Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 30, 2008, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    All the educated Republicans should be jumping ship about right now. John McCain is the Republican version of Walter Mondale, as is Sarah Palin is now their Geraldine Ferraro. I saw on CNN that the reaction is not favorable for his pick. It's already having a backlash among the far majority of the once ardent Hillary Democrats and even some moderate Republican women. Apparently John McCain has insulted all women across America with his last minute desperate measure to expose his skirt VP selection. John McCain is not fit to serve burgers at the local Sonic, with or without skates.

Prior to becoming Governor of Alaska, Palin was the mayor of a town of less than nine thousand people. People need to realize the total population of the State of Alaska is about the size of one mid size city, for example Austin (Texas). Meaning Palin actually has no experience or understanding of the complexity of large inner city issues, such as hard drugs trafficking and gang crime. John McCain has only met Palin once before. Once! This is the single most important decision a presidential candidate can make and the seventy-two year old John McCain blew it on a salmon fishing caribou herder that was chairman down at the local Moose lodge.
    CNN?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    CNN?
    Commentary: Is McCain out of his mind? - CNN.com

Alaska investigating governor's office - CNN.com
    Business Expert

Aug 30, 2008, 11:49 PM
    Exactly...
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 02:12 AM
    The investigation will go no were because the trooper in question ,Mike Wooten tasered his 11 year old son and clearly has a record as a bad cop.An investigation of him found that :
    Wooten used a Taser on his stepson.
    He illegally shot a moose.
    He drank beer in his patrol car on one occasion.
    He told others his father-in-law would "eat a f'ing lead bullet" if he helped his daughter get an attorney for the divorce.

"The record clearly indicates a serious and concentrated pattern of unacceptable and at times, illegal activity occurring over a lengthy period, which establishes a course of conduct totally at odds with the ethics of our profession," Col. Julia Grimes, then head of Alaska State Troopers, wrote in March 1, 2006, letter suspending Wooten for 10 days. After the union protested it, the suspension was reduced to five days.
    newsminer.com • Scrutiny of Wooten raises conduct questions
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 31, 2008, 03:50 PM
    CNN?
    Exactly.........
    If you adjust that there tin foil antenna slightly and prop up yer old black and white TV on the moonshine jug... ya might just get moe than that there Fox network commentary. There really is life in the big city, but you going to have to graduate beyond Sean "hillbilly" Hannity, and Laura "little house of the prairie" Ingraham, to see it.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 05:44 PM
    So far I've read 3 or so responses stating that they like this women because she can handle a gun. The absurdity of it all...

Seems like a desperate attempt to woo the angry Clinton women... If these women as a smart as they think they are they should be insulted.
    Business Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 07:36 PM
    If you adjust that there tin foil antenna slightly and prop up yer old black and white TV on the moonshine jug....ya might just get moe than that there Fox network commentary. There really is life in the big city, but you gonna have to graduate beyond Sean "hillbilly" Hannity, and Laura "little house of the prairie" Ingraham, to see it.
    Bobby... you know nothing about me, not one iota. This sort of banter borders on slander and was absolutely not necessary from someone that I have followed in past posts and thought highly of and believe it or not had some respect for...

I am not going to honor your defamation and hatchet job with a defense. This was completely uncalled for Bobby...

You are entitled to form any opinions that you like about me or others, I don't form my opinions in the same manner, from the hip.

Thanks,

Stringer
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    She is the anti Obama

NRA member - "clings to guns"

Pro -life [ 5 kids, last with Down's ] vs for killing fetuses.

Has executive and management experience. Although that may be mayor of a small town and govenor of a small [population] state, have McCain, Obama, Biden [ all senators ] any such "experience?"

She is for drilling in ANWR - doing something to help all of us paying > $3.50 / gallon of gas.

She has taken on the state's corrupt Republican establishment.
    And not followed her party's line [ ahem, Obama ]

She was the point guard and captain of her small school state championship, Obama was the seventh man on his team. :)

YouTube - Barack and Basketball - REAL Sports with Bryant Gumbel

I think she will energize the [socially] conservative base, and obviously will have appeal to women. This may be crucial in a tight race.

I question her foreign policy experience and was actually hoping McCain would have picked Romney, but the more I read about her, the more pleased I am with his choice.

I wonder if anyone can talk about all of these issues without getting all fired up... (not trying to be negative, I am trying to stop it)
    I like all of these points INTHEBOX!

Not to say I know who I am voting for even yet... which is really irritating, I am at a loss, they are both ding bats.

AND being from that HICK town and raised there all my life, I know it isn't a HICK town, you ever been there... lived there? DO some research on what the whole state is about and for... good and bad!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 1, 2008, 02:36 AM
    If you adjust that there tin foil antenna slightly and prop up yer old black and white TV on the moonshine jug....ya might just get moe than that there Fox network commentary. There really is life in the big city, but you gonna have to graduate beyond Sean "hillbilly" Hannity, and Laura "little house of the prairie" Ingraham, to see it.
    Your comment was so clearly demfamatory, insulting, and just plain ignorant! I also had respect for some of your commentary prior to this, but I truly have to say I have lost all respect. I believe you should get off that high horse you are sitting on, and appologise. If anyone wants to know what is wrong with "America", it is this kind of behaviour, and assumptions about people they clearly know nothing about. That was nothing but a ludicrious, hateful statement, and should not be tolerated.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:04 AM
    Startover

Clearly there is a contempt of small town America by the Obama campaign;the candidate and the Obots. But they should just for practical matters back off. Does he not recall that he was fading rapidly in the primaries because a video revealed his true feelings about small town Americans ?

