Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 15, 2009, 06:19 PM

Okay, I got around to reading it.

Here's what I see. She gave everything to you, her body, her mind, her soul and her heart. You didn't feel the same way and slowly but surely pushed her away from you.

Now that she's moved on, you've had a epiphany. My God, you actually love this woman. Or do you? Is it possible you only want her because she no longer wants you, she's found someone else?

Stop torturing her. You tortured here through your relationship, now you're torturing her when she's doing her best to move on.

Harshness time. You don't deserve her. You never did.

Remember, if you love something, set it free, if it comes back to you, then it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was.

You're only thinking about yourself, just like you did all through your relationship with her.

Think about her for a change. Let her go. Let her be happy.

As for you, No contact. Will you love again? Possibly, but first you have to stop thinking only about yourself.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 15, 2009, 10:49 PM

I have mixed feelings about this.

I don't think that the relationship broke up and she was surprised. Most likely she would have been quite tuned in, and knew when you had serious doubts about your future together. Things wouldn't have been 'quite right'.

That may be why she had prepared for more time than you think, for the inevitable breakup, and rebounded so quickly with another boyfriend.

She believed what you said, felt it was not a balanced relationship, and accepted that it was over.

That being said, I do believe that you have changed as a person. Sometimes it takes a loss to realize what and who are important in your life. When you look at life with a broader perspective, you see things in a different way.

How you regard her now, is likely how you realize you should have before.

It is what it is. If there is a shot at winning her back, it will be entirely up to her, but, you have given her truth and been honest about how you have changed.

I would simply ask her. Lay the cards on the table, and go for it. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

If she says no, then respect her wishes, and realize that nothing else will work to win her back.

If she says yes, well, I sincerely hope it works out for the two of you.

Either way, I hope you find your answer one way or the other, and soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She has to be happy in order to make me happy. [ 20 Answers ]

Around August 5th of last year, my girlfriend and I broke up for the first time. We spent the next two months on and off.. until we got back together in early October. Things have been great since then... until the last couple of days. I sensed that something was wrong, and today it was confirmed....

She wants me to be "happy" yet won't take me back [ 1 Answers ]

Im not going to contact her... like I said. But here's another idea ID appreciate a response to... I love fishing... I was thinking about buying a little flats boat... of course texted her about it.. she said CONGRATS! Then two days later I talked to her and she said that I was just doing that to...

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

View more questions Search