Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Dec 17, 2012, 06:24 PM
    The age of a home doesn't really have much to do with whether a spirit can be there or not. They aren't human spirits anyway. Spirits can and do attach to items such as furniture, this is one possible explanation.. but I doubt it. Sometimes spirits simply "drop in" and plan on staying.

This isn't something you can scare off either. If you're Catholic and feel more comfortable speaking to a priest, do so... but make sure he knows what he needs to do, and that is NOT a home blessing. The denomination doesn't matter, it's whether the pastor or priest understands spiritual warfare... that is why I typically will recommend going to a Full Gospel church.

Regardless, you need to speak to someone one on one who can more accurately look into what is going on more so than us out here in internet land.
    Bug sufferer Posts: 49, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2012, 04:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    Again, relgious relects and symbols don't mean ANYTHING without the reality behind them. God isn't something you just invoke when it suits your situation.

It's not IF you believe in God...it's HOW you believe in Him. The book of James said that even demons believe in God...and tremble. It's what you do with that belief. If you think just being "Catholic" is enough to scare a spirit away you are fooling yourself. It's not your belief that makes you a Christian, it's your actions and your heart. Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with God. In that relationship, and ONLY in that relationship are we promised protection and authority over such spirits.
    WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT IT WAS A SUGGESTION AND HOW IS SHE USING IT WHEN IT SUITS HER IF SHE'S CATHOLIC. I thought this website was a clever idea when I first came on here but some people are so ignorant rude and just plain stupid. Its frustrating, lots of people who are catholic or christian where a cross that isn't using it when it suits u.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Dec 22, 2012, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug sufferer View Post
    WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT IT WAS A SUGGESTION AND HOW IS SHE USING IT WHEN IT SUITS HER IF SHE'S CATHOLIC. I thought this website was a clever idea when I first came on here but some people are so ignorant rude and just plain stupid. Its frustrating, lots of people who are catholic or christian where a cross that isnt using it when it suits u.
    There is a difference between wearing a cross and using one (or a bible) to try and scare off spirits. My point was, Catholic or Protestant, that is now how those things work. This is a great website... and it can be used for others to offer many different viewpoints on a subject. However, ignorant advice is bad advice and when I come across it I will try my best to correct it.

I'm not here to "force" my opinions on anyone... my viewpoint is of the Biblical sort and when I see the information misused or offered incorrectly I will step in. In the end it is up to the poster of the question to decide what choices they wish to make in their situations.

Dec 23, 2012, 11:10 PM
    Wearing a cross and using one?
    Well I'm a christian and I might not wear a cross but I see know problem in a christian or catholic wearing a cross in fact I think iy would be ridiculous for someone to weae a cross who wasn't religious. Its not about forcing your opinion its about expressing your opinion and RESPECTINGother people's opinion.

Dec 23, 2012, 11:13 PM
    *no problem

Dec 23, 2012, 11:21 PM
    You said the house was new but what about the land the house was built on. When I was 2-3 I used to talk about a lady in my room. My mum in the end couldn't stand it and sold the house, bt are house was new. My mum looked into the history of where it was built and it was built over a 18th - 17th century graveyard. It might still be worth looking into what was there before. X

Dec 23, 2012, 11:33 PM
    Also have you ever asked her what he's wearing, it might give you some idea. My mum said I used to go into a lot of detail about her dress, and that's what linked it to the graveyard. X
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2012, 12:24 AM
    Given that you are Catholic, I would recommend that you speak to a priest. While I am personally skeptical of ghosts in this case, I am in the midst of helping a priest friend to edit a dissertation he is writing about exorcism. Every diocese has a priest assigned to dealing with spiritual problems from concerns about bad spirits, evil spirits in a household and other elements of demons and possession and they can help you from the context of your faith. They are also generally pretty good at discerning when something more ordinary is going on and can help in those circumstances as well. Just calling and speaking to your local parish priest could help a lot and would not cost anything either, which is always helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think a spirit tried to hurt me through my dream. And I'm too scared to sleep [ 10 Answers ]

I can't tell if I was dreaming or awake because I was awake at part of this, All I remember is I was dreaming about something random then I feel pressure at my ankles and my arms and on my face and it was pushing me down so hard and I tried to look and all I saw was a flowy part of a dark shadow...

1.5 year old boxer pooping and peeing in house because he is mad? [ 89 Answers ]

I have a boxer that I cannot stand. I am home with him with two kids and do not have a fence for him to go run. I want to get rid of him because it is me having to deal with him. I have told my fiancé I am really stressed out and need a fence or an electric fence my friend would sell for really...

6 year old scared of trying new foods [ 5 Answers ]

HI, I have a six year old that is terrified of trying new foods. He currently only wants to eat french fries, pizza with everything scraped off, corn, only if its on the cob, and noodles with butter. He doesn't want to try anything sweet ( including candy), but he will eat potato chips and things...

View more questions Search