Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 03:05 PM

Your mother loves you. No matter what.

Sure they'll be shocked, they may even be angry at first, but I do think they'll come around.

The sooner you tell them the better. You don't need the fear weighing on your mind. Also, if you wait, they'll probably be upset that you didn't tell them sooner.

Start prenatal vitamins right away, it's best for your baby. Also, make an appointment with your doctor, to confirm pregnancy and to make sure you're doing the things you need to do to make sure you and baby stay healthy.

Remind your boyfriend that this child is his too, you didn't make it on your own so of course he has to support you and the child you're carrying.

I know you're scared, but you'll be a mom soon, wouldn't you want to know if your child needs you? I'm sure your parents do too.
    cllockhart Posts: 94, Reputation: 4

Dec 8, 2009, 03:11 PM

I have already been to the doctor, that's how I found out. Quite a shock going in for a pap smear and finding out I'm expecting. The only thing that he told me is I need to come in twice in one week to check my hcg levels and to get an initial ultrasound. He also told me to make sure that I start taking a multivitamin.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 03:18 PM

Make your decision wisely.
    If you A) Decide on having an abortion. It will haunt you. I know firsthand. My girlfriend and I aborted a child when we were 18 or so. I think of it often. Even MORE now that I have two young sons. And I am 47.

It was ultimately her decision, and I supported her.

Or B) Have the child, and put it up for adoption. You will be haunted by this choice also. You will always wonder where your child is, and if it is being loved the way you would.

And then C) Have the child, and experience the greatest joy of all. Yes, having a child is a huge responsibility, but it will also fill your heart with so much love.

The first two options will literally take a piece of your heart and soul.

It's not like I am trying to convince you to GET pregnant, you already ARE pregnant, and I am trying to help you make a choice that you can LIVE with.

Every day people your age have children. And they make it work.

No, it wasn't in your plans, but here you are.

As far as telling your parents, we don't know them, and don't know how they are going to react. But they too will have to live with the hand that has been dealt.

I say tell them. The sooner the better.

I hope everything works out for you.

May God bless you and your child.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Your mother loves you. No matter what.

Sure they'll be shocked, they may even be angry at first, but I do think they'll come around.

The sooner you tell them the better. You don't need the fear weighing on your mind. Also, if you wait, they'll probably be upset that you didn't tell them sooner.

Start prenatal vitamins right away, it's best for your baby. Also, make an appointment with your doctor, to confirm pregnancy and to make sure you're doing the things you need to do to make sure you and baby stay healthy.

Remind your boyfriend that this child is his too, you didn't make it on your own so of course he has to support you and the child you're carrying.

I know you're scared, but you'll be a mom soon, wouldn't you want to know if your child needs you? I'm sure your parents do too.
    Can't rep you Alty but I could not agree more ! Parents are not just there for us during the good times,the love of a parent is unconditional and they will come around!

Dec 10, 2009, 04:48 PM

Now that the shock is gone, I am extremely excited! I now can not wait!

Now come the actually pregnancy questions...

My breasts are starting to swell now but I noticed today that my nipples are completely white from time to time. Is this normal? I also squeezed one nipple a tiny bit and a small amount of discharge came out. I just want to make sure this is all normal or if I should be worried about anything.

I am glad I am finally having symptoms now though because now I actually feel pregnant and can start getting excited!

Dec 11, 2009, 09:13 PM

If anyone has any response to my last question, I would greatly appreciate an answer. I am just wanting to make sure everything is normal!

Thanks in advance!
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 09:34 PM

Don't be paranoid, check with your doctor, but I'm sure you'e fine. THe important thing is not to stress too much and eat as healthy as you can, also, take your vitamins, they're good for you! And drink lots of milk!

Dec 12, 2009, 08:30 AM

What about amnio? Would it be a good idea to get this procedure. I know I need to ask my doctor all these questions but my appointment is not till next week and I am getting really excited and am wanting to figure everything out NOW! :-) If I do choose to do amnio, when would this procedure be done?
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2009, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cllockhart View Post
    What about amnio? Would it be a good idea to get this procedure. I know I need to ask my doctor all these questions but my appointment is not till next week and I am getting really excited and am wanting to figure everything out NOW!! :-) If I do choose to do amnio, when would this procedure be done?
    I wouldn't got too anxious about it, if you do decide to get it done, you might have to wait till a certain time of your pregnancy to do it. I suggest you just wait for your doctor to tell you what's best, in case you end up getting misinformation elsewhere (we try our very best not to do that here) It's good that you're excited, but be a little more patient, you've got months and months of having this child grow inside of you, that's plenty of time to treat it properly before it's born.

Good luck. :) I hope everything goes well for you. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cllockhart View Post
    What about amnio? Would it be a good idea to get this procedure. I know I need to ask my doctor all these questions but my appointment is not till next week and I am getting really excited and am wanting to figure everything out NOW!! :-) If I do choose to do amnio, when would this procedure be done?
    Well, I'm the next best thing to a doctor here. I am an RN in labor, delivery and women's health. If I can't answer your questions I will refer you to your doctor.

