Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 08:24 AM
    P.S. Marion Barry doesn't like Asians in his neighborhood.

“We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops," he said at an April 3rd campaign event. "They ought to go. I’m going to say that right now."
    Oh wait, he explained that wasn't racism, it's "culturism." That must be what you mean by the "palpable difference" in the left's rhetoric and the right's. Them Asians "ought to go" is "culturism" while criticizing Obama's policies is "racism." Am I right?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2012, 08:29 AM
    And Marion Barry is the spokeman for who again? LOL, he is one big screw-up... that gets re-elected!
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    And Marion Barry is the spokeman for who again? LOL, he is one big screw-up...that gets re-elected!
    Oh, so unless one is a "spokeman" (that would be "spokesman" I think) they're irrelevant. Thanks for pointing out the irrelevance of Ted Nugent's remarks.
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2012, 08:38 AM
    I agree that Ted Nugent is irrelevant, he's trying hard to be though. There are no lack of screwy people in the US - I know you'll find the ones that make your point :-) And I guess they become representative of the US in a way.

I also agree that my typing sucks LOL.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 09:13 AM
    Marion Barry was mayor of DC for 16 years and is currently a city council member in our nation's capitol, so he IS an elected representative.
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2012, 09:16 AM
    Pretty sure he doesn't represent the left or the right, he's in his own little screwed world.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 09:26 AM
    True he is, but the guy I mentioned first represents this country. Should he get a pass?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2012, 12:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Thanks for pointing out the irrelevance of Ted Nugent's remarks.
    Hello again, Steve:

Let me see. He was speaking an an NRA event. He had a microphone and an audience. Given the above, it LOOKS like he's a spokesman for the NRA. They wouldn't give ME a microphone, or you either..

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 01:01 PM
    Hello ex,

Let me see, Teamsters president Jimmy Hoffa said this at a Labor Day rally to warm up the crowd prior the address by the President of the United States:

“We are going to hear from President Obama in a few minutes, and I am so glad that he has come to Michigan because this is where he sees the real America. He looks out on this army of people and you know what I say? President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. President Obama, we want one thing: Jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs…

That’s what we are going to tell America….. When he sees what we are doing here, he will be inspired, but he needs help. And you know what? Everybody here has got a vote. If we go back, we keep the eye on the prize, lets take these sons-of-b*tches out and give America back to America where we belong."
    I believe the left would call that "militaristic" and "threatening" to say the least had it been Nugent warming up a crowd for the last president. But a Teamster president rallying the troops for President Obama, with a microphone and an audience? That's just some of that speech that will be exempted under the newly amended first amendment, right?
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 01:35 PM
    Speaking of the Civil War and unions, an Indiana union is invoking a violation of the Thirteenth Amendment in its lawsuit against Gov. Daniels over the Right to Work law. From Page 27 of the complaint:

“In this case, the Defendants have exacted compulsory service and/or involuntary servitude from the Union through the combination of the passage of the Right to Work law and the existing federal requirement of the duty of fair representation. Through these laws, the Union is compelled to furnish services to all persons in bargaining units that it represents, but it may not require payment for those services because of the Right to Work law. The statute also requires dues-paying union members to work alongside non-union personnel, and that is compulsory service and-or involuntary servitude within the meaning of the Thirteenth Amendment.”
    Apparently not only is working side-by-side with a non-union member slavery, the union is now a slave because it is forced to represent non-union members. But of course, compulsory membership and coerced union dues are the definition of freedom I'm sure.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 01:44 PM
    And isn't this precious? Occupy Portland protesters wish they had guns (content warning).

If I had a f–king AK right now…

I have a solution dude, let’s go get guns.
    Meanwhile, OccupyMay1st.org has a nice image on its website file-named “rainbowunicorncopkillwsa," of a unicorn with a cop's head in its mouth and blood spewing from the headless body.

More of that "palpable difference" in rhetoric for you.
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2012, 02:48 PM
    More of that "palpable difference" in rhetoric for you.
    Hello again, Steve:

I know I am, but what are you?

