Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaymaze Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 29, 2007, 11:57 AM
    I think that my main problem is the lack of closure. I won't call her and provide myself with closure because I don't want it. She still has my profile up in her top friends on myspace. Probably also still has me on her buddy list cause she IMd me the other day. Why would she keep me up there if she wanted to quietly slide out of the picture. She also told me that she didn't want to say goodbye, that she just needed time. So here I am just waiting, and waiting, and waiting with no idea what's going to happen. Part of me is saying its not over and she'll come back and I don't really consider this a break-UP as much as it is a break... but without that closure its eating away at me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 29, 2007, 12:21 PM
    You sit and wait because you have hope that she will be back and things will go on as before, but that will never happen, whether she comes back or not things have already changed. I don't think waiting on an if is a wise thing to do as focusing on you being happy with out her in your life is much more constructive and helps bring a balance to your life that allows you to deal with situations like this in a rational manner. Get busy and stay busy with you, whether she comes back or not.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Stay cool.

It's 100% on her now.

IF she circles back decide if it works for you. Once you surrender to the power of no responsibility you may find it liberating... You have the luxury of focusing on yourself only
    Today.

This thread may help too: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...sh-114179.html
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2007, 01:06 PM
    She was just out of a 5-year relationship. The two of you went much too fast in such a short period. You'd be wise to give her the break she says she needs. Get on with your own life and let her be without you for a while. She may eventually decide she wants to come back or she may not. You, in turn, can then decide whether you're going to take her back or not. Meanwhile, get out and date other people.
    jaymaze Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 29, 2007, 04:50 PM
    girls are so damn twisted and manipulative. My ex texts me today with just a random comment about something we used to talk about after she told me NO CONTACT. So I didn't write back.

now no matter what I do here I'm wrong... if I write back its showing her that she can pretty much decide when to talk to me depending on when its convenient for her and she can just continue to string me along without fear of losing me. HOWEVER, if I don't write back she can twist it and say "well i did say NC, but then i reached out to him and he didnt respond." chicks man, chicks.
    HaQueen Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jul 29, 2007, 05:19 PM
    I know how it feels to sit there and just wait for a person who your "suppost" to be in a wonderful relationship with. I guess I put my boyfriend through the same thing when I asked him to give me time off. The thing was, when he started to show me a more aggressive side, I became more confident with the relationship and actually I wanted him back. We girls are complicated, but if you think about it, your girlfriend might just be testing how far she can go just stringing you along before you snap and decide to go your own way. I guarantee you if you told her you wanted to date other people to see if the relationship b/w the two of you was what YOU needed, she'll come to the relaization that she could potentially lose a good guy and that you have your own life to lead, instead of just following along in her footsteps. The instant my boyfriend showed me that side to him, I immediately went to him. Yeah I know that sounds crazy, but I'm just being honest with you. Sometimes you have to lose something good to realize how good it was in the first place. Good luck!
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Let the texts go.
    They are feelers to see if she can get emotional support without strings.
    There will probably be more.

She has to earn your respect now.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 29, 2007, 09:34 PM
    I just wrote a posts to a guy whose female did the same thing. When the mind games begin its time to go as this will only leave you confused and stuck trying to figure it out. You can't. But watch and listen and learn some stuff about the ex you never knew before and how far she will go. The key is to don't get caught in this emotional tug of war with her.

She has to earn your respect now.
    your girlfriend might just be testing how far she can go just stringing you along before you snap and decide to go your own way.
    You, in turn, can then decide whether you're going to take her back or not. Meanwhile, get out and date other people.
    Stop worrying about her, and her games, and decide what you want and how you want it.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Ouch... not all girls are like your ex. And as for texting her back, do it. Just do it... and maybe in a few days you randomly text her and if she says it was a NC deal, then be like you broke that deal first... and show that you no longer go by her rules.:)
    rrakesh85 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2010, 11:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Sweety View Post
    Totally true!
    100% Perfect...

Just give her a space and do your work , sure she ll come back... with a lovely smile and full of love...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

This is killing me! [ 2 Answers ]

I saw a motorolla commercial, for the red Krzr. The commercial was all digitally done/animated, of a red krazr popping up with red flashy backgrounds, doing various movements. What is killing me is the song that was playing! I cannot find the commercial on YouTube so it may be farely knew. Has...

My girl of 3 years has asked for space [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, mygirlfriend of 3 years has said she is not hapy and needs to go to her mums to sort her head out. We have lived together for 2 years and she has gone to her mums before about a year ago, but she came back. We don't really argue but we do bicker a lot about nothing and when she drinks at...

My Girlfriend asked for space [ 1 Answers ]

When I was in eigthgrade I became a very good friend of this girl, we always spoke to each other until the end of the year the next year we didn't spoke at all and then in 10th grade she came to me. I knew that she wanted something more than just friendship so asked her on a date and then asked her...

View more questions Search