Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again:

As an aside back, the one thing that makes the Democrats morally superior to the Republicans, is that even though they disagree about policy, they NEVER question a Republicans’ patriotism..

In fact, the more you do, the more I question your understanding of patriotism..

excon
    Come on, excon; how could they? Lying about snipers and lying about attending racist church meetings. Where does patriotism begin with a Democrat? Raising taxes? Bigger programs?
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Mar 27, 2008, 06:17 PM
    I want to share my great admiration for George Walker Bush. A man that viewed the video of Osama Bin Laden (along with everybody else), informing the world that indeed he was the culprit. Well! Dubya knew just what to do. I could see in his eyes that natural instinct as he demonstrated the retaliation skills superior to that of a eight monkey's fighting over seven bananas. Sifting through the ruble of the Twin Towers with plenty of photo ops along side of NYC's finest, Dubya then stirred the emotions of the nation and countered as we bombed the empty caves of Afghanistan in search of the elusive Bin Laden. Oh! No! No, no, no, no! That wasn't enough! He then called on the mothers and fathers of America to show their patriotism as he sent our children into the Iraqi deserts to battle the forces of darkness. We toppled those statues of Hussein and now we wait, and wait, and wait, patiently, as the next hundred years crawl by just for that glorious day when we can call Iraq, "the 51st state of the United States." And what man could have had the sack to truly lead this nation into recession than he from the loins of trickle down down down down economics, coming from the father of the patriot himself, the once paraded Herbert Bush. Economics, shmeconomics! Nine billion dollars a month in Iraq was just the red carpet on the way to the auditorium of inflation, bankruptcy and foreclosures. George Walker Bush, I SALUTE YOU! And if any of you were true red blooded patriotic Americans, you would vote for "Rambo McCain." McCain is closer to Dubya than XY and Z. :rolleyes:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Oh N0 Babram!!

YOU HAD to go and say it!
    Attached Images

Mar 27, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Oh N0 Babram!!!

YOU HAD to go and say it!

;)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 08:01 AM
    It is evidently OK for Democrats to question each other's patriotism however .

In the words of former President Bill Clinton "I think it would be a great thing if we had an election year where you had two people who loved this country and were devoted to the interest of this country"

He was speaking of Evita and McCain. By implication he was excluding Obama . Obama countered and said Clintoon was engaging in McCarthyism (the liberal version of accusing someone of un-American activity ).
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Up date : MOVEON.ORG strikes back!

MoveOn.org Political Action: Stand up for Democracy in the Democratic Party
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    It is evidently ok for Democrats to question each other's patriotism however .
    Hello again, tom:

Nahhh, it ISN'T OK for anyone to do it. It's just a low blow - period.

Look. You and I are diametrically opposed on many, many major issues of the day. You have never accused me of not being patriotic. Why is that? You either believe the right wing shtick about people who think like me - or you don't.

Tell me. Do you hold yourself back from calling me a traitor?? I don't have that problem. I don't doubt your patriotism - your politics YES - but not your patriotism...

The bottom line is, it's a disgusting charge...

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 08:50 AM
    You would agree with me that Clinton's implication is that Obama was not patriotic ? I think that is how it sounded even if he doesn't believe it . I think he intended it to sound that way for strict political reasons.

You have never given me reason to question your patriotism. I withhold that opinion to people like Jane Fonda who travelled to enemy territory and sat on an anti-aircraft gun pretending to shoot it at American planes.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Hello again:

As an aside back, the one thing that makes the Democrats morally superior to the Republicans, is that even though they disagree about policy, they NEVER question a Republicans’ patriotism..
    Oh really, ex?

“Freedom of speech is one of our country’s most cherished values,” Reid told the Senate. “Nothing sets us further apart than the countries and regimes we oppose than our belief that everyone’s opinion matters, and everyone has the right to express it.

“That is why, when we hear things on the radio that are offensive, by and large, we tolerate them. But last week, Rush Limbaugh went way over the line – and while we respect his right to say anything he likes, his unpatriotic comments cannot be ignored." -Harry Reid
    Thousands of active troops and veterans were subjected to Mr. Limbaugh’s unpatriotic and indefensible comments on your broadcast." -Harry Reid et al, in a letter to CEO Mark Mays of Clear Channel
    "I don't think it's patriotic to put on a flight suit and prance around on the deck of an aircraft carrier looking for a photo op. We have a president of the United States who did not do his duty to take care of America. If you're patriotic, you do your duty." -Wesley Clark
    "I don't think it was a patriotic war. I think it was a mistake, a strategic mistake, and I think that the president of the United States wasn't patriotic in going after Saddam Hussein. He simply misled America and cost us casualties and killed and injured America's reputation around the world without valid reason for doing so. It's not patriotic; it's wrong." -Wesley Clark
    "The policy that the administration is following in Iraq is typical of their policies elsewhere. It is disrespectful of other nations. We need to be inviting in to participate in this occupation. And it is anti-patriotic at the core, because it's asking only one group of Americans, those soldiers in Iraq and their families, to pay the price of this occupation." -Bob Graham
    "Real patriots don't put troops in harm's way on a flawed policy." -Al Sharpton
    "I'm tired of seeing chief executives be permitted to take their millions or billions to Bermuda and leave the average American here at home stuck with the tax bill. You know what I call that? Unpatriotic."-John Kerry of George W. Bush
    "John Ashcroft is not a patriot." -Howard Dean
    And who can forget Michael Moore calling Bush a "deserter" in his intro for Wesley Clark?

Truth be told, much of this Republican questioning of Democrat's patriotism is imagined.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

When the facts change, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Hello again, Steve:

When the facts change, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?
    I try and do the same. An FYI since you're the first to comment, I also added that to my signature to remind me to hold myself accountable, too. :)

Steve

Mar 28, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    you would agree with me that Clinton's implication is that Obama was not patriotic ?
    Candidate McCain, Clinton, and Obama, are all patriotic. However, I do question politicians for their rational at times, and on issues. In the case of Hillary it's become obvious that while in Bosnia, one of those imaginary bullets struck her in the noggin.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    In the case of Hillary it's become obvious that while in Bosnia, one of those imaginary bullets struck her in the noggin.
    I am glad that in my type of imaginary... I am dancing on the milky way and jumping from moon beams to a suns ray! MUCH safer I MUST say!!

Mar 28, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    I am glad that in my type of imaginary....I am dancing on the milky way and jumping from moon beams to a suns ray! MUCH safer I MUST say!!!
    LOL! :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2008, 01:57 AM
    I am glad that in my type of imaginary... I am dancing on the milky way and jumping from moon beams to a suns ray! MUCH safer I MUST say!!
    Yup and you don't need to run sepentine to escape Chupacabra or the shadow people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you say President Pelosi [ 17 Answers ]

Hello: Who's going to be the first female president of these United States? Hillary? Nahhh. Nancy! I predict that Bush and Cheney will be impeached, simultaneously; Bush for the surge that he ain't giving up, and even Republicans don't want, and Cheney because he leaked Valerie Plames...

12 days over car payment and they already threaten reposession [ 1 Answers ]

I have a car loan with a company in FL and I'm curently living in UT. We have always paid our bill ontime due on the 14th. Consistently every month 5 days before the due date they call and pester us about sending in a payment. On the 1st of this month we said we are paying the $6000 we have...

View more questions Search