Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 05:21 PM

To the OP your not over your ex. Didn't you state you and your ex break-up was mutal? If so, what is this about closure, after a year?
    UntilTheEnd Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

May 14, 2009, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    To the OP your not over your ex. Didn't you state you and your ex break-up was mutal? If so, what is this about closure, after a year?
    Nope it wasn't mutual, she broke up with me for another guy but I'm all over it now and I disappeared from her life without a single word, I just thought it would be good to leave things on good terms and start our life without each other.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheEnd View Post
    nope it wasnt mutual, she broke up with me for another guy but im all over it now and i disappeared from her life without a single word, i just thought it would be good to leave things on good terms and start our life without each other.
    She left on good terms a year ago. Her life continued or started or whatever you want to call it. She's fine. It's your turn to be fine now. She care about you anymore and she doesn't need you to start her life so start your own life without her.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 06:16 PM

Chuff, instead of stealing this thread I made a post here. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/lounge...ml#post1735864

I tried to put it on a comment but I had already given you rep and it wouldn't let me give you more LOL

May 14, 2009, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff View Post
    She left on good terms a year ago. Her life continued or started or whatever you want to call it. She's fine. It's your turn to be fine now. She care about you anymore and she doesn't need you to start her life so start your own life without her.
    Okay Chuff, that was all I needed to hear. I ll do exactly that.

May 19, 2009, 02:13 PM
    I think my boss's daughter is cute.
    Lol okay guys. Here's the situation, I got a summer job at this company. Been working there for a few weeks and just a few days ago, my boss's daughter started to working there. I think she looks cute but I'm shy to talk to her and also I don't think my boss would appreciate it if I hit on her. We're about the same age, plus there's not many young people that work there. Whenever, she walks by, I get all nervous lol. Anyway, what do you guys think? How do I overcome my shyness to talk to her? Do you think it's a good idea hitting on the boss's daughter?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 02:16 PM

I think it's a horrible idea to hit on the boss's daughter.

Work on your shyness by becoming friends with females. Often when you are friends with female, you will find out there isn't that much to be afraid of... they are the same as you, just different. :D
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 19, 2009, 02:27 PM

Well if you're only working during the summer, then you can start hitting on her when you go back to school. That way, there won't be a conflict of interest.
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

May 19, 2009, 03:50 PM

Yup, I agree with the above 2 posts.

Work on your shyness and be friends with her. Her father (your boss) can't say no to you guys being friends. Hang out... talk... get to know her.

Then once you are done working there, be friends with her for a little while more, then eventually ask her out. Don't ask her out as soon as you stop working there though..

May 29, 2009, 09:36 PM
    Regrets of losing virginity.
    Hi everyone.

Just in case you guys don't know, I have recently broke up with my ex. She was my first love and first girlfriend and everything. Im still healing although I think I'm getting better now its been almost 2 months since I last talked to her, I disappeared from her life.

Anyway, recently I've been regretting I lost my viriginity to her because I wanted my first to be with someone special and someone who I was going to be with for the rest of my life, I thought it was her. I guess its my fault, I thought me and her were going to be together forever but she left me for some other guy. I just don't feel so good. I regret losing my virginity to her and its something I can't take back. Anyway I'm not sure what my question is, I guess I wanted to know what you guys think about this.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2009, 09:46 PM

A good 90% of men and women polled would admit that the regret losing their virginity, when they lost their virginity, to whom they lost their virginity.

Everyone has an ideal and sometimes life doesn't work out the way we had planned. I was going to be married at 23, have four children, Frankie, Freddie, Fergie, and Francis, before I was 28.

Life will change you, learn from it and grow as an individual, it's the best you can do. You can't change your past, it's behind you.
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

May 29, 2009, 10:36 PM

You will find that what you bring to your romantic life determines the meaning of it more than anything historic. Pretty much everybody does it the way it happens, rather than the way they would have planned. You have already found that out. If it's important to you, just know that plenty of guys feel the same, and keep in mind that you loved the woman who was your first.

Tao
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2009, 05:26 AM

What has happened has happened, keep it as a fond memory ( and hopefully over the years it becomes one) I still remember and have keep a specail place in my heart for well over 30 years.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 30, 2009, 06:47 AM

That's why so many religions beileve in sex after marriage.

Think about it this way, let's say you regret not going to be a different high school or university, but you had a great prom and graduation. Those events kind of made the whole educational experience worth it. A little bit different but...

She may have hurt you now, but she was really special to you at one point in your life. So instead of having a horrible memory of her, add this to the good times that you once had and move forward with that.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2009, 07:29 AM

I understand that was something of value that you felt like you could have offered someone. But on the flip side if that was something of value that she could not appreciate, you are better off letting her have the virginity and giving the love to someone who will appreciate it.
    Lonelyandbroken Posts: 118, Reputation: 15

May 30, 2009, 08:44 AM
    I too wanted that fairy tale of being with just one person forever. And I thought I had found it. But it didn't work out. And like you I had those feelings about giving myself to her. But I decided to look at it a different way.

I said to myself. You truly loved her at the time. And you wanted to be with her. There's nothing wrong with that. And at least you gave it to someone you really loved. Not some random drunk fling. And after that I never regretted what had happened. It was just a different fairy tale.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to make an Online Relationship work? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi. I've been dating this great guy online for a few months. It's been so wonderful. He lives in Washington, and I live in New York. We are going to go on vacation together soon, but there has just been something on my mind that has been killing me. How can I make this relationship work? How can I...

Online relationship with an egyptian guy [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I recently met an Egyptian guy through a christian dating site. Although he is egyptian by descent, he told me he has migrated to australia with his parents since he was a child. Things happened too fast between us and now we're exchanging I love you's and planning about future marriage. I...

Urgent suggestions regarding relationship needed [ 3 Answers ]

I met this very cute girl about an year ago and we started going on.today we both love each other a lot.and we decided to get married after some time and all that stuff any happy couple would plan.but 2months ago I got to know this from her close friends and some other common and very good friends...

Any Suggestions on Improving Parent/Teen Relationship? [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, I am new here also. I have 3 teenagers, aged 18, 16, and 15. The boys (18 & 15) are my biological children, and we adopted our daughter- now 16- at age 9. Our home was her 13th foster placement from the time she was removed from her birth mother’s home at age 5 along with her 7...

View more questions Search