Out girl friends ex- boy friend came to see her [ 2 Answers ]

Found Out girl friend’s ex- boy friend came to see her, and she spent time with him, She tell’s Me she is still crazy about me, and likes me a lot, so I told her I will give her a few day’s To see what she wants. Well, we ended up spending that whole 5 day’s together. Then on that Friday she...

View more questions Search