Ask
    malink Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Mmm... what fuse are you talking about when you say fuse #31

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ooddiagram.jpg
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 08:57 PM
    There should be 4 fuses along the back row of the under-hood fuse box. Fuse No. 31 is the 15 amp fuse on the left. It controls power to the PGM-FI Main Relay.

On your photo, it says 15A ECU.

Aug 28, 2008, 09:05 PM
    Just checked it... was working fine

I put a new one in just to be sure... still nothing
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Is the 7.5 amp Starter Signal fuse in the under-dash fuse box good?

I always use a test light or multimeter to test power "through the fuse" (both test points), when the ignition is turned to ON. Have you done this?

Aug 28, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Yep just changed it and I did checked all fuses with the key turned on and there all OK
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Since all fuses test fine, I'm inclined to suspect the ignition switch, since you are not getting power to Terminal 6 of the main relay connector. Still, I don't understand why jumping Terminals 5 and 7 doesn't cause the fuel pump to run, when the ignition switch is turned to ON. It's either the ignition switch, again, or the fuel pump is bad. If it's the fuel pump, it will be the first Honda fuel pump that I've seen be bad.

Aug 28, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Fuel pump is fine because I just checked it... I hookep it up to a batterie and it ran fine.

If I change the ignition switch, do I have to get a new key?

One thing I don't understand... why can I hear all 3 clicks if the ignition switch is messed up?
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 09:25 PM
    No, you don't need to get a new key at all--just the switch and harness. They normally cost around $65.

Aug 28, 2008, 09:27 PM
    I hope your right... ill go to the scrapyard tomorrow and we'll see from there

But I still don't understand how it can be faulty since ALL electrical on the car are working fine (ecu, radio, light etc... )
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Don't buy one yet. Check out the old one first:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post224652

Look for visible signs of wear, pitting, or melting.

Your switch may work on Position II but not when it's turned to START. You just need to check it out first. Other than this, I don't know much else to suggest. It's obvious you have a power issue. The only other option is to start performing continuity checks on the wiring harness.

The ignition switch and harness plugs into the Main Harness and into the under-dash fuse box.
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 09:36 PM
    Is your new main relay an exact match to the old one?

Aug 29, 2008, 04:02 AM
    No but the one I got at the dealship is the new one... but with a different code

Anyway I've check the ignition switch and everything seems fine... no melting or sign or failure

One my friend who works at honda might come today to check the bloody wiring (he think that the fuel pump isn't getting power)

Aug 29, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Wich wire connext the fuel pump to the main relay?

Ill try something tonight... ill just put a brand new wire from the really to the fuel pump but first I need to ned wich connections if the fuel pump in the main relay connector (dont ask me about the colors... I'm color blind)
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Terminal 7 goes to the fuel pump.

Aug 29, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Is there a way I can check if I get 12 volts to the connector and then check the wire... before I start cutting I want to check everything

Aug 29, 2008, 03:08 PM
    OK here are the results... I put the positive behind the connector with the fule pump wire and when I turned the key to on I got my 12 volts with the clicks

But when I want at the end of the fuel pump pulg and did the same test.. I got 0 volts

So should I just trhwo a new wire?
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2008, 03:12 PM
    I think you should wait until your Honda friend can look at it for you. What I previously posted would not work, which is why I deleted it.
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2008, 03:15 PM
    Disconnect the main relay connector.

1. Check for continuity between connector terminal 2 and body ground. If none, repair an open in the wire between the main relay and the main relay ground at the thermostat housing.

2. What voltage do you get when you measure the voltage between connector terminal 1 and body ground? If none, repair an open in the wire between the main relay and the ECU (15 A) fuse.

I'm still convinced you have a problem getting battery voltage to the main relay.

Aug 29, 2008, 03:22 PM
    I get 12-13 volts
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2008, 03:29 PM
    That's good. Check for continuity between connector terminal 2 and body ground. If none, repair an open in the wire between the main relay and the main relay ground at the thermostat housing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Honda Civic Won't Start [ 1 Answers ]

How would I tell if the ignition switch is bad?

1995 Civic EX 1.6 no start [ 5 Answers ]

Well this is getting expensive so need some other opinions. No start on my 1995 Honda Civic. Did check a few things recently and replaced a few also. All fuses check OK. Has no spark... Timing belt is in time and the valve all move as well as the rotor. Had seen in prior posts ignitor...

1995 Honda Civic won't start? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my '95 Honda Civic first wouldn't start about 2 weeks ago; it had sat for 2 days in sub freezing WNY weather (less than half a tank of gas), and wouldn't start. Battery is new and was turning, so I thought it was perhaps frozen fuel lines. I added some gas and some Gas X product, and after a...

1995 civic no start [ 1 Answers ]

Got a 1995 civic won't start. Borrowed a distrubutor from another civic started the car and drove home. Cutt the engine off and try to start the car again it won't start again. I put the distrubutor that I borrow back in the original car, and it started. So I know that the distrubutor still good....

1995 civic ex won't start [ 3 Answers ]

Please help. My VTEC 1995 civic cranks, but won't start. I just had the fuel pump, filter and spark plugs changed. I consulted a mechanic and he told me to remove the sparks and put a table spoon of motor oil inside (where the plugs used to be)! Then he said I should put back the spark plugs and...

View more questions Search