Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leearnu Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2006, 06:01 AM
    She is staying with me, her parents are paying, I'm not old enough to dirve, my parents don't really have a problem with it and our parents have spoken over the phone to talk about her coming to england.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2006, 06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I feel so cofused and old reading this post. Not that I don't get this internet dating thing but a 16 year old traveling alone to meet a 15 year old boggles my mind! Where is this girl staying and how can she afford to fly that distance. Do you drive? What do your parents say about this? What does her parents say about this? I can come up with no answers just questions. Am I Alone?
    I felt awkuared asking all the questions, but was so curious, thanks talaniman for doing so :)
    Wanted to comment but couldn't as I need to spread some round lol

Quote Originally Posted by leearnu
    she is staying with me, her parents are paying, im not old enough to dirve, my parents dont really have a problem with it and our parents have spoken over the phone to talk about her coming to england.

OK so it seems all in tact.
    Good.
    Im happy for you.

BUT I've experienced long distance relationship.
    My husband is english. Im maltese.

We lived apart from 1 and a half years, and I'm sure you can't comprehend what it means. Now it will be even harder for you to see her go after she has been. We used to visit each other once every 2 months for a couple of weeks. It does make the heart grow fonder. But you're 16 and she is 15, I'm sure you're both still at school so it will be so hard for you guys to meet up!
    I was 19 and he was 22. Abit different!

Jun 2, 2006, 07:21 AM
    I've thought about it. I've been through the whole thing like is there any point in this am I just wasting her time when she could be of finding herself a guy in her own country who she can be with everyday. But care for her so much I want to be with her so badly there must be awayof making this work?
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2006, 07:25 AM
    Yes - just chill dude!! Be yourself. You're putting too much importance into this.

FEAR =

F = FALSE

E = EMOTIONS

not

A = ACTUAL

R = REALITY

Jun 2, 2006, 07:31 AM
    Okay tell me exactly what I'm meant to do then?
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Jun 2, 2006, 08:53 AM
    Hi. I think you should meet her first and then take it slow. If you like each other after the first actual time together, maybe she could visit you again. You are both very young so try to be patient if it looks like "love".

Also, be careful of course. B/C physically she a stranger. And you should abstain from sex with her because she's the one to face legal problems if you decide to yell "rape".

Otherwise, have a great time!

Fondly, 31pumpkin
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 2, 2006, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leearnu
    she is staying with me, her parents are paying, im not old enough to dirve, my parents dont really have a problem with it and our parents have spoken over the phone to talk about her coming to england.
    Ah! More facts brings things to a better light as it seems your parents are involved, but sorry to say the sex thing may be out because I have a feeling your parents may not go for that (NEITHER am I) but I hope you have a great time if you just relax and be yourself!:cool: :)

Jun 2, 2006, 01:41 PM
    Yeh like I'm going to go up to my parents and ask them if I can have sex with her ;) id want to but be way way way way to scared. Not like its my first time but with her it would be difficult.:(
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 2, 2006, 03:13 PM
    Anything is possible.. but not if you put yourself down. Be cool, and stop knocking something before you even tried it. She's just as nervous as you are.

Gather up a lot of self-confidence and get to know her in person. You'll probably wind up wining a great friend (or even more) and will be the richer for letting life take it's course.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bad or good ! [ 20 Answers ]

Dear exerts , How can you tell whether your spirituality is in the right direction or wrong?? Regards Navid

Good or bad? [ 19 Answers ]

So there is this guy at work who I get on with really well. We are always telling each other jokes and having a laugh. However, he has recently startd being overly nice. Everyday I come into work, he will shout hello and then follow with "you look very nice today" - it's really nice and made...

My kitten was covered in ants evan in her eyes now she's blind and dying [ 2 Answers ]

i found my kitten in my sisters room and it was compleatly coverd in ants evan in her eyes and mouth...i got them all of but now she is blind and she is dying..but i dont know what to do....i tried feeding her...and it did give her some energy....but not much...what should i do?

Too good, I know but... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've seen the attached scheme since before email was big. It seems even more posible if you incorporate the internet as the attached message suggest. What I'd like to know if it is illegal and if it is then why. I didn't include the personal info of the people participating but you get...

View more questions Search