Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leezconfused Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2008, 06:24 PM
    At The Light I Stopped And Waited For Traffic To Clear In The Middle Lane.. After Traffic Had Crossed And Was No Longer Coming, But The Light Was Still Red, I Proceeded Through... Still Had Nothing To Do With The Light. You Can Not Even See The Light Where The Accident Occurred.. I Was In The Proper Lane Of Moving Traffic When The Accident Happened I Was Not In The Wrong Place. Speeding A Bit, Yes. I Admit To That, But She Should Have Yielded To Oncoming Traffic. Is That Also Not A Law. And The Pet Owner Statement Was Totally Un Called For.. Thank You. All I Am Inquiring For Is Educated Answers On The Matter Not Defamation.

Jan 4, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Makes one wonder, doesn't it? Did he know the animals were combative to each other? Were they leashed at the time of this incident? What was the history of the dogs getting along with each other and what caused this death match? What was he going to do when he got home? Shoot them?
    I didn't expect all this negativity just looking for help and answers.. and it was not 2 dogs.. a long time family bird had gotten out of his room by someone leaving the door open, and another family pet, a small dog had attacked him. But thanks anyway.. when i remember burying my pet ill also remember your insensitivity. You're a wonderful person..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 06:29 PM
    If you were driving in the suicide lane you were in the "wrong" lane, it was not designed to drive in, and people driving more than about 100 ft are breaking the law driving in it. It is for turning,

It is a turning lane, not a driving lane, it is nicknamed suicide lane because people who drive in it, are considered committing suicide.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2008, 06:30 PM
    You are at fault and so is the other person. But we do not know her statement either. If what you say is totally the truth, then you both are guilty. I don't know who is more guilty. You displayed careless behavior during your ride home.

Jan 4, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    If you were driving in the sucide lane you were in the "wrong" lane, it was not designed to drive in, and people driving more than about 100 ft are breaking the law driving in it. It is for turning,

It is a turning lane, not a driving lane, it is nicknamed sucide lane because people who drive in it, are considered committing sucide.
    I only entered this land before i stopped at the red light and proceeded through it avoiding traffic i moved back into the proper lane in less than 30 feet
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leezconfused
    At The Light I Stopped And Waited For Traffic To Clear In The Middle Lane.. After Traffic Had Crossed And Was No Longer Coming, But The Light Was Still Red, I Proceeded Through... Still Had Nothing To Do With The Light. You Can Not Even See The Light Where The Accident Occured.. I Was In The Proper Lane Of Moving Traffic When The Accident Happened I Was Not In The Wrong Place. Speeding A Bit, Yes. I Admit To That, But She Should Have Yielded To Oncoming Traffic. Is That Also Not A Law. And The Pet Owner Statement Was Totally Un Called For.. Thank You. All I Am Inquiring For Is Educated Answers On The Matter Not Defamation.
    All we read was about how you broke the law (several times) before the other driver hit you. I hope the rest of your life is more responsible than your driving.

Jan 4, 2008, 06:34 PM
    You are at fault and so is the other person. But we do not know her statement either. If what you say is totally the truth, then you both are guilty. I don't know who is more guilty. You displayed careless behavior during your ride home.
    I agree to some fault in the accident.. but as of right now I am charged 100% at fault. My question to begin with am I at fault? I have never been in an accident before and definitely not of this magnitude.. I'm only looking for credible answers.. for both sides mine and the other drivers.. would the accident have happened if I were not speeding? NO. would the accident have happened if the other driver yielded to oncoming traffic? NO. I just wonder which party is going to be majority at fault in court.

Jan 4, 2008, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    All we read was about how you broke the law (several times) before the other driver hit you. I hope the rest of your life is more responsible than your driving.
    Several by the stopping at the red light in the "suicide" lane and proceeding through when traffic had cleared. WHICH CONTRIBUTED TO NO ACCIDENT, and by driving 15mph over the limit? Most driver travel at that rate of speed in any case... if you don't believe that check your spedometer from time to time when you pass others, or they pass you.
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2008, 06:39 PM
    I would say you will be the one. Does your state recognize no-fault when it comes to accidents like that since both of you share responsibility?

Also, you cannot use other driver's driving patterns as a standard for your own. You have the standard of the law and not to go below that. So hope you do not plan on that as a defense.

Jan 4, 2008, 06:40 PM
    I would say you will be the one. Does your state recognize no-fault when it comes to accidents like that since both of you share responsibility?
    I'm not sure, nor am I sure how to find out. My lawyer is out of town until Monday.

