Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 26, 2009, 07:15 AM

Basically you NEVER know (or can guarantee) what the "other side" is going to say/do/argue. You won't know until you file eviction papers and go to Court. Otherwise, I agree with all the advice given - if anyone cares.

If you want this person out you have to begin eviction proceedings.
    trilbytrouble Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 11:24 AM

I finally have a court date tomorrow, June 17th
    To go before a judge, hopefully to formally evict the loafer!! My lawyer stated that this guy said that he was giving us his EBT card to use to buy food. It was only $90.00 a MONTH!
    We haven't asked for it anymore.Can he use that excuse for staying? He isn't working anymore and not giving a penny towards any of our necessary bills, like electric, water, etc.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 16, 2009, 11:32 AM

No, even if you were using his card, that doesn't cover everything. Also, since he's a month to moth you have the right to terminate his tenancy. With proper notice.
    trilbytrouble Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 08:39 PM
    He's Gone !
    My unwanted tenant is gone! My husband & I went to court the 17th, as did our " tenant", and he represented himself. Our lawyer explained the facts as told by myself, and
    Our " tenant" came prepared with some accusations regarding me lying about our agreement and also about a certain code violation. Also, he requested an additional 90
    Days to find a place to live.( he had over 6 months to find one! ).The judge said no, and promptly said he had 24 hours to vacate the premises.He issued a finial judgement for eviction. Within 2 hours, after contacting his parol officer, he had packed all his belongings
    And left! The eviction process does take quite a while, and it's also stressful to family
    And friends, but the results were worth the wait! :) :) :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 19, 2009, 05:02 AM

Thanks for letting us know and congratulations for prevailing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unwanted Attention from a Family Friend [ 1 Answers ]

I am a minor living with my parents and we have a close family friend who we will call Jim, he is around 47, similar in age to my parents and originally my Mother's friend. We (Jim and I) are fairly close and go out to lunch occasionally in the summer. Recently Jim gave me two necklaces, they are...

Evicting unwanted people from my home [ 4 Answers ]

How do I go about evicting someone from my home in Long Beach, CA? I am an elderly disabled man who rented out a room in my home. The lady and her son refuse to pay rent, and are trying to take over my home. I have asked them to leave and they ignore me. I am on a fixed income and I can't get...

Unwanted ads [ 4 Answers ]

I've been getting these annoying ads that appear on my desktop from a "Messenger Service" from a certain IP address to my IP address. How do I block these ads or get the sender to cease from sending them to my computer? Needless to say, I contacted the sender to no avail. TIA, Ombowstring

View more questions Search