Now it manifests itself in the dismissal of the accomplishments of Palin. I say that being a small town mayor alone gives her more practical executive experience than either Obama ir Biden have ever had. People who say that don't realize the task of a small town mayor. They do essentially the same thing as large town mayors except on a smaller scale;with more hands on functions since they don't have the same staffing .

Successful mayors ;governors and business CEOs learn to say No. They deal with limited resources.Palin has successful administrative experience.

She has been a true reformer in her Governor term. Nationally she is recognized as the governor with the best reputation for fighting pork, the governor with the best reputation in the nation for taking on the corrupt heavyweights in her own party, and one of the nation's most popular governors.Overall ;her total public career as an executive has been 16 years. The total combined executive experience of the Democrat team has been running their own campaigns.

As for foreign policy experience ;Alaska share borders with Canada and Putin's Russia . Clearly she already has as much ;if not more ,foreign policy experience as previous Governors who have become President like Carter ,Clintoon ,and GW Bush.

Alaska is the first line of defense in our missile interceptor defense system. The 49th Missile Defense Battalion of the Alaska National Guard is the unit that protects the entire nation from ballistic missile attacks. It's on permanent active duty, unlike other Guard units.
    http://www.airdefenseartillery.com/o...perational.pdf
    As governor of Alaska, Palin is briefed on highly classified military issues, homeland security, and counterterrorism. She's also the commander in chief of the Alaska State Defense Force (ASDF), a federally recognized militia incorporated into Homeland Security's counterterrorism plans.

Palin is privy to military and intelligence secrets that are vital to the entire country's defense. Given Alaska's proximity to Russia, she may have security clearances we don't even know about.

I will match her judgement on the issues with Biden (who's bloviating reminds me of Foghorn Leghorn).Even though his legislative career is full of so called foreign policy ;I question the judgement of someone who seriously contemplated and studied Iraq and in the end promoted a Lawrence of Arabia-like subdivision of Iraq..

Bottom line ;true she will be a "heartbeat away from the Presidency" .But unless McCain drops in the 1st few months of his term ;she will have sufficient time for "on the job training " . The bigger risk is electing Obama who will walk into the highest office in the land with no practical experience.
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 04:19 AM
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 1, 2008, 04:37 AM
    I have to say NK, thanks for the early morning chuckle! :D
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 04:41 AM
    :)

All the Dems had to do was pick a Penthouse Pet as a VP and show her holding a gun and a baby - the repubs would have voted with their little heads. :D
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    So far i've read 3 or so responses stating that they like this women because she can handle a gun. The absurdity of it all......

Seems like a desperate attempt to woo the angry Clinton women... If these women as a smart as they think they are they should be insulted.
    Desperate? No, mine was in response to Choux and others trying to portray her as a wimpy "soccer/hockey mom, and looks it and acts it." She's no wimp.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 11:24 AM
    I only know a few wimpy soccer/hockey moms... so I don't know what the heck they are talking about.
    NK, I laughed... Of course you can't help to think that he is older and she is a younger hotty. Human nature, can't really help it, but can you tell me if you really think her good looks are going to be a problem for doing their jobs?

Tom, I thank you for the info, it was great and if I could give you a greenie, I would have. You made some really great points about being from a smaller town having to do so much more with so little help. I have heard so many good things about her... I just don't see why people are bashing her?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    I jsut dont see why people are bashing her?
    Hello start:

How about that she would outlaw abortion even in the case of rape??

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 12:35 PM
    I didn't see that... I didn't see it. Show me where it is!
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Hello again, start:

There's a jillion articles about her politics. Just Google the words "Palin and abortion" She's an evangelical Christian. Her abortion stance shouldn't be surprising.

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 12:57 PM
    I need to do more studying. You are so right about that. I will be googling Obama's stance on it too. That is what we all need to do. I don't mean to sound stupid, I mean only to get info from all of you guys. I add it into everything then go off my own view and add it all up to see who I am going to vote for.
    I have a sister in law that works very close with her and many of the politicians in Alaska, so I would love to get her side as well. She is very liberal... so I wonder what she thinks. See you after I have done some reading;)

I don't even know if I am pro choice or not Excon, you all make very valid points on both sides of the fence. Trying to put myself in the shoes of others helps, but isn't always what I would do if it REALLY happened to me.
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Hello again, start:

In my view, your decision can be made based upon one simple idea. If you're happy with the way things have gone over the last 8 years, vote for McCain. If you're not, vote for Obama. It really isn't any more difficult than that.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Qualifiers for US Vice President? [ 6 Answers ]

Can an ex US President take on a Vice Presidential role?

Vice President of LLC legal liabilty [ 2 Answers ]

What is the legal liabilty of the Vice President of an LLC? Can he be held liable for unpaid taxes?

Roles of the vice president [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: WHAT ARE THE ROLES OF THE VICE PRESIDENT BY THE PRESIDENT?

Vice-President Alvin Barkley [ 3 Answers ]

Why did Vice-President Alvin Barkley only serve one term as VP?

View more questions Search