Okay... the nipple discharge is normal. It's call colostrum and the healthiest thing for the baby if you breastfeed.

Amnio? Why? You don't need it at your age unless there are some serious medical problems in your family. It is a very serious procedure that carries a lot of risks. Not only am I a nurse, but I also had an amnio. This is not recommended for women under 35 years of age or you or the father of the baby have some risk factors.

The amniocentesis is typically done somewhere between the 16th and the 20th week of pregnancy. I had mine at 18 weeks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 04:35 PM
    Also, make sure you are taking prenatal vitamins now. You can get them over the counter and don't need a prescription any more. They lower the risk of certain birth anomalies such as spina bifida.
    Ellie1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2009, 04:41 PM
    I have Also just found out I'm pregnant and even though I am married, for one month it is still a massive shock. Don't assume all these feelings are just related to you age and situation. I am 30 and still feel like a child so cannot believe it. I was terrified for the first couple of days and could only imagine the worst case scenario to everything, however with time I feel better. Sometimes when there is something so massive like this in front of you I think you have to trust fate or god depending on your belief and know that everything happens for a reason. Good luck honey x
    Ellie12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2009, 04:43 PM
    I have Also just found out I'm pregnant and even though I am married, for one month it is still a massive shock. Don't assume all these feelings are just related to you age and situation. I am 30 and still feel like a child so cannot believe it. I was terrified for the first couple of days and could only imagine the worst case scenario to everything, however with time I feel better. Sometimes when there is something so massive like this in front of you I think you have to trust fate or god depending on your belief and know that everything happens for a reason. Good luck honey x

Dec 15, 2009, 07:43 PM

I go into get my first sonogram tomorrow! I am now right around 6 1/2 to 7 weeks. What exactly will this ultrasound show? I know that my doctor wants to check exactly how far along I am, but I already know exactly how far I am... Since the only time that I could have possibly conceived was Halloween. So I am just wondering what I will learn from this ultrasound? I am so excited for it though!

Dec 16, 2009, 06:51 PM

My ultrasound tech told me today that I am farther along than I could possibly be. I was just curious how accurate a sonogram is for detecting how far along a pregnancy is and the due date?
    jdw123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2009, 07:21 PM

Well I think that since you have ruled out abortion you can wait 8 months to make you decision you might change you mind from adoption to keeping him/her and back one hundred times before you make your deicsion but I really don't think you will be able to make up your mind until you hold you child in your arms

Dec 16, 2009, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jdw123 View Post
    well i think that since you have ruled out abortion you can wait 8 months to make you decision you might change you mind from adoption to keeping him/her and back one hundred times before you make your deicsion but i really dont think you will be able to make up your mind until you hold you child in your arms
    I have definitely made the decision to keep the baby! I spoke to my parents and they are supporting me 100%. They want a grandchild and even though the timing is off neither of us could deal with adoption.
    kayasmommy4109 Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Dec 17, 2009, 11:07 AM

I am happy your parents are there for you! And I think keeping your baby is a wonderful decision! No one can love your child like you! Congrads
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Dec 17, 2009, 04:45 PM

Congratulations! To answer your question, the ultrasound could be off by a little, but not too much. They are pretty accurate.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 17, 2009, 04:49 PM

The ultrasound age goes off the weight, length and development of the fetus. It could be off, but usually not overly so.

Having said that, my last ultrasound with my son, 1 week before he was born, said that he'd be over 9 pounds. One week later he was born at 8 pounds 2 1/2 ounces, so yes, it can be off. Keep in mind that this was over 11 years ago. Technology is better now. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Just Got an IUD and Found out I'm pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I Just put an IUD in 2 days ago. They asked me at the doctors if I was pregnant and I said no. Later the thought occurred to me that I really might be pregnant because no birth control is 100% effective. I took a test today and it was positive. 2 months ago I became pregnant and had a...

I found out that I am pregnant! [ 4 Answers ]

Hey! I'm 14. ok so yeah i found out that i am pregnant. Im not as worried as i thought i would be even though i am really scared to tell my parents. My boyfriend is really nervous and really scared to tell his parents also. I think i am going to tell my dad this upcoming thursday. (me and my...

Found Very pregnant dog! [ 50 Answers ]

Hi I found a very very pregnant dog on Saturday April 5. I think she is some type of terrier - maybe a rat terrier? We have brought her home because we did not want to leave her on the street or be picked up by the pound. We think that someone dropped her off by the road because she is so...

Just found out I am pregnant. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone... I am 21 years old and just found out last night that I am pregnant. This obviously wasn't a planned pregnancy. How do I tell my boyfriend? I am worried and scared. Not to even think what my parents will say... Thank you for your comments.

Just found out that I'm pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Just found out I'm pregnant, but unsure when I had my last period. My belly is quite bloated, I've been more hungry than usual. When I sqeeze my nipples as there is white dots on my nipple, I have clear fluid come out, I didn't think you have this until later pregnancy. This is my fourth pregnancy....

View more questions Search