Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 4, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    califdadof3 i am sure you speak from experience. i do not offer legal advice (i am no attorney) i just offer common sense. mommy is very nervous and wants support monetarily and i'm sure emotionaly. he has the opportunity to do the right thing. telling him to do nothing is not honerable. leaving a preg. woman to pay for everything, is selfish. especialy since his own behaviour caused him to be in the position he is in now.
    As far as experience goes I have seen questions like this many times. And also I didn't say to do nothing. I said to set the money aside in an account until OP is the confirmed father. That's still being responsible.. and honorable. To give her money under the expectation that he is the dad then later to find he isn't and expect it to be paid back is unreal. The OP will have obligations to be met once the baby is born and it is proven his. I hate to keep having to put it into question but because they weren't married then his rights are also limited and he will have to fight for paternity unless its given to him by the mother. Such is the world we live in and must deal with it. In no way am I advising him to renig on his support for HIS child.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    because she is frightend. i'm sure you can make a contract with her stating that you are paying all medical bills and upon birth a paternity test will be done, if you are not daddy you will be repaid.

You are giving very bad legal advice - there is absolutely no system which automatically refunds prenatal medical bills if the person is not adjudicated the father.

Stinawords is right - put the money in the bank - if OP is the father, then turn it over.

If you are aware of some provision somewhere, please post it. As far as I know the Courts have taken the position that there is NO father, NO legal responsibility until DNA testing is done so anything given, paid, whatever, is a gift in the eyes of the law.

I realize you say you are posting common sense, not legal advice, but this a legal board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical bills [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my husband was hospitalized and I had out patient surgery. We have good insurance, but between the 2 of us, we have 9 different balances/co-pays coming in to pay in 30 days. We are not able to do this and are currently in bankruptcy. I want to send what I can each month to each...

Medical Bills [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 54 year old disabled person. I am currently receiving Social Security Disability and have Medicare A (B?) and D. It is the part not covered by Medicare that is killing me, I am now over $1400.00 in debt . There is no way I can ever pay even a little of this as , just to pay rent, food, gas,...

Ex husband pay 1/2 prenatal medical bills [ 2 Answers ]

Does the father, my ex common law husband, have to pay 1/2 or anything towards the prenatal care of our unborn child? Medical bills, copays, prescriptions? He claims he doesn't. I don't know.

Medical bills [ 15 Answers ]

About a week ago my son was injured when a horseshoe hit him in the nose. He was standing slightly behind me, more on the side of me. We were standing about five feet form the peg in the ground, on the receiving end. His grandfather was the throwee and it richoted off the peg and around me and...

Medical bills [ 4 Answers ]

Can A Collection Agency Sue Me For Medical Bills If It Is Already On My Credit Report?

View more questions Search