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

I know I am, but what are you?

excon
    You know you're what? I'm a peaceful conservative. I don't threaten to "take these sons of b*tches out" at the President's rally, consider working next to a non-union member "slavery," wish I had an effing AK or proudly display bloody images of headless cops.
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2012, 03:19 PM
    California Highway Gunman Byron Williams Aimed for "Revolution," Say Cops - Crimesider - CBS News
    targeted workers at the American Civil Liberties Union and the Tides Foundation, said Oakland police Sgt. Michael Weisenberg in court documents.

Officer Jeff Thomason, an Oakland police spokesman, claimed Williams targeted the two nonprofit organizations because of their political ideologies. The Tides Foundation works to advance progressive social change, according to its Web site.
    I-580 shootout suspect mad at left-wing politics
    A 45-year-old parolee, described by his mother as angry at left-wing politicians, opened fire on California Highway Patrol officers on an Oakland freeway early Sunday and was hit by return fire while wearing body armor, authorities said.
    Shooter Wearing Bulletproof Vest Guns Down 3 Pittsburgh Officers, Upset Over Losing Job | Fox News
    A gunman wearing a bulletproof vest and "lying in wait" opened fire on officers responding to a domestic disturbance call Saturday, killing three of them and turning a quiet Pittsburgh street into a battlefield, police said.

Poplawski feared "the Obama gun ban that's on the way" and "didn't like our rights being infringed upon," said Edward Perkovic, his best friend.
    Also: http://www.harikari.com/politics/rig...democrats.html
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2012, 06:27 AM
    Let's see, a lone wacko from 2010, a guy in 2009 that lost his job under Obama's economy whose "motive for the shooting isn't clear" and a link to a blog entry from 2010 titled "Right Wing Wackos Want to Kill Democrats?" This proves what exactly? Which of these like Hoffa, Obama and the self-proclaimed guardians of "the 99 percent" represent someone?
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2012, 06:35 AM
    It obviously shows that republicans want to kill their foes... c'mon.
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2012, 06:41 AM
    Hello again,

I give up. If the only answer you got is to point out a$$hole left wingers, then we might as well stop here. You think it's tit for tat. It isn't. Here's a secret. You have LOOK for nuances, Steve.. They don't jump out and bonk you on the head... But, nuances AIN'T a right wing thing.

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2012, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    It obviously shows that republicans want to kill their foes...c'mon.
    I know a LOT of Republicans and not a one of them wants to kill liberals. C'mon. I want to beat the living daylights out of excon and Tal in fantasy baseball, but after that we can go have a beer and chill. Sound good?
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2012, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

I give up. If the only answer you got is to point out a$$hole left wingers, then we might as well stop here. You think it's tit for tat. It isn't. Here's a secret. You have LOOK for nuances, Steve.. They don't jump out and bonk you on the head... But, nuances AIN'T a right wing thing.

Excon
    Ex, I'm a musician. I know nuance.

Dude, it's never been about tit for tat. But while you're busy trying to convince me about 'nuances' on the right you're brushing off in your face hatred on the left. To you guys the same thing is defined differently depending on how it affects you. Jonah Goldberg explained it:

My complaint isn’t about distractions, it’s about the press’s tendency to treat controversies that help Republicans as “distractions” and ones that hurt Republicans as Very Serious Issues.
    Nugent is a distraction, not a "Very Serious Issue." Just like the manufactured "war on women."
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2012, 07:36 AM
    I know a LOT of Republicans and not a one of them wants to kill liberals.
    Same goes with liberals versus conservatives, so stop digging up the wackos, it serves no purpose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civil WAr [ 5 Answers ]

What was the greatest problem in the united states after the civil war?

Civil war [ 3 Answers ]

What kinds of jobs did they have in the civiil war?:)

Civil war [ 1 Answers ]

What was the capital of the north and the south during the civil war?:confused:

Civil War [ 1 Answers ]

The 'North' and the 'South' were not different nations. I'd base my argument around defining a nation (no easy job). Then, go onto who benefits from calling it "War of aggression"? it’s a highly emotive name. In what ways did events fit that description? And Who benefits from calling it...

View more questions Search