Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Apr 16, 2009, 09:00 AM

None12345, I have nothing differently to say than what has already been told on this thread.

I am not judging or discerning on you, just feeling that your story coincides with the story of prodigal son. Read Luke 15:18. How happy would Lord Jesus be to hold you back once more in HIS arms.

I do not know your situation well, but is it too to start an effort to re-establish your relationship? Pray over it. I will remember you in my prayers.

About a "True Religion", I am pasting here the lines which I have posted on another thread. "............... Following Jesus is the only way to God. No other religion/faith tells us this. It is only Christ Jesus who gave HIS life for our sins, whereas HE could have avoided HIS death on the cross and we all know when HE prayed, "O my Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me. Yet not what I want but what you want". In John 14:6, Jesus has said very clearly, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". What more we want? It is not our good deeds but HIS grace would save us. And the Bible tells us of those people whom we call criminals and sinners and God picked them for HIS work. I do not know any other faith/religion where somebody has given up his/her life for a sinner. They have done it to save their family or friends but not a sinner. Follwoing Jesus is to carry his/her own cross and the life for that person is not a path covered with roses.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2009, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    I just can't seem to believe in God. I really dont know why.
    Because it's a ludicrous premise invented by man to help describe a world they don't understand?

That's why I don't. Does that help?
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Ordinaryguy,

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man but the end thereof is death.

That is what the Bible says, I understand that doesn't mean much to you because you have your own way of what seems right and logical. But what if you are wrong? You have been wrong in life...haven't you?
    I'm afraid of neither dying, nor being wrong. Both are inevitable.

The life of the Spirit that I participate in occurs every day, in the here-and-now, before the death of my body. I'm content to focus on that and let whatever happens afterwards unfold in its own way.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Triund View Post
    None12345, I have nothing differently to say than what has already been told on this thread.

I am not judging or discerning on you, just feeling that your story coincides with the story of prodigal son. Read Luke 15:18. How happy would Lord Jesus be to hold you back once more in HIS arms.

I do not know your situation well, but is it too to start an effort to re-establish your relationship? Pray over it. I will remember you in my prayers.

About a "True Religion", I am pasting here the lines which I have posted on another thread. "............... Following Jesus is the only way to God. No other religion/faith tells us this. It is only Christ Jesus who gave HIS life for our sins, whereas HE could have avoided HIS death on the cross and we all know when HE prayed, "O my Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me. Yet not what I want but what you want". In John 14:6, Jesus has said very clearly, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". What more we want? It is not our good deeds but HIS grace would save us. And the Bible tells us of those people whom we call criminals and sinners and God picked them for HIS work. I do not know any other faith/religion where somebody has given up his/her life for a sinner. They have done it to save their family or friends but not a sinner. Follwoing Jesus is to carry his/her own cross and the life for that person is not a path covered with roses.
    I'm actually very familiar with the bible, grew up with parents teaching me, even read the whole bible 2 times. For me it's a matter of if I believe what is told in the bible is a fact or man made book.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 09:26 PM
    I think that everyone has been wrong at least a few times during their life, that is everyone except God.
    To be a God one must be perfect in all ways and aspects.
    Therefore the only real truth is of and with and from God.
    Also that there can on;y be one true almighty God.
    I believe that I know Him as Yahweh, The Father, Son, And Holy Spirit triune God.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    I think that everyone has been wrong at least a few times during their life, that is everyone except God.
    To be a God one must be perfect in all ways and aspects.
    Therefore the only real truth is of and with and from God.
    Also that there can on;y be one true almighty God.
    I believe that I know Him as Yahweh, The Father, Son, And Holy Spirit triune God.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Certainly we have all been wrong. My point to Ordinaryguy is what if he is wrong in rejecting Jesus Christ . In Hebrews the Apostle Paul is speaking to those that have said NO to God and he says... IT IS A FEARFUL THING TO FALL INTO THE HANDS OF A LIVING GOD. I think from his comments back to me, it is a risk he is willing to take, or perhaps he doesn't even see it as a risk. I LIKE ordinaryguy, I wish I could somehow persuade him to take a second look at his belief system.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Certainly we have all been wrong. My point to Ordinaryguy is what if he is wrong in rejecting Jesus Christ . In Hebrews the Apostle Paul is speaking to those that have said NO to God and he says... IT IS A FEARFUL THING TO FALL INTO THE HANDS OF A LIVING GOD.
    The fact that you think I am "rejecting Jesus Christ" and that I "have said NO to God", is revealing. I think if you go back and read carefully, you'll find that I've done neither. While it is true that I find much to disagree with in Christian doctrine and Biblical interpretation, that is not at all the same as "rejecting Jesus Christ" and saying "NO to God".
    I think from his comments back to me, it is a risk he is willing to take, or perhaps he doesn't even see it as a risk.
    The latter. I don't see my approach to spiritual life as risky, but I understand why you do.
    I LIKE ordinaryguy, I wish I could somehow persuade him to take a second look at his belief system.
    Not to be rude or unfriendly, but based on the way you participate in these discussions, I don't feel much affinity for you, so your appeals for me to re-fashion my belief system into something closer to yours are less persuasive than they would otherwise be.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 01:24 PM

