Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Nov 25, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Hello Red-Cartoon,

It really surprised me that you have good ideas about chinese muslims! Actually most chinese muslims lived in west of china! For chinese medias especially which were controlled by government,there are only good news positive reports from them,even there are bad things,they report in another way,confuse other peoples! I hope I won't get in troubles for saything like that! But that is true, and it is true as well that there is still terrorism in west of china which the place for muslims,they are violent,they are crime,they give other nations bad impression,maybe just because they live in an unpeaceful situation or maybe there is something related to their cultures!I don't know! People go there for travelling or something else,most of them show people good hospitality,but when they come out to other region,all of them give others very bad impression!as long as people see them,they stay away from them!why is that! They are wrong or "we" are wrong?
    red_cartoon Posts: 52, Reputation: 6

Nov 25, 2007, 08:33 PM
    To speak the truth, I have never been to any part of china. I had chances to meet several chinese people here and there. And there were some muslims too, and they were very nice people. That way I got a good impression about chinese muslims.

Why would your government try to present the muslims as good in the media ? Yours is not a muslim government, as far as I know.

About the ' they are wrong or "we" are wrong?" thing :
    I think there is a chance that both are wrong. May be there is a big misunderstanding. If you want to know what actually is going on, you should find someone who is a chinese muslim, in fact try to find someone who is a practicing muslim. Someone who knows what it really means. He or she will be able to clearify things much better than anyone else I think. I am not chinese, so I can only tell you about the general things applicable to all muslims.

Nov 25, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Ah, I just remembered one thing my chinese friend once said.

Is it true that other chinese people call the muslims 'Malay' ? My friend said, it hurts the muslims. Because muslim or not, any chinese man or woman likes to be called 'chinese'. Just being born as a muslim or converting to Islam does not makes him or her 'malay'. Because Islam is his/her religion, but by birth he/she is 'chinese'. That identity will never change whether he converts 100 times in 100 different religions in his life time or not.
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Nov 27, 2007, 01:01 AM
    I think everyone knows chinese medias are totally different from western medias,western medias can talk about anything,even bad things about governments,like you can make different kind of jokes about Bosh,but for chinese medias,they can't,and that's why we have no ideas about anythings of chinese governors(even they were impeached,we common people still can't get the details),and chinese medias normally only presents good things about chinese or chinese muslims!there is little negative reports!
    I never heard other chinese people called the muslims "malay" as "malay" is totally different from muslims and chinese people!
    You know for my chinese muslims friends,when we first met,they show us unbelievable hospitality,treated us very well!but as long as get along with them,you will feel disappointed as they are changed so much,so different from the person you first met!confused me!
    If you know well people live in north of china which close to Beijing! You will know that well,people of north china always focus on fame ang gain,maybe I should say they pay much more attention to that!when they first meet you,study with you,work with you!they treat you well overwhelmingly,but as time pass by,they found you are useless for them,then they will show you another attitudes!even the students of norht china and south china are different!
    Sorry,it seems my words are too far away from the points!

Nov 27, 2007, 01:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmine_rezzag
    I never heard other chinese people called the muslims "malay" as "malay" is totally different from muslims and chinese people!
    Neither did I experienced something in person, I just told you something I came to know from a friend, his name is Ye. It is possible that someone teased him saying 'malay' and he got angry.

I think everyone knows chinese medias are totally different from western medias...
    Forget the media. Almost all the news presented by the media all over the world are edited, censored, fabricated or rigged in any other way. Does not matter whether it is western media or eastern. Who needs media if people from different places can talk to each other over forums like these.

you know for my chinese muslims friends,when we first met,they show us unbelievable hospitality,treated us very well!but as long as get along with them,you will feel disappointed as they are changed so much,so different from the person you first met!confused me!
    I am confused too. It sounds more like a mystery story plot than a travel story. ( joking ) . Its hard to tell what actually went wrong without being in there myself. So I would not comment on it.

sorry,it seems my words are too far away from the points!
    May be far from the points, but you pointed out an interesting fact. China is a big place my friend, hosting almost one fifth of the earth's population. There is supposed to be some friction among people of north and south and east and west. It's all part of life.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 06:26 AM
    I'm moving this thread to religious discussions, because it's become more that than a discussion on Adult Sexuality.

Great discussion, though!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayman
    Or being whipped for being RAPED??? ?

read this! This I'm sorry does nothing for some cultures.....
    Xrayman,
    I have been waiting for someone to take up this headline that's being doing the rounds on the news recently.
    You might like to read the following link,which is the correct ruling in cases of rape.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...t%20for%20rape
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    And if Christian and Jewish men and women are truly devoult and follow the teachigns of thier religion, they do not have sex before marriage either and the girls are virgins ( as well as the men) when they get married.

This is the way it is suppose to be for all of the Islamic, Christian and Jewish faiths. If our nation was controled by one religion and did not have freedom from religion, it may still be that way,
    In some cultures the loose non moral mental attitude has not developed well yet. Also the idea of being killed for adultry is a fairly strong motifvation not to.
    Such a discussion. I was just reminded that the western definition of a heathen or pagan is anyone not Islamic, Christian or Jewish. I prefer the desultory title of pagan or heathen to being associated with a religion that is the "only way."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

True or Not True about Breast Cancer and plastic bottle water in left a car [ 8 Answers ]

I had this conversation with one of my co-works today regarding Breast Cancer. She told me that you women can get breast cancer by bottle water left in a car. I don't believe it. Is there anyone who can answer this question please?

What is true/not true about linked genes? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to clarify concepts in genetics about linked genes. I know that linked genes are located on the same chromosome and they always segregated together during meiosis and always separate during crossing over, right? And is the recombination frequency actually reprsent the distance between...

This is true [ 11 Answers ]

Is that a radiation shield in your shorts, or are you just glad to see me? A Swiss clothing company has generated a buzz in the blogosphere by coming out with a line of underwear beefed up with silver threads to protect a guy’s private parts from cellphone radiation. I thought the main...

Is it true that [ 4 Answers ]

If you drink 8 or more glasses of water a day, that you will lose weight?

The one true me [ 15 Answers ]

The short time I have been on this site has taught me so very much. I also do feel all of your pain and wish to the heavens it would disappear for all of you. Tal said something incredible yesterday (when doesn't he :), that just really struck me. It was about knowing who you truly are. So, it...

View more questions Search