Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pugasaurus Posts: 65, Reputation: -4

Nov 11, 2011, 08:22 PM
    As I told you before I have a hard time w/ concentration. People have told me driving is easy when their the ones always getting in crashes. Driving to me takes the most concentration a person can possibly have. One little mistake could very easily cost you your own life. Yes I may be obsessed with this driving business but I have a right to be. I don't know what to do to get around and I need people's advice.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 11, 2011, 08:24 PM
    Do you live in a rural area? A village? A city?

How have you gotten around for 19 years?

You're apparently able to concentrate on video games.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2011, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pugasaurus View Post
    As I told you before I have a hard time w/ concentration. People have told me driving is easy when their the ones always getting in crashes. Driving to me takes the most concentration a person can possibly have. One little mistake could very easily cost you your own life. Yes I may be obsessed with this driving business but I have a right to be. I don't know what to do to get around and I need people's advice.

You keep getting advice. You just ignore it.

I am having more and more difficulty believing you are 19 and a college student.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 12, 2011, 08:13 AM
    So you have a fear of driving, not a physical disability that stops you from driving ?

So have you ever took driving lessons, tried to learn to drive?
    pugasaurus Posts: 65, Reputation: -4

Nov 12, 2011, 08:14 AM
    Dear JudyKayTee
    If you do not believe I'm 19 then don't believe it.
    I have been getting around by other people driving me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 12, 2011, 08:17 AM
    Why don't you drive, you are just saying you can't, why can't you
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 17, 2011, 09:31 AM
    I used to live a large urban city, I had my own car, but most days I used to walk or take the bus, yes even to get groceries. It used to be faster, no parking fees and it saved on pollution. If you told us more about your disability than maybe we can offer more advice on the situation.

My daughter's father doesn't drive, and he still doesn't, it did not deter me away from dating him. Like I said we lived in an urban area where we could walk, bus, subway or cab. I used to live in a smaller city and bus system wasn't very reliable, so yes I had to pay for a taxi everyday. If you have to be at work at 6 you call your cab at 5. You learn to know how fast they can get to you and you learn the traffic patterns. You can also have a cab set up to pick you up at such and such a time every day you have to work. There's always a way around things, you just have to look for it.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 19, 2011, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pugasaurus View Post
    Maybe you should try a different approach and try it with a scooter. You might like it. And having the wind roll over you will help keep you aware. If your problem is concentration then it may change with the mode you choose. Plus being on a scooter your less likely to be stressed about wiping out anything but yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm dateing a woman on line from ghana accra. How can I find out if she is who she say [ 4 Answers ]

Threads merged I'm dateing a woman from on line dateing site, and I want to know if I can find all about this person. What must I do.

Has any woman lost their sex drive after child birth [ 11 Answers ]

My wife had our first daughter almost 9 years ago. After her birth my wife has lost her sex drive. She still has not got it back. We talk about it but it is very hard for me. It feels like I am living with a roommate not my wife. We have a good relationship but will it ever come back. She has...

No Sex Drive (woman) [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 36 yrs old and have no sex drive. It is putting a big strain on my marriage. I don't know why I don't have the feelings I used to have. We have 7 children and have been married for almost 20 yrs. I want sex but when it comes down to it I can't bring myself to have it.I love my husband more then...

View more questions Search