Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    19hondacivic93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 12:48 PM
    I have the same problem sort of. It's a 93 honda civic dx (automatic) and checked all fuses battery is fairly new but I can still move the shifter. Bottom line the starter isn't getting any power. Everything else works like radio, head lights, dash, etc. when I turn the key sometimes the engine light will come one for a second and sometimes it won't. Basically everything the main poster said but with out the shifter problem. Please help soon, need this for school
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2012, 02:49 PM
    19hondacivic93, the ECM is likely failing. Perform the K-Test on the ECM--if the voltage is real low, remove the ECM and get an exact Honda Part No. match.

If the problem is that the starter motor does not crank, first try cleaning the battery terminals and cable connectors. Examine the cables for any internal corrosion and cracks. If the problem persists, disconnect the negative battery cable and clean the connections going to the starter motor.
    Baldridge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2012, 10:06 AM
    I have a 93 honda civic dx hatchback.. won't start, will crank over, but will not throw a spark.. bought all new coil pac, control mod. and relay.. any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2012, 12:11 PM
    If the check engine light comes on for 2 seconds and then goes out, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II), then focus on the distributor. I would install your new ICM and coil in a genuine Honda distributor housing--the internal sensors (CKP, TDC, or CYL) may be bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1997 honda civic dx won't crank won't start [ 17 Answers ]

I have a 1997 honda civic dx 5 speed. Yesterday car was fine, started strong and drove strong. I parked car last night and about 4-5 hours later tried to start it. When I turned the key in the ignition there was no crank at all. I can hear a little hum and then a click but that's all.

92 honda prelude will turn over but won't crank, fuel not getting to motor [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 92 honda prelude that will turn over but won't crank. It tries and tries but nothing. A friend said it was the fuel pump and main relay. So I had both replaced. There is still something keeping the fuel pump from pumping the gas to the motor. What could it possibly be? We've tried...

93 Civic won't start, turns over but won't crank [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1993 honda del sol SI that I converted to manual, before the swap everything was fine, cranked up, my battery and alterntor were going bad but would crank up, after the swap, it turns over but nothing happens,I'm not gettting any spark at all, I went and got a new distributor but still...

My honda civic lsi 1993 model won't start after driving it to the store [ 23 Answers ]

Hi I have a honda civic lsi 1993 model. I have a problem with the car when I go the store or somewere. Its starts up fine and drives brill but leaving the car off for a few moments going to put gas in or etc it has a problem starting up again. When I crank it you can hear the fuel pump turn and ...

1990 honda civic gets fuel +spark runs fine when it starts but turn off won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I drive a 1990 honda civic ex 1.6 OK here goes sometimes it will start and run perfect no problems but it seems like when it gets hot or you drive for 30 minutes or so you turn it off and go back to start it and all it does is crank when it does this it is getting spark and gas I have replaced fuel...

View more questions Search