Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 06:13 PM

Starby, had to spread the love, but I agree with you 100%.

Mariahlynn, because my mother pushed to get checked she found her first about with breast cancer soon enough to save her.

Please do not ever take no as an answer, keep changing doctors until you find one that will get to the bottom of this. This is your life, you have to take charge and make sure that you are getting the care you need and deserve.

Don't give up, keep going until you know what's wrong.

We're all here for support, whenever you need us. I can personally vouche for the majority of the people on this site, I have to say, I've never belonged to a place like AMHD, the people here are amazing, I would invite them into my home without a question. So really, talk to us and let us help you through this, if not with medical advice, at least with moral support.

Take care of yourself, keep us posted.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 06:17 PM
    While your lumps may be fibrocystic disease (not really a disease, they should come and go with periods) it is wise to have them checked out. After going through 6 doctors, I finally found one, the 7th, that would do a biopsy. I was only 32 (I was told I was too young), I had no family history of breast cancer, AND my lump was painful, I was told breast cancer is not painful. I opted for a bilateral radical mastectomy with reconstructive surgery because I had a 4 year old daughter I was busy raising and she needed a mother.

Quote Originally Posted by mariahlynn1 View Post
    To Altenweg - thank you for being so understanding! Being a girl is not fun. Well maybe sometimes it's fun. Thank you for your support and for your forgiving heart I don't want to get all religious on you or anything but the lord or what ever higher being you belive sees your great heart. My thyroid has been checked. This is a battle I have had since I was in high school. I just saw a different doctor today and she toatally helped me with the pain is thinking it's a tubebal pregnancy which runs pretty steady in my family for some reason. I am pretty lucky to still have all my girl parts at this age for all the women in my family have had early historectomies. Sorry if I misspell things. As you can tell i did not win the spelling contest at school. He he..... Anyway she has great concern about the tenderness under my righ rib cage as well as the tenderness in my back and abdominal area. So she gave me pain medication for now until futher testing can be done. Normaly I have extreamly high blood pressure and today becaucse of the provera to help start my period it was extreamly low. The doctor came un glued when I told her what the other guy put me through. Again thank you for being there for me and listening to me complain. Sorry if I offended anyone esspecially you Altenweg!
    Love-
    MariahLynn

Quote: Do small things with Great love- Mother Teresa
    I'm sorry I missed this post when I first responded. I now am thinking of a different possibility regarding your pain. You have abdominal pain, rib cage pain, and back pain. Have you ever been diagnosed with gall stones? Usually gall stones affects the right side, but can be known to radiate to the left and is usually under the xyphoid process (where your ribs come together in the front) then radiates around to the back. It may be worth a mention to your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm hurting so bad [ 2 Answers ]

I found a pill it has the letters zc and the number 01 its small and round what is it

Hurting... Really bad! [ 3 Answers ]

Good evening, Me and my wife have a joint banking account.Recently my wife had a garnishment on our banking account from a creditor for $5000.00. This garnishment has frozen all money in our account for the next 30days. Is their anything I can do? My payroll check going directly in this account...

I am hurting so bad. [ 1 Answers ]

I am so depressed. I had left my last post with you all. I hurt the one I love. He will not see me. I want to tell him I am so sorry to his face. We have been like best friends for over 1 year. We talked about everything in our life. I could call him with my troubles.. and now I don't have...

Not hurting so much [ 1 Answers ]

Just because I'm not in a relationship yet after being separated for 2 years,my ex thinks I've not moved on! I thought it was about finding happiness within first before committing 2 anwother person.my ex jumped into a relationship and his telling my son he's depressed! Would someone be able 2 tell...

A hurting man [ 2 Answers ]

Im a 29 year old male and I have been experiencing pain off and on in one of my testicles what could this be?

View more questions Search