Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 1, 2010, 11:20 PM
    I'm sorry you had to go through this, but there are procedures we have to follow. It takes time, and if the patient is not willing to wait the time and help us out, it can get hard.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2010, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pawster1 View Post
    In my book that is assault even if the law does or does not state it is. I was very rational though I just wanted to leave.
    Hello paw:

It might have been. Call the cops, and then hire a lawyer.

excon
    pawster1 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 08:56 AM

I fealt as though I was being held hostage or was in jail having to ask when I can or cannot leave. Being spoken to like a child, being told what to do when and where. Pour pain management. Among a other things. I completely understand the liability issue the hospital has though does it really take 13 hours to get an AMA? Regardless of the time, they can't psychically lay their hands on me or restrain me in any way. Can they? Disgruntled EMT,
    ~Pawster1

Jan 2, 2010, 08:59 AM
    This has been a month ago this past Thanksgiving. To still be thinking about the issue means to me there is something wrong with this whole picture.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2010, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pawster1 View Post
    This has been a month ago this past Thanksgiving. To still be thinking about the issue means to me there is something wrong with this whole picture.
    Hello again, p:

Apparently, you're a TALKER, and not a DOER. That's cool. We'll TALK all day.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 09:16 AM

Well it depends if your medical condition requires you to be restrained, we restrain patients every day, arm straps, leg and feet straps, chest straps, we have have straps that have locks on them to keep a patient from standing up and hurting thierself.

In some of our wards, the doors are secured and you need a code to get out the doors.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    well it depends if your medical condition requires you to be restrained, we restrain patients every day, arm straps, leg and feet straps, chest straps, we have have straps that have locks on them to keep a patient from standing up and hurting thierself.
    This is with a doctor's order only. Without an order this is assault and battery.
    Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    That is assault if the nurse, male OR female, laid his/her hands on you in that manner.

The hospital police aren't actually police, they are simply security guards. There must be more to this if they got security involved.

Depends on the hospital, many of the larger hospitals in Atlanta, the hosital police are "real" police the state issued them the right to have police just like a city or college has the right. Here in atlanta, at least 3 of our hospitals have real police not security guards.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2010, 09:30 AM

Hello again:

In terms of what they did, In my view, it doesn't matter whether they were REAL cops or just pretend. I have heard of REAL cops overstepping their boundary's. Haven't you?

excon
    Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 09:36 AM

But I have a lot of issues with the entie story, first a police officer would not have been standing by her door the entire time, why did they not merely just walk out if they were not getting anywhere and really wanted to leave. If this was not "in patient" they were in the ER then,
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2010, 09:51 AM
    But I have alot of issues with the entie story,
    Hello again, Padre:

We're on the same page.

excon

Jan 2, 2010, 10:45 AM
    But I have alot of issues with the entie story, first a police officer would not have been standing by her door the entire time, why did they not merley just walk out if they were not getting anywhere and really wanted to leave. If this was not "in patient" they were in the ER then,
    An officer was called, not standing there the entire time also it was voluntary inpatient not the ER.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 21yr.old son has a lump on his testicle how do I make him to go to the hospital? [ 8 Answers ]

He has had this lump for a couple years. He has gone from 185 to 125. We found out the other day that his bowel movement was full of blood. He is my only child and it will kill me if he dies. I can't convince him to go to the hospital and I don't think I can legally make him go. Please help as this...

What can I do to make her stay with me? [ 10 Answers ]

Ok me and my girlfriend have been dating for abut 3 years now and they were the best years ever and I mean I love her so dearly because she was my first everythinng even make out and lately we've been getting into some arguments and a few days ago she told me that she feels bored with our...

Can they make me stay? [ 17 Answers ]

I am in foster care In Michigan. I was put in the system when I was 17 years old. Because I was not put in care because of anything I did, I don't understand why I was put in care at an age that you are considered by law to be an adult. I am now turning 18 and I am pregnant. All I want to do is...

Deductible for hospital stay insurance policy [ 1 Answers ]

I know what a deductible is. But what is the term "20% coinsurance after hospital deductible" What is 20% coinsurance mean?? Also it mentions"20% coinsurance up to a out of pocket maximum per contracted year of $1,500.00

She is trying to make me stay away from her [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am in a love with a girl for past four months. Earlier she had liked a guy and expressed her feelings to him, but he did not accept her love as he was in love with another girl, she felt terribly hurt, she spent only 10 days with him, they hardly spent any time together apart from that guy...

View more questions Search