Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 10, 2006, 03:59 PM
    Okay, I have given it another go... just for some input.

First... I don't care that when you sign in you are taken immediately to the "My Profile" page. I personally could care less about my profile unless there is something I want to change. I, along with quite a few I believe, could really care about the "greenies" and the responses we receive. If we care, we can check them on our own rather than having to be directed there when we initially sign in. I really thought that this was the general consensus. I was under the impression that most preferred to go to "New Posts" first. With this new "skin" we are not given that option that I can see easily.

Second, I think that the opening page that lists all of the subjects is more user friendly than the option we are given currently.

I am one that is happy we are given the chance to go back to the "default" as I, for one, believe this new format, or skin, if you want to call it that, is way too demanding on the eyes, and way too confusing to figure out.
    Roel Zylstra Posts: 84, Reputation: 14
    Tech entrepreneur, perpetual student,lover of life

Oct 10, 2006, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzkid89
    Admin I suppose you designed it, and there really are only a few things that bother me, they are very minor, but I might be able to give some advice. First answer this question please, were you using Dreamweaver?
    I actually did not design the new skin, although the links, verbage, and functionality are mine. The new graphics were design by Sheldon over at www.vbskinz.com with Photoshop. As I've mentioned elsewhere, ideally I would like to tone down the brightness of the site and add some weight via shading. I'd be interested in hearing your feedback.
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Oct 10, 2006, 04:48 PM
    I think it's good that you try and tone down the brightness, and add weight, also you may want to use a different color background behind the topics in order to sort of make it stand out, and try picking a milder tone. I think if you just changed the background of the subjects/topic's box, you wouldn't have to change much else in the form of brightness. I also think it will draw attention to the obviously most important feature about the site, and it would seem more user-friendly... that's it for now
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2006, 05:30 PM
    Being a creature of habit, I was glad to find I could go back to default. Funny how I was just telling myself the other night how pleasant the webpages appeared, then, bam!

I did not need a light on in the room at 5 AM. My eye, eyes!

Announcement? Oops missed that.

My comments are they same as already mentioned. I did really did not care for the pages that appears from the ANSWER button, page after page of posts with no answers, got up to page 15 till it said what I was looking for did not exist. This is what I think J9 was referring to.

I had to go back to the forum I just posted an answer to to see my post.

Toning down the color brightness may help, what is lacking is contrast of color. Besides the color and brightness, the feel is certainly different. Too soon for me to offer any suggestions, but, if I get the guts I will go back and try it a bit more.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2006, 05:48 PM
    Yes, I don't see well and had a lot of trouble with the newer "skin"

I have already changed my back

Perhaps the choice to change the color for the skin to be more personal choice.
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Oct 10, 2006, 11:26 PM
    I like the fresher look make no mistakes about it, and I honestly like the new asked questions on the side of the page, I answered about 5 in a row, and it really made answering questions quite easy, and I could see things I could help in without having to search through the different subjects, eitherway I think changing the color, like I said before, would go a long way.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2006, 11:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Why not?
    As J_9 said, I find it too bright too.
    And also most link are not where they used to be, and I'm just so used to how it was and never found any problems with it that I don't see why there any need to change it. How it was, was great, very user friendly. The new one isn't :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lift generated by rotation [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to calculate the lift caused by rotation of a cylinder in a flow of air? We could define the cylinder as being 14ft long, 6ft wide and rotating at 10,000rpm Airflow could be anything above 10mph

High lift blond [ 1 Answers ]

I have a level 4 and trying to achieve a level 10 or 11 with tint. I am trying to achieve an ash blond and have had results in the past. I am pulling orange or warm tones. I currently use 2/3 40 volume to 1/3 color (8), plus 2 parts blue. This past time I added just a bid of power bleach to the...

Should I lift weights? [ 8 Answers ]

Im 29 year old woman who is overweight. I've been doing cardio 4-5 times a week and have not really had any great results now. I lost 15 pounds in 3 months but I still look pretty much the same. I'm startting to give up since my results are minimal. I've heard that weight training gives the...

Aerodynamic lift [ 1 Answers ]

When a high wind blows across the roof of a house an upward force acts on the roof. Explain why? THANK YOU... THANK YOU!?

View more questions Search