Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 09:43 AM
    As I said in general what would happen at this stage if ANY (future) candidate did have a fake birth certificate would it go to the candidate they ran against? The one they chose as their running mate? Have to start the process over with other candidates? Nothing they would go on with the one with the fake certificate?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 09:44 AM
    If they had a fake certificate they wouldn't even get to the candidate stage.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 09:44 AM
    At this stage the parties would drop the candidate and select a replacement at the convention.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Oh, thank you
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 09:51 AM
    smokedetector: LOL!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 2, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    To generalize the question what would happen if it ever was a problem with any future candidate at this point?
    At this point BOTH McCain and Obama are the apparent candidates. They are NOT officially candidates until a vote is taken at the respective conventions. Delegates to the convention could change their pledges right up to the last moment.

Once the convention votes in a candidate that person is the assigned party nominee. Even if that person was to withdraw, another candidate would have to run as in independent or as a write-in.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Okay thanks I never followed campaigns much other than Kerry and now so I don't know how a lot of it works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NAME on Birth Certificate [ 9 Answers ]

My G/F will not let our newborn child have my last name. She swears that I'm the father and Im pretty sure that I am. We both want to be together and get married one day. But she still refuses to let me have my name on the birth certificate. Outr Baby girl was born yesterday, so I have to...

Birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old who has never seen her bio father and I'm not 100% sure were he even is. My husband of 3 yrs wants his last name to be on her birth certificate (she has my maiden name) or to adopt her. Does anyone know the laws in Missouri or a site I can go to so I can read up on our legal...

Birth certificate ? [ 2 Answers ]

How Does A Biological Father Add His Name To A Birth Certificate That He Is Not Already On

Birth Certificate [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have a six month old baby and I gave her my ex-boyfriends name even though is not he's child and now the bioligic father want to give her he's last name. What do I do?

Birth Certificate [ 3 Answers ]

How do I go about adding my son's father's name to the birth certificate?

View more questions Search