Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2006, 04:51 PM
    That's absolutely correct phillysteak but then that is where the new micro chips come in. If we had the chip implanted in our body, we could be observed by satelite-but then there I go again being a whacked out radical. Why in GOD's name would they want to know where I am 24/7 ? Do you really think this national ID thing could evolve into the government implanting chips in us so we could be under 24/7 survalence as well as be scanned in the check out line at Ralphs or Piggly Wiggly or the 7 Eleven? Or, will there only be Wall Mart were you can buy everything under one roof. From China! :)

I cashed a check today and I stood there with a handful of "funny money." It's all pink and red and... funny looking. A minor thing really but still proof that the system is gradually moving towards something much different than we are used to. Money is really nothing nor does it have any value except the value the government tells us it has. Money is their biggest leverage in the game of power. They make it, distribute it and pull it back depending upon the outcome they desire. I could go back to the barter system TODAY and be just fine. That cannot be allowed though. Without the fear of not having enough of their power, money, we know we face certain death. When that is completely controlled, the masses are completely controlled.

I guess the only thing that stays the same is that everything changes. First a national ID card, then, since the bad guys or terrorist ( EVIL DOERS) can get around that, what next? Computer chips implanted under your skin I'll bet.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

May 8, 2006, 09:18 PM
    I would volunteer - in a heartbeat - to have an implated ID chip that was accepted as proof of my true identity. But I'm a geek... ;)

How many people would not volunteer though? And it is simply not possible to "force" the entire population to get an implanted ID chip.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 13, 2006, 05:54 AM
    Comments on this post
    31pumpkin disagrees: Now that's the real meaning of ignorant!

I just found this comment on my response on May 7, 2006, 05:32 PM.

First may I suggest you check out this thread on the use of the comments feature:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

Since my response is clearly opinion and cannot be proven factually either way, your disagreement goes against the guidelines many other regulars agree on. Of course those were only suggestions and you are free to comment as you wish.

Second, I haven't a clue what the comment itself means. What were my comments ignorant of? What about my comments can be proven factually incorrect? I maintain that the comment was totally offbase, unprovable and was done only as a personal attack against me.

Scott<>
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2006, 08:18 AM
    I personaly could'nt care less if someone disagrees with me. It happens all the time and I guess I have gotten used to it. Why heck, it accually makes things more interesting since we are trying to get to the bottom of a certain subject and it is stimulating to hear people's passion concerning that subject. I get the feeling though, that some people take this way to close to the heart and feel that their "expert" status is being threatened. I hope no one would come hunting down a person that disagreed with them as a matter of pride! I have only disagreed with people a few times but one in particular became furious with me. I got the sense that this is really the only public out let that that person has to feel important and the only place they feel that they are being listened to. If that is your lot in life... then I say you should try to become an expert at getting a life. Let's just put our ideas out there and if they get shot down, then maybe it was a bad idea. Time to reevalute or just realize the sad fact that you are 100% right and the rest of the world are fools! In any case, accept the fact that you may be an expert at one or maybe two things, if you are an over acheiver, but no one is expert in everything. :eek: So, I guess we really have no idea as to the National ID question?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 19, 2006, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysteakandcheese
    I would volunteer - in a heartbeat - to have an implated ID chip that was accepted as proof of my true identity. But I'm a geek... ;)

How many people would not volunteer though? And it is simply not possible to "force" the entire population to get an implanted ID chip.
    If you're a geek then you know that some cracker is bound to hack a RFID receiver that will defeat the encription of the RFID chips. That way I, the ex-wife, your employer or the gang member down the street who wants your Lexus can track you 24/7.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

May 19, 2006, 09:33 AM
    There's a good parallel on that point with using a cell phone...

It is techniaclly possible to track someone with their cell phone already. Cell phones have already been hacked and numbers stolen, caller ID can be faked blocked or otherwise tampered with, yet the majority of the world doesn't shun carrying a cell phone or hesitate to use one. In areas of the world, you need to use a cell phone or satellite phone to communicate with the rest of the planet.

