Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 23, 2007, 04:52 PM
    I didn't answer your question because it had already been answered.

As to your not caring your protests say otherwise. If my comments didn't strike a chord you wouldn't have attacked me so vehemently. Oh, and you can claim he wants to wait to try and show me up, but frankly I don't believe it. I think you are just saying that to make this sorry relationship look better. All the more reason you need counseling.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 23, 2007, 05:41 PM
    But I really want to be intimate with him also. What should I do?:confused:
    Buy him a pack of cigarettes, since he can't get his own legally. My one objection to this whole nonsense is what can you see in a person who isn't a man yet? Where is it you hangout at? McDonald's? Point being that we maybe can't help who we are attracted to, but we can control what we do about it. Please seek help, as if you have no boundaries, then you may find yourself out of bounds.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 24, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Actually Scott is just being nice, I am very surprised that you have not had a lot worst comments by now.

The age difference is very bad, not only is it illegal in some places, a person your age should know better. If this is your desires, yes you do need counseling. As for the 17 year old, he merely has a story to share in the locker room about the hard up old lady he scored with.
    Bubee27 Posts: 2, Reputation: -2

Aug 27, 2007, 11:51 AM
    I see nothing wrong with this if the age of consent is 16 in Pa then everyone should just mind there own business. It is your life you are the one who has to deal with it. And as far as statutory rape I think it is the dumbest F*c*i*g law ever made!

Do what your heart tells you to do!
    Bubee27 Posts: 2, Reputation: -2

Aug 27, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    You did enough whining in this post. Now I'm going to give you my advice, but you probably won't like it. You need to get counseling. You are a sick lady. For a 27 yr old to be so obsessed with a 17 yr old is NOT normal. Whether its legal or not, is not the issue, its immoral. What's more, I suspect this 17 yr old's ONLY interest in you is getting into your pants. He knows you are obsessed with him and wants to take advantage. Once you have relations with him he will probably dump you.

As to you being harassed, there is GOOD reason for it. You are contributing to the delinquency of a minor. So RUN do not walk to a therapists who can help you understand why you are obsessed with someone so much younger!
    You need to get a serious grip. Just because that is the way that you feel doesn't make it right. Who do you think you are telling other people they need to run to counseling. You need to take your ignorant behind to counseling and get a serious attitude adjustment. Did you ever think that maybe someone could be more mature than their own age group, guess not considering you haven't reached your age group level yet. A person can feel anything in their heart for someone of a different age as long as it isn't illegal. If it was under the age of consent then that is one thing but you know what. People in this messed up world are so freaking narrow minded it is unreal. Just because they are so different in age doesn't mean that is doesn't work for them. You need to be nice to people. An opinion is just that and this is my opinion of you. Stop being such a ignorant person and open up to the fact that age is just a number and there is more to someone other than that stupid number.

Aug 28, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Sorry my friend, but the ignorance is instance yours. I agree age can be just a number. And there is nothing wrong with a large age difference when BOTH parties are adults. But when one of the parties is a minor there is a problem.

I don't know how old you are, but there is a wide gulf in interests, maturity and other character factors between a teen and an adult. This is established fact. Which leaves physical attraction as the primary reason for such a relationship.

I don't think, I KNOW, that I am a reasonable and knowledgeable person who gives careful consideration to the advice I give. The purpose of this site is for anyone, even you, to give their advice and opinions in answer to questions. People like you really amaze me. You ask who am I to suggest counseling, yet you have no problem in giving me the same advice. It works both ways my friend. Unfortunately your opinion is clearly without merit, since it ignores a number of facts.

One of the facts you ignore is that, maybe after counseling, the attraction might be actually affirmed, did you ever consider that? But I stand by my recommendations. Any 27 yr old who has an attraction for a 17 yr old, clearly needs counseling.

And I suggest you review the rules of this site. Your post borders on a personal attack that is not allowed on this site.
    sugar327 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 04:47 PM
    I'm glad to see that someone else agrees with me! And as for the person who said 13 and 23... well what are you talking about? That's not the age we are talking about here... it's 17 and 27... get it right! In Pa the age of consent is 16. If you think it's weird or wrong.. I really don't care what you think. Why would I? I don't even know you. So please... don't act like you know me! Thanks.

Aug 28, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sugar327
    i'm glad to see that someone else agrees with me!!

I really don't care what you think. Why would I? I don't even know you. So please.... don't act like you know me! Thanks.
    You are always going to find some person who agrees with even the most outlandish and ridiculous things. Clearly this person has an axe to grind when it comes to statutory rape. I also note that this thread is the ONE and only place this person has posted which is suspicious. You cling to the lifeline of one person agreeing when so many have not.

Sure you care what people think, that's why you asked for opinions. That's why you have gotten so defensive. As to knowing you, your actions here have been somewhat revealing. No we don't know all about you, but I think we have learned enough to post the advice we have.
    sugar327 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 07:41 AM
    No I didn't cling to this one agreement... I know TONS of people who agree with me and they are not all on this site. I didn't ask for your opinions. I asked if anyone knew the law... that's the reason I went to the LAW section of this site. However, instead I got to hear from your ignorant being... bashing me for wanting to date a younger man... get over it... It happens everywhere... even in Hollywood, the women are dating younger men... it's legal in my state!. Oh and here is an update on my situation: I met the mother and she actually likes me and realizes that her son does also. She is now all right with me hanging out with him. The Father has been all right with it from the start. We have also decided to take everything slow, and we are both okay with that!

Aug 31, 2007, 08:02 AM
    As usual you have things incorrect. I NEVER said that a large age gap is a problem. I don't see anything wrong in older women dating younger men. What I DO see wrong is with an older women dating a minor! As I have stated several times, as one gets older the gap between ages matters less and less. But when an older woman is going after a minor child, then there is an issue that needs treatment. I stand by that opinion. I stand by the advice to get counseling in such a situation.

I don't give a hoot whether the parents of this child approve of you or not. They may just be doing so because they feel their son will sneak around if they don't. But my analysis of the situation doesn't change.

As for my personally attacking anyone, you are again mistaken there. I've attacked an action. I've attacked what you have posted as your intentions. I haven't made general personal attacks as others have done.

So rationalize all you want. Grab onto anyone that agrees that what you are doing is OK. Your seemingly desperate attempts to justify this relationship are clear to many. They only affirm our position.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 08:12 AM

Good for you, but do you think all 16 year olds have the same good fortune??
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

Aug 31, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Good for you, but do you think all 16 year olds have the same good fortune????
    I don't know what your talking about 16 year olds? I said nothing about 16 year olds! No I don't think everyone has good fortune when it come to any love. But people need to know the positives along with the negitives! It's hard to be underage dating anyone older. You get a very hard time from people however, if you truly love one another you will take people at face value and tell them thanks for there opnion but you live your own life and that is all that matters now isent it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Age Difference [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, what legal actions can be taken on someone that is 20 and gets his 16 year old girlfriend pregnant, if it was willing?

Age difference [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 16 until July then I turn 17, but my girlfreind is 14 and in December she turns 15... does that sound wrong, we aren't having sex or anything!

Age difference [ 14 Answers ]

Is it possible for a relationship between a 21 yr old female and 27 man work out with such a age gap.? Is 21 to imature for a serious relationship?

Age Difference [ 7 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and my partner is 28 years older than me.We have been dating almost 2 years.I am really in love with him. But he is a control freak. I can't spend my time with my friends.He doesn't let me visit my parents because they live in another city.Nobody can come to my house because...

View more questions Search