Jan 4, 2008, 06:42 PM

Also, you cannot use other driver's driving patterns as a standard for your own. You have the standard of the law and not to go below that. So hope you do not plan on that as a defense.
    My defense will only be that she hit my while failing to yield to the right of way to all incoming traffic, not just me. I was never charged with speeding, there was no evidence so legally I am not sure how it will play out.. which is why I am here getting grilled...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 06:45 PM
    if you don't believe that check your spedometer from time to time when you pass others, or they pass you.
    I rarely pass anyone. Most of them are going 15-20 mph over the limit already. I am often passed by people who beat me to the light by five seconds and then sit there.

I worked for State Farm long enough to hear many stories like yours. Are the insurance claims adjustors hashing this out? The five adjustors I used to work for took recorded statements from our insureds and from the other drivers. Often medical problems popped up after accidents. Did you both have seat belts on? Has she claimed any injury yet? Did she have any passengers?
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2008, 06:45 PM
    So if you were not charged with speeding, what were you charged with? You admitted you were speeding and an officer said you were.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Is there a police report?

Jan 4, 2008, 06:49 PM
    So if you were not charged with speeding, what were you charged with? You admitted you were speeding and an officer said you were.
    I told the officer I was not sure of my speed, but I know for a fact I never exceeded 60mph. In a 45mph zone. They can not estimate my speed to be more than 60mph or even that fast through investigation of the scene. Nor was I charged with the red light. I was charged with reckless driving which is a standard ticket in South Carolina for being found at fault in an accident

Jan 4, 2008, 06:51 PM
    I rarely pass anyone. Most of them are going 15-20 mph over the limit already. I am often passed by people who beat me to the light by five seconds and then sit there.

I worked for State Farm long enough to hear many stories like yours. Are the insurance claims adjustors hashing this out? The five adjustors I used to work for took recorded statements from our insureds and from the other drivers. Often medical problems popped up after accidents. Did you both have seat belts on? Has she claimed any injury yet? Did she have any passengers?
    Both the other driver and myself are OK, thank goodness. Both of us were wearinf seat belts, and my bags deployed
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 06:52 PM
    What did the police report say about vehicle damage and costs? That part of the report says something about your speed too.

Do both you and the other driver have insurance? Current drivers licenses?

Jan 4, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    First your flashers on is a joke, please don't expect that to be a defense, they are to be used when you are parked not driving.

Next you were driving in a middle lane, not in the actual road. You are suppose to always be parked there waiting to turn.

You are so at fault your best deal to get a attorney and work out a plea or something,

Oncomming traffic is not in a turn lane, they would have expected you to be turning in the lane you were driving.
    and with a police officer testifing against you, you don't have a prayer in court.
    None of this has anything to do with the accident itself? Why do you keep saying I was driving in an unauthorized lane? Regardless the OFF duty cop saw me stop at a red light and proceed through after traffic had cleared when the light was still red... nothing else

Jan 4, 2008, 06:54 PM
    What did the police report say about vehicle damage and costs? That part of the report says something about your speed too.

Do both you and the other driver have insurance? current drivers licenses?
    Nothing about speed.. but yes both licensed and insured.. all the report sais is where when and who
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leezconfused
    nothing about speed.. but yes both licensed and insured.. all the report sais is where when and who
    I meant the amount of damage tells about your speed at the time of the collision. So there was no police estimate of damage?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does he relly care ? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I just started high school && there is this boy He tells me that he cares for me && what I mean too him I fell in love with him the way he did with me... Suddenly he changed he asking other girls out... Is he trying to hurt me ?>>? :confused:

DO you think its my fault [ 6 Answers ]

Do you think its my fault here is my story. My common law husband is renting a farm But the owners live there and they always come out to site with us in the back .well I was there with my sister inlaw and her family and my kids where there too well the lady that lives there came up to me and my...

Who is at fault? [ 1 Answers ]

I was in an accident in a parking lot at school. Before I started to back out I looked over my shoulder to see if any cars were coming from either direction. I saw the car go past me so I looked again to see if any cars were coming. I proceeded to back out of the spot, I then looked towards the...

Relly bad dark eye circles [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone recommend a cream for really bad eye circles, mine are so bad it goes a bit onto my cheeks, my face looks a mess because my cheeks are light and around my aye are so dark please recommend something that works asap. Thanks :( :( :( :(

Found a gal I relly like! [ 6 Answers ]

Just wanted to spead the good news! I met a girl that I hung out with tonight that I really like a lot! We have a lot in common, and get along great! She is cute and has a lot of ambition to do tings with herself! I never thought she would be my "type" but she is! We are doing something again...

View more questions Search