Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Lets' see, 70 percent of black voters voted for Prop 8. What does that make them?
    Hello again, Steve:

Uhhhh, black homophobes... What's your point?

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

I'm just trying to help you compete. Dude, you were too easy the last time.
    And I'm saying if everyone is alike there is no competition.
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2008, 10:17 AM
    And I'm saying if everyone is alike there is no competition.
    Hello again, Steve:

K. Then let's talk about taxes and big government. Let's talk about civil rights. Let's talk about the "Bush Doctrine". Let's talk about medicare and/or socialized medicine. Let's talk about Iran and Israel. Let's talk about stuff like that.

But, the religious stuff is a non starter. Seems to me the Constitution kills you. But, you guys go ahead...

excon
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Let's talk about stuff like that.
    We have and we do.

But, the religious stuff is a non starter. Seems to me the Constitution kills you. But, you guys go ahead...
    I wasn't discussing religious stuff and we've had the "Constitution kills ya" discussion. You think it does and I think it doesn't. But, there's a common misconception about the role evangelicals want for religion, actually it's left-wing fear mongering about it (but they don't engage in fear mongering), which says we want that theocracy, we want to impose our values on everyone else and that's BS plain and simple. If anything, it is the other side that wants to impose their values on us and that's exactly what started this fight in the first place, an all out assault on our values.
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2008, 10:40 AM
    If anything, it is the other side that wants to impose their values on us and that's exactly what started this fight in the first place, an all out assault on our values.
    Hello again, Steve:

If doing what the Constitution says is an imposition of your values, then you better get better values. Cause I think the values espoused in the Constitution are better than yours.

Besides, I really don't think you embody Christian values either. Now, I'm not a Christian, but from what I understand about Christianity, it's far more charitable than YOUR interpretation would have it be.

But, we'll talk about that some more, I'm sure.

excon
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 11:04 AM
    You've gotten a little snippy here lately, ex. I never claimed to embody Christian values but thanks for telling me I don't... and that I need better values and a more charitable Christianity. Again, I love it when outsiders interpret our needs and beliefs for us. I don't think there's anything wrong with my values or my 'interpretation' of the constitution. I'm not the one adding things to it - or Christianity - that aren't there.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Nov 21, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Hello again, Steve:

Uhhhh, black homophobes.... What's your point?

excon
    So those who voted against gay marrige are automatically homophobes?
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    So those who voted against gay marrige are automatically homophobes?
    Hello in:

Pretty much. What would you call 'em?

excon

Nov 22, 2008, 12:35 AM

Those who believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. What is so homophobic about that.

By your reasoning those who want same sex mariiage are heterophobes ;)
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2008, 07:00 AM
    Hello again, in:

What's racist about having separate but equal schools? Everything!

excon

Nov 22, 2008, 12:15 PM

How did you go from marriage to racism?

If that where the case, then why did 70 % of black voters, probably 90% of whom voted for Obama, vote against gay marriage?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I defeat Brawl on Transformers Autobots [ 3 Answers ]

Why does Brawl not lose any life when he transforms into a tank? I cannot seem to beat him. Can you give me any advice on how to beat him on this level?

Can I defeat my shyness? [ 9 Answers ]

I am a 17 year old guy about to enter my senior year of high school. For about 6 years now I have been painfully shy (although I was somewhat outgoing in the years before). I believe my schooling contributed a lot to this; I was home schooled up to my freshman year. I switched to a private school...

How do you use tools to defeat sin? [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I know someone will post this verse, so I'll post it first: Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Eph 6:12 For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the...

Still snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? [ 78 Answers ]

By many accounts now the surge is working. Carl Levin just returned from Iraq and added his name to those who acknowledge this fact - to a point anyway. And yet, as I predicted a few days ago (I get it right once in a while) come September there's going to be one helluva fight over Iraq. John...

Reid itching for his next defeat. [ 3 Answers ]

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi have announced that again they will attempt to legislatively force President Bush's hand on the Iraq war while not actually exercising their power of the purse and thus being responsible for the tragic chaos that would result from a withdrawal at this time. Leave it to...

View more questions Search