Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    I don't know what you misunderstood, but that was my point. So why would anybody or more specifically McCain supporters use a strategy with an issue that's a proven loser?! So they can look like hypocrites?
    It isn't misunderstood, the situations are entirely different. It's one thing to tell supporters of the candidate in the other party to "get over it" after whining about the outcome (in some cases almost 8 years later) to a case that Gore himself brought. It's something entirely different to tell women in your own party to "get over it" after a long, heated contest between these two "historic" candidates.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jun 23, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Let's see? Get over it or "get over it." Both occurrences are done, the president became "Dubya" and the Democrat nominee became"Obama." OK! So the Gore supporters should not get over it?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Or you could say "move on "

Jun 23, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    or you could say "move on "

Tom- Good one! :)

I've got a full schedule today, I've got to go. Everyone have a great day.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 10:05 AM
    I think this seal says it better

speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 10:22 AM
    OK! So the Gore supporters should not get over it?!
    What? What in God's name would make you think I suggested that? A bit early in the day for you still? Gore supporters are hopeless, I suggested they get over it for their own mental health's sake years ago. But, a democratic presidential nominee pi$$ing off democrat women? Hell hath no fury like a feminist scorned...

Jun 23, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    What? What in God's name would make you think I suggested that? A bit early in the day for you still? Gore supporters are hopeless, I suggested they get over it for their own mental health's sake years ago. But, a democratic presidential nominee pi$$ing off democrat women? Hell hath no fury like a feminist scorned...
    I already made my point. Were you partying all night? You said there was no comparison and was an entirely different situation. I disagreed. Were you not addressing me? If it was someone else, I'll be glad to step aside.
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Jun 25, 2008, 07:32 PM

SkyGem I am almost 100% certain that Evita will not be his veep choice.
    So am I. Therefore, we will say and continue to say...

Power of Puma: Howard Dean Schemes To Shut Down Democratic Convention

Jun 25, 2008, 08:08 PM
    bottom line here is that Obama's fundraising fell flat and McCain has been keeping up . Meanwhile Obama spent alot of money to secure the nomination and now he needs Evita's Democrat deep pocket donators who quite possibly will opt out of giving Obama a dime . So far Evita's minions are saying PUMA (Party Unity My A$$) and it doesn't help for Obama to flippantly tell them to get over it.

Meanwhile ...how's this for arrogance

Tom, are you trying to tell me something I don't already know? It's uncanny but I could've sworn I saw in the shield one finger sticking straight out from two hands, perhaps in sheer arrogance as you say. I had to do a double-take. It could be a pretty frightening premonition of things to come. Therefore, we will say and continue to say...

Jun 25, 2008, 08:53 PM
    Tomder55! I got to credit you for the routine of encouraging the Christi Adkin "no deal" sheeple. However anybody within a political mile of you knows darn well you're not supporting Hillary in this lifetime or the next. You did make Sky's day though.

Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2008, 03:21 AM
    Bobby you know me too well. This is just too much fun !

Jun 26, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Tomder55! I gotta credit you for the routine of encouraging the Christi Adkin "no deal" sheeple. However anybody within a political mile of you knows darn well you're not supporting Hillary in this lifetime or the next. You did make Sky's day though.

Didn't he though!! Bobby, you don't know how much, and I hear that so many in this country are now aware of these two urls since the sites went up that it's really got them thinking!! Thanks again Tom, you're a GEM!!!!!

By the way, isn't that your guy on the far right with a turban, Bobby? Thanks for including him in this shot! It's so apropos with the upcoming elections 'n all!;)

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyGem
    By the way, isn't that your guy on the far right with a turban, Bobby? Thanks for including him in this shot! It's so apropos with the upcoming elections 'n all!;)
    That's what Fox wants you to believe but only the truly ignorant would swallow that.

Jun 26, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    That's what Fox wants you to believe but only the truly ignorant would swallow that.
    And trust me when I tell you that our little anonymous minister has the wool pulled over her eyes. Like many sheeple grazing the propaganda, they are more worried about everybody else's backyard, while our own homegrown US nutcases run amuck. Sky's so confused that she was supporting Hillary Clinton, a very adamant pro-choice candidate, yet the other day she got up on her soap box to give excon a pro-life speech.

Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 02:24 AM
    Well Bobby in Sky's defense it really is not that unusual for women who are proabortion to vote for candidates who are prolife and visa versa. Ronnie Reagan won 49 states with many crossover voters. I actually give the American people more credit than to think that most of them vote on single issues.So Excon's argument that Hillary supporters would be crazy to cross-over because of the abortion issue is not valid in my opinion.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2008, 06:27 AM
    Hello again, tom:

I left off the other 25 reasons because I thought the IDEA was clear.

Let me try this way. Obama and Clinton are 3 degrees away from each other on ALL the important issues of the day. Obama and McCain are 180 degrees away from each other on the important issues of the day.