Ordinaryguy,

Ok.
    BlackSkinGirl Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2009, 02:21 PM
    It sounds like YOU need to make a decision for yourself.
    Spend some time by yourself w/ the Lord.
    He loves you so much... Sounds like you are under conviction.
    God takes pleasure in blessing you

Read His Word... His Word speaks to you.
    He is not a God of confusion & when you read His word, He tells you how he takes pleasure in blessing you.

Psalm 12:6
    And the words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.

Isaiah 44:2
    This is what the LORD says— he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.

Numbers 23:19
    God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act?

Exodus 34:14
    Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

John 3:18
    He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Book of Proverbs:

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make your paths straight. [a]

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    fear the LORD and shun evil.

8 This will bring health to your body
    and nourishment to your bones.

9 Honor the LORD with your wealth,
    with the firstfruits of all your crops;

10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
    and your vats will brim over with new wine.

11 My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline
    and do not resent his rebuke,

12 because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
    as a father [b] the son he delights in.

13 Blessed is the man who finds wisdom,
    the man who gains understanding,

14 for she is more profitable than silver
    and yields better returns than gold.

15 She is more precious than rubies;
    nothing you desire can compare with her.

16 Long life is in her right hand;
    in her left hand are riches and honor.

17 Her ways are pleasant ways,
    and all her paths are peace.

18 She is a tree of life to those who embrace her;
    those who lay hold of her will be blessed.

19 By wisdom the LORD laid the earth's foundations,
    by understanding he set the heavens in place;

20 by his knowledge the deeps were divided,
    and the clouds let drop the dew.

21 My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment,
    do not let them out of your sight;

22 they will be life for you,
    an ornament to grace your neck.

23 Then you will go on your way in safety,
    and your foot will not stumble;

24 when you lie down, you will not be afraid;
    when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

25 Have no fear of sudden disaster
    or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,

26 for the LORD will be your confidence
    and will keep your foot from being snared.

27 Do not withhold good from those who deserve it,
    when it is in your power to act.

28 Do not say to your neighbor,
    "Come back later; I'll give it tomorrow"—
    when you now have it with you.

29 Do not plot harm against your neighbor,
    who lives trustfully near you.

30 Do not accuse a man for no reason—
    when he has done you no harm.

31 Do not envy a violent man
    or choose any of his ways,

32 for the LORD detests a perverse man
    but takes the upright into his confidence.

33 The LORD's curse is on the house of the wicked,
    but he blesses the home of the righteous.

34 He mocks proud mockers
    but gives grace to the humble.

35 The wise inherit honor,
    but fools he holds up to shame.
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Apr 17, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    ........ for me its a matter of if i believe what is told in the bible is a fact or man made book.
    Hmmm... I guess I have to agree with you that it's a matter of belief. Whereas I believe that the letter by Apostle Paul are written by inspiration from the Holy Spirit. The Gospels were written by disciples, so no dispute there nor with Old Testament.

Another thing is that if we take any other religious book, those all are man made. And inpiration of Holy spirit is only found in the Bible. And "theoretically", if we take the Bible as "man made book", I would still believe in the Bible than any other. Believing in one Lord Jesus is much better than having faith in 33 million gods or dying foolishly with a hope to have 77 virgins in heaven or never getting out of circle of pain and sufferings. Or just living with no hope after finishing the journey on this earth.
    hizchild Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 17, 2009, 08:37 PM

I understand how you feel. My only brother was murdered and two years after that my Dad died from stomach cancer. I questioned if God loved me, did he care, was he listening when I prayed. I felt lost and abandoned. But when I began to read his word I found comfort and peace, was it over night? No but anything worth having takes time to cultivate so I began to set time aside to pray and to read his word daily I didn't read whole chapters but just one or two verses and I meditated on them and it helped me a lot. The enemy wants to separate us from our power source and strength; which is God but don't you let him trick you hold on and hang on in there
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 10:07 PM
    hizchild,
    Welcome to here.
    I'm saddened about your loss.
    Thanks much about you post.
    It is good advice.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 12:21 AM

I thought I found the road to somewhere, somewhere in His grace but instead I seem to have found the road to no where and I'm trying to escape but I still believe that there is something left for me. I don't know if it makes sense
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 08:43 PM
    none12345,
    There is "something left" for everyone, thank God.
    The road to follow for each person is in the New Testament.
    Your road is in there. Keep looking for it which much reading and contemplation.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search