Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 04:17 PM
    okies - so Pete and I attended parent craft tonight, which was quite fun and educational - made us able to decide on a few things together! After we had a good chat about random things - had a giggle and just generally enjoyed eachothers company!. 1hr & half later I received a text, it was from Pete asking me if I would like to go round his for a meal on Friday!. I have accepted and if honest (wwithout getting hopes too high) I AM OVER THE MOON WITH EXCITEMENT... but remaining calm and dignified with it!. ALL OPINIONS WELCOME!
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ 'H'
    okies - so Pete and I attened parent craft tonight, which was quite fun and educational - made us able to decide on a few things together! After we had a good chat about random things - had a giggle and just generally enjoyed eachothers company! ... 1hr & half later I received a text, it was from Pete asking me if I would like to go round his for a meal on Friday! ... I have accepted and if honest (wwithout getting hopes too high) I AM OVER THE MOON WITH EXCITEMENT .... but remaining calm and dignified with it!!!! ... ALL OPINIONS WELCOME!
    Great Holly. Really great.
    He seems to be really coming along and I think it is all to do with how you have been handling him and the whole situation.

There has been no pressure. You seem like you have been nothing but fun and happy around him and overall have just dealt with this so magnificently that well that perhaps he is starting to wonder what a great person he let go.

But I too hope you don't get your hopes too high just yet and continue to go down the path you have been.

It is nice to hear though. And a little exciting.
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 04:39 PM
    Thanks Skell - I could not have done it wihtout the support of everyone here at AMHD. I will not deny how hardwork it has been being patient with Pete - but it has proven to me that you do have to make some sacrifices and just do what needs to be done in order to get what you want out of life; it requires, hardwork, perservence, patience and above all else effort!. I know Pete and I are not quite there yet and we still have a long way to go before I can let my guard down completely - but girls I am living proof that men do not want to be pressured, nagged and moaned at - and the biggest thing of all is to leave the past in the past! And as Wildcat always says TAKE THINGS SLOW - Sometimes things are worth waiting for and if it means biting your tongue and playing the waiting game so be it; I say :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 04:55 PM
    I have to say I have learnt a lot about myself in the last 6 months and I have also learnt a lot about Pete. They say time is what it takes to get to know someone and if I am honest I feel a lot closewr to Pete now (even though we are not together) than I ever dids before when we were. I feel that on some level we have really tested each other and pushed each other to limits that would have torn some people aprt - but somehow we are still talking and working together to learn about parenting and in my book that says a lot - even if we do just end up good friends!. my outlook on life is so different - I really feel like I have grown as a person.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 04:57 PM
    That's right, but don't be a walk over either. You still have to be your own person and have your own opinions and needs. You have to have a voice as well.

It is about balance! Finding the right balance!
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    Thats right, but dont be a walk over either. you still have to be your own person and have your own opinions and needs. You have to have a voice as well.

it is about balance! Finding the right balance!
    Trust me, there is no worries there - I can assure you? - I am very head strong and a complete individual to say the least - and lets just say say if there is ever a need my voice is heard loud and clear? - have just learned there is a time & a place and that sometmes a tactful approach is better.
    I am still me - would just like to think I have improved myself and become an even better me!
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 05:14 PM
    Yep - ALWAYS take them slow.

Every day here we have people who have crashed and burned - because the rush things, put undue pressure on the other person (something they wouldn't do in 1 million years IF they knew the out come) - want something so bad and they push for it way too hard.
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 05:16 PM
    Make sure to be a little bit of a challenege - don't always go running to him because HE says he wants to do something - don't answer evey call - don't be obligated to return every text. Be busy.

People want wha tthey can't have.

Now this doesn't mean totally shut him out - but have a life.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2006, 05:20 PM
    Hello Holly,

Long time no hear. I am happy to hear that you and your little one are doing really good and are healthy. That is so good to hear. It is good to hear that you and pete are just being yourselves with each other and just going with the flow. I agree with what others have said. Have patience and no pressure. Having a baby is enough pressure on its own then having to worry about everything else.

Joe
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 05:21 PM
    That's why I did not respond to his text straight away. I left him hanging for half an hour before replying with a yes!
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 05:23 PM
    Good. Leave him wanting more of you!!
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    Good. Leave him wanting more of you!!!
    Do you know how exciting this all feels - makes me feel like a teen again lol
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2006, 05:33 PM
    Can not wait to see some baby pictures. How much more time Holly?
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2006, 03:59 AM
    I have got under 7weeks left to go L)
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2006, 04:04 AM
    How sweet...
    How do you feel? :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2006, 04:33 AM
    Been feeling great! But not so good toay got a bit of a stomach bug!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 9, 2006, 06:57 AM
    7 weeks? Are we talking a Christmas baby? Hail Capricorns!
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2006, 07:01 AM
    My daughter is due the 27th December so it could very well be a christmas baby lol
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2006, 07:06 AM
    That's so amazing :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2006, 07:24 AM
    I know!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My progress bar is gone [ 2 Answers ]

I am not sure exactly what it is called.When I click on something when I am on line the progress bar or what ever it is called does not pop up. What I am talking about is the green bar that starts going across and as the page is loading up it goes across in green. Can any one help me.I am sure it...

Novel - Pitman's Progress [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Askme Helpers, Can someone please help me with the novel 'Pitman's Progress'? I need the: Authors name, If it was published in Hardback, The ISBN, If it is available on Cassette, CD or online for download or listening to,

View more questions Search