Even though Sky would vote for a PRO abortion candidate (even though a ANTI abortion candidate is running), WHY would she vote to, let's say, stay in Iraq for a 100 years instead of leaving sooner??

Do you get my point yet?? It's that SkyGem, and her group of jilted lovers, are phony baloney.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Yeah I see your point... sorta like a libertarian voting for Obama... or Bob Barr for that matter.

Jun 27, 2008, 03:26 PM
    And trust me when I tell you that our little anonymous minister has the wool pulled over her eyes. Like many sheeple grazing the propaganda, they are more worried about everybody else's backyard, while our own homegrown US nutcases run amuck.

Well you should know, Bobby, you're supporting one of them. In fact, he's so nutty (no real substance but a great guy) yet so effective that the pied piper has even gotten the support of the unsuspecting and that's the scary part. Boy are they in for a BIG surprise if he's elected, and we'll come back to tell them we told you so!

Sky's so confused that she was supporting Hillary Clinton, a very adamant pro-choice candidate, yet the other day she got up on her soap box to give Excon a pro-life speech.

Uh, uh, uh....don't try Obama's tactics of obfuscation of the real issues here and with me, Bobby, I would hope by now you would know better. And let's not forget what I also said under the thread "What's the Matter With Howard Dean and the DNC?"

"P.S. Since Hillary is no longer to be considered for President, though she too could have been pro-choice but with a more conservative slant, it is safe to assume that at least people will know there are so many others who still support her on other issues as well as her experience, a real PLUS in my book. And coupled with delegates proposed to be taken away from her by the Democratic Party (and it's the PRINCIPLE of doing this that is so wrong) I feel I can comfortably use the following ending line so others can know
    what is truly going on. They really need to know as that is something I truly cannot support happening to anyone. It is unjust, unfair, and just plain WRONG!"

So, let's be fair to the situation, Bobby. I know you and your guy do not believe in fairness one iota, what with throwing his White granny under the bus and all that, but force yourself, just to save face, instead of walking lock-step with him on everything he says or does without questioning anything or writing about the things he does wrong. Or are you his siamese twin? That says a lot about you and your own ethics, you know, to in effect say he's so perfect about anything and everything. The reality is that No One Is Or Could Ever Be and he who believes otherwise is a great FOOL! By the way, Bobby, thanks for continuing to bring up the subject of Hillary that makes me just respond more consistently with "Just Say No Deal" tags! You give me the real impetus to go even further and with great vigor. So, I do also owe it to you and will continue to inform others about it but at this time it's not for Tom, the real credit goes to YOU! So, you too are a GEM! Thanks again and do keep it up!
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 04:53 PM
    what with throwing his White granny under the bus and all that,
    Did you see in their "unity " rally that Obama compared Evita to his grandma?? Toooooooo funny .

He talked to her frequently during the primary season, and obviously “she
    Was rooting for her grandson,” Obama said. But she also complained that
    Clinton wasn't getting a fair shake. “When I see that instinct of hers to
    Fight on behalf of those who need a champion, she reminds me a little of
    Me,” Obama's grandmother told him.
    Lynn Sweet: Chicagoans at the Clinton-Obama D.C. unity meeting. Speech excerpts.

Evita will be walking with tire tracks on her back before November for sure !

Jun 27, 2008, 06:24 PM
    Evita will be walking with tire tracks on her back before November for sure !
    The woman literally requested an assassination attempt on her opponent's life comparing him to Bobby Kennedy and we not out of June yet. I hope he not only runs her over, but then backs up over Bill while at it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyGem
    So, I do also owe it to you and will continue to inform others about it but at this time it's not for Tom, the real credit goes to YOU! So, you too are a GEM!! Thanks again and do keep it up!
    Minister, that's because I own you. I just lease you out to Tom when I'm bored. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obama: "Lay off my wife" [ 17 Answers ]

On Good Morning America Mr. Obama warned the GOP to "lay off my wife." Let's see, you can't talk about... - his 20 year relationship with his preacher - his mobster and terrorist friends - his name - his upbringing - his mother - his father

Is the lack of "corny" patriotism an issue for Obama? [ 30 Answers ]

Time's Joe Klein thinks so: "Patriotism is, sadly, a crucial challenge for Obama now." The Patriotism Problem - TIME

Obama provided "excellent free education" to millions. [ 129 Answers ]

As I listened to Obama address Republican fears, educating people in general to our country's racist history past and the hope of the future, I couldn't help but think of the past few days I spent, a person of Jewish extraction trying to relate to mostly Republican white Christians and agnostics on...

"Patriotism Questions For Obama" [ 32 Answers ]

Is the hand of Clinton behind this? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Patriotism questions for Obama No flag pin, no hand over his heart: Is he exposed? The Associated Press Updated 5:26 a.m. ET, Sun. Feb. 24, 2008 WASHINGTON - Sen. Barack...

The "Whys" of men/couple of joke for women! [ 2 Answers ]

Couple of joke for women! The Why's of Men 1. WHY DO MEN BECOME SMARTER DURING SEX?

View more questions Search