Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    april75 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brian mensah
    :eek:

this is a sign of distrust , maybe someone has threat him very bad in the pass. this could be a emotional thing . i can advise you to talk to him and let him know what sign you have seen in him and advise him to look for a professional help .
    Just because a person is quiet and stays to themselves... the diagnosis is that they are psych? And so, when a person loves attention and is always gossiping and wears a new suit every week with designer shoes they are perfectly normal?

Here's an idea... maybe he just wants to be left alone? Why is it when someone likes to be alone they have to be crazy, but attention seekers are normal? I say to each is own...
    aliasundercover Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2007, 11:36 PM
    My first thought when reading your question was J_9's answer. It sounds exactly like autism, and you and your friend cannot help that.
    Autism Society of America:
    ResearchLover Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2009, 11:29 PM

Sounds a bit like OCD, and perhaps something along the lines of aspberger's. The problem is even when in a clinical situation diagnosis can be very difficult or incorrect because many disorder symptoms overlap one another so closely. I have a family member that has been poorly or incorrectly diagnosed for years by her psychiatrist.
    The trouble at this point that it's too late, even a correct diagnosis would not do much to change the medical approach---and the medications she has been given so far have only damaged her comprehension so badly that any counseling or biofeedback therapies that could have been instituted would not work at all now.
    Don't bother trying to diagnose your co-worker. Just know something isn't right---that's all you really need to know. Watch for signs of severe depression so he is safe from his own behavior, and watch for signs of aggression so you are safe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exhaust system for Briggs Quiet Motor [ 6 Answers ]

The exhaust system for a 14.5 briggs I/c quiet motor... retail is $51.00 (ouch) and I want to find it cheaper... any help is appreciated

Could this possibly be a mental disorder [ 15 Answers ]

My husband has the following symptoms. Very moody Short temper Insecure Jealous Impulsive (spending money) Likes to drive too fast Disregard for authority (won't listen to me or anyone else) Work-a-holic

Confusing co worker relationship [ 13 Answers ]

HELP! One day while bandaging a co workers cut finger I said I wondered if I was like a mom or sister to him. He replied "Neither, because I would have sex with you". I had no idea that he thought that. After that we started flirting a bit, and on his birthday I told him I would give him a...

Cat mental disorder? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a cat that I picked up as a stray kitten at KFC. (Yes, Kentucky Fried Chicken LOL) She was very timid as a kitten and did not like anyone but me, usually. Occasionally she would take to someone around me, but those times were few & far between. When she was a little under a year old, I...

Impossible co-worker [ 5 Answers ]

Help me. I need to stay in the job I am in until I finish college and move on to my new career. But I am having a horrible time getting along with the person I work with. I work at a medical office and we work together. I have felt she doesn't get the work done efficiently and therefore I have to...

View more questions Search