Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 18, 2009, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by StopFishing View Post
    There is always different opinions with an age gap, but I belive that if the person makes you happy and feels the same about you, then age is not a factor. I'm in the same position as you - i'm 16 and my guy is 12 years older. Most people have accepted it because they see how happy we are.

If he feels the same,and there is no evidence that he is going to use you, then go for it, but be prepared for people (especially your parents!) to object. If not, then there is always someone else out there who is perfect for you. :)
    Maybe it is working for you, though I tend to doubt it, but it is still bad advice. Twelve years is not an insurmontable gap when both are adults. But when one is a minor, it's a recipe for trouble.

I really can't imagine what a 28 yr old would see in a 16 yr old. I would have serious doubts about the maturity of any 28 yr old who thinks they are in love with a 16 yr old. And I really don't see a future for you or anyone in this situation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 08:11 AM

Maybe I just have a "dirty" mind but I have no problem at all thinking what a 28 year old wants with a 16 year old child.

Personally the 28 year old most likely needs serious counseling or they have a metal issue and are not mature at all that may be the other maybe.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 08:25 AM

You should concentrate on being with people your own age or just a few years older.Eleven years is too much of a gap to have a meaningful relationship.
    The way you feel now at 16 and the way you will feel at 20 are vastly different.You need to experience life before you can make a commitment to someone so much older than you.
    I also question his motives.You are so young that he will probably believe you are easily manipulated and he can get you to do what he says is right,due to his maturity and your lack of it.
    You may be very mature,but I doubt you are an intellectual and social match for someone this much older.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I date a woman 10 years older than me? [ 12 Answers ]

Well, long story short; I was at a bus stop one day and gave my jacket to this woman because it was cold. I gave her my number and said I'll pick it up some other day. She told me her age. 28 years old, and she has three kids in South America. She also had a wedding ring on, but said she's not...

Will a relationship with a man 24 years older work? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 32 years old and pregnant for my 55 year old boyfriend. We live together. He has a reputation for being unfaithful and I do not trust him. How do I handle this? What should I do?:confused:

I like a guy 2 years older than me. [ 20 Answers ]

Yesh, he's 12 and I'm 10. But many people say that's not a lot, or age doesn't matter, because I sure think it probably does. But I'm thinking about joining the boys and girls club soon, with my friends, so I won't have to be alone to talk to him. You see, I only see him on his scooter outside my...

How can I get a girl 2 years older that me? [ 4 Answers ]

I really like this girl who is turning seventeen on Sunday. I am 15 and she says that she doesn't like younger guys. I play soccer with her bro and she has told me that she finds everyone on the team attractive but she says that we are all to young. How can I ask her out and have her like me as a...

Dating a guy 25 years older than me? [ 5 Answers ]

I met him on line and he is attractive and considerate. We have shared a lot of wonderful periods. We live in different cities (actually these two cities are quite far from each other) and he told me that he is going to visit me this weekend. However, yesterday, I happened to find out that he...

View more questions Search