When I was a teenager, it was fake ID's. Now - you're talking fake RFID's.

I get what you are saying - and I agree - but I think many of these fears of identity theft and information in-security are already in play. It's just different technologies the "bad guys" are trying to break.
    Uber Member

May 19, 2006, 10:31 AM
    Ah but I can turn my cell phone off though or turf it and get a new one, the RFID is always emitting. :D

Good point about the fake RFIDs, hadn't thought of that, it's like counter-terrorism.
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2006, 07:26 AM
    OK... you geeks lost me. Please explain "turf it" and just what capabilities anyone might have to listen in on my calls. I do know that all calls are sent through a huge computer data base and key words are picked up on and when they are, the number is logged as a phone number of interest. But in all reality, I don't believe anyone can listen to every call. That would take man power beyond the scope of reality. But then again, our tax (gas) dollars at work. Also, please explain fake RIFD.
    Uber Member

May 20, 2006, 08:47 AM
    All cellphones have a unique ID which can be faked on another cell phone that can then make and receive calls acting as the original phone.

"Turf it" is a colloquial expression meaning "get rid of it".

A fake RFID (Radio Frequency IDentification) would be chip implanted on your body that would broadcast an ID different that the one assigned to you - basically the equivalent of a fake passport.
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2006, 10:08 AM
    I like it! So I can go incognito as Bill Gates or anyone I wish. But, can a hacker actually reconfigure an RIFD? Kind of like changing the cmos in your computer? Flashing? I think it is called. I like the term Turf It, but what ever happened to "kick it to the curb?" I must be getting old! It's hard to keep up! Any way, I suppose that for every new tech thinggie, there is a way to get around it, so where does it stop?

If control of the huge masses of people is the goal, can a government, with that as their goal, achieve that end? Or, will the hackers of the world simply foil their best laid plans and create nothing but confusion? I believe the hackers that do so will suffer great penalties for their actions. The government will consider them the real evil doers and terrorist.

A national I D card is no answer to their problem of control. It will not work. However, it is just a stepping stone to the RIFD chip being implanted in everyone. Once it is implanted, do you think a hacker can alter it?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 20, 2006, 11:50 AM
    I think you said it best ;every time they come up with a new idea someone comes up with a way around it. That's the good old human ingennuity showing up to keep us free of the attempts to enslave the masses.
    james30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Has anyone heard of the National ID and "the mark of the beast"? what are your thoughts?

WorldNetDaily: Is coming national ID
    &#39;mark of the beast&#39;?
    Yes I have heard of the national id cards that are supposed to get issued in 2008. To be honest with you this very well could be the mark of the beast. The bible does mention that there will come a time when people will be required to take a mark in order to buy, sell, or trade anything and the national id card could very well be the mark. Because this card will have all your personal information on it and you will be able to be tracked with this card. So if you believe in God and what the bible has to say getting this national id card cause very well seal your fate when its all said and done. Because by taking this card you are not only letting the world know that you have aligned yourself with it, but you are letting God know that you chose man over Him. And the bible says that if you take the mark of the beast you will be sent to hell with the devil and his demons on judgement day. So for me personally I won't be getting the national id card because I have faith enough to believe that God will take care of me in the midst of the storm and that He will make a way for me out of no way when it comes to me surviving in this world until He comes back to get me.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Aug 17, 2007, 06:06 AM
    J_9 the mark of the beast is a religious matter, some people will take it without even knowing it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

National Driver License [ 7 Answers ]

In a article I read in my local paper regarding the National Driver License, part of the Real ID Act that the Federal Governments wants. It is coming apparent the If the states do not comply, than citizen of that state will not be allow to board and planes of enter any Federal Building, Ex.(Post...

US citizen married to French national [ 2 Answers ]

I am an American, married a French citizen March 2004. I have a few questions for any of you who have experienced/researched these topics. Also some of these sites may help some of you in similar situations. :) We are visiting France very soon for less than 30 days. I have researched whether I...

View more questions Search