Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2008, 10:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeLady
    Dreams are not "God" telling you anything. Dreams are simply "brain garbage" left over from the day's events.

It's sort of like when you inhale and take things in, exhale to let things out.

Your brain stores things up all day long (inhale) and lets things OUT (exhale) at night in the form of "dreams." Proven fact.

CL
    I disagree, there is lot more to the brain. A lot more outside of the five senses. A lot of unexplained experiences. A lot of territory of the brain that has not been discovered yet.

Proven fact, No your wrong.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 9, 2008, 12:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    I disagree, there is lot more to the brain. A lot more outside of the five senses. A lot of unexplained experiences. A lot of territory of the brain that has not been discovered yet. Proven fact, No your wrong.
    Sorry Joe, but I disagree with you on this. There is plenty of scientific support for the idea that dreams are just some sort of mental fluff caused by the brain processing the daily events during sleep, and storing all relevant items into memory.
    You personally may believe that there is more to it, but so far that never has been proved with any objective supported evidence.
    Also : so far there is much suggested to be beyond the five senses and the four dimensions we know to exist, but again nothing of that ever has been proved with any objective supported evidence.
    Nobody claims that all secrets of life are known and explained. But we do know what dreams are!
    John
    ;)
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2008, 01:02 AM
    I actually believe it was my heart bothering me. And all of you helped so much.
    I do agree with both of you, sometimes it could be just the days "stuff" and sometimes it may be a little more.

But all I do know is how much you all have helped. Thanks for caring. Truly.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    This may all sound a little odd to all of you, but it is troubling me enough to post.

Seems last night I had a dream, believe it or not, of how I post here on AMHD in regards to religious post. ( I know, sad I am even dreaming AMHD :)

I rarely, if ever, remember my dreams. In the dream it was actually a poster ( no name of the poster in the dream), telling me to stop telling everyone they are good and everything is okay.

That was the crux of the dream, but it was pretty strong. I am not saying that God spoke to me in a dream, but the message was so strong, and softly sturn, if that makes any sense.

I guess it concerns me, as it gave me the impression I am doing more harm than good.

In my heart I beleive in God, in heaven and scarey enough in hell. I also believe in purgatory.

I guess, for those of you know my way of posting, am I doing more harm then good.

I beleive that God is a loving God and that's why I post the way I do. I am not asking you to critique my post, just to those of you who do beleive in God, am I doing more harm then good, by being so "soft" when responding about the dangers in not be one with God?

My heart it telling me that I am, or more accurately, I fear I am doing more harm then good.

I think that God would actually be upset and even angry with me, for this.

I do ask your honest opinions, and I will also pray on it.

Thank you.
    Hi all heart

What a very apt name for you because that's what you are, obviously I'm a newbie here so I know very little about anyone here but having read several of your posts I can see that you are a very warm and kind hearted person always thinking of other people as you are doing now, you have no need to fret for I'm sure you have in no way offended or upset any person here, definitely not myself and after all that's what these posts are for: to express different opinions.

Dreams can mean many things, it's the way our mind interprets these dreams which sometimes can cause a problem, don't worry any more your just fine as you are.

Takecare
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Many people say there is nothing to dreams but I have heard many stories where people dreamed something and it was an answer. Like my one friend that has a duplex with three apartments had a dream where the duplex attics were an apartment. He would have never thought to put a door off the top of the common steps of the three apartments to the attics and tear down the attic wall to make an apartment.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 9, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Many people say there is nothing to dreams but I have heard many stories where people dreamed something and it was an answer....
    The problem with that approach is : of all the dreams one has experienced one almost only remember those that in one way or another had an influence on ones life. All other dreams have over time been forgotten.
    Your friend may have had that idea already a long time, or may have seen or heard of something similar, but remembers it now as his/her dream, and the apartment as a result of that dream. But was it the dream or the inspiring seeded idea from outside that really did it?
    On that point dreams are in many aspects like forecasting : have a lot, and one may come true one day, and be used as "proof" for your (dreaming) "qualities".
    (The other 25.000 are simply forgotten, only that single one is remembered!)
    ;)
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2008, 11:46 PM
    I thank you all once again. I know I keep saying it, but want to make sure you all know how much your responses are meaning to me.

The thoughts of the dream has remained with me, so I guess, it was just a wake up call, to answer with my heart and head. Normally, right from the heart I would post a repsonse. ( That's truly why I picked the name I did, I most time's don't use my head, just heart, sometimes that's not very good)

But this is right from the heart THANK YOU!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I trust him, is he being honest to me? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm in love with a married man! When we first met a little over 1 year ago I was married to my (just recently in the past few weeks) ex-husband. I met my ex on Feb. 2 1990 and it was love at first sight, we got married in May of 1996 and just did a quick-uncontested divorce which was finalized...

Where are the honest people? [ 5 Answers ]

Owner lost house but we still paid rent, what can I do??

Honest Opinions Only, Am I Wrong? [ 16 Answers ]

I hate to "air dirty laundry" so to speak but I don't have anyone else to ask for an unbiased opinion. I have been married to good man for over 2 years now. The problem is prior to us being married and while we were still dating he cheated on me like 2 times. He had done this in his prior...

To be honest is to. What? [ 14 Answers ]

This is bound to spark an interesting discussion( Or, at least, get people talking.) Honesty is the best policy.

Unfaithful but honest [ 5 Answers ]

My Nane is Martin I'm 35 years old and have a 26 year old girlfriend, recently I came clean as I couldn't live myself and told her I had been unfaithful a few months ago that I was very sorry for doing so, but had to be honest. She was very upset and went to stay with friends where she is now 3...

View more questions Search