Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 01:57 PM
    I noticed that you offered no* independent proof* that atheism is a hoax! Lol
    Yes, you're ignorant... I wasn't only talking about Christianity. :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 01:58 PM
    If your religion didn't promise you two dudes life after death, you wouldn't give it a second glance!
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Aug 7, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Choux, you have a mind like a steel trap. Tightly closed! You have demonstrated several times that there is no proof you will listen to, so what's the point? Some religion is certainly a hoax. That does not mean that it is ALL a hoax. It is up to the individual to determine for themselves what is or is not a hoax. If you are satisfied with your atheism, then go with it. What I believe is good for life and good when it comes time to die. How about your belief? Will you feel as certain about it when the doctor tells you that you only have six weeks to live? It was said in WW2 that there were no atheists in the fox holes.
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Aug 7, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    If your religion didn't promise you two dudes life after death, you wouldn't give it a second glance!

You claim to now know how I think but I'm the ignorant one!
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Aug 7, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Choux again;
    Who exactly advises believers to reject knowledge and rationality?

Because you didn't answer it the first time.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Gal, Don't be stupid, my profile shows a lifetime of religious inquiry among other educational accomplishments.

Thanks for the admission... not only is some religion a hoax... ALL RELIGION IS A HOAX... because it is based on fantasy claiming to be reality.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 02:15 PM
    You have demonstrated several times that there is no proof you will listen to, so what's the point?
    The point for some atheists is to cause doubt and disbelief. It is sad, because these same atheists (once again, not all) claim to want rational discussion, but cannot adhere to that.

The only thing you can do is believe what you believe and discuss those beliefs with others. Most of the atheists on this board are willing to have rational discussions about their non belief, but a few ruin it for everyone. Do not judge all because of a few.

The best thing to do is ignore those that do not want rational discussions and talk to the ones that do.

Also, don't preach, which you haven't, but preaching never works. Don't discuss with the hopes of turning someone to religion, that also won't work. Rational discussion is the way to go, it's hard, but when we are respectful of each other it is possible. :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Well this one went to name calling real fast, but then I expect that is what the post was suppose to do

Thread closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Www.skinbleaching.net IS HOAX [ 14 Answers ]

Hi All, This is not a question about skin lightening. I just want to do everybody a favor by letting you know about a business called skinbleaching.net. I am sure many of you have come across this site when you researched on skin lightening products. They sure sound good BUT they will take your...

Hoax or not? [ 4 Answers ]

The email stating that if you get an email titled: "You've received a Post Card" that it is a new virus. Is it true or not?

Is skin lightening a hoax? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there someone really achieved what they were looking for, Michael Jackson has a disease and this is %100 true and I am sure that he had Vitiligo, because it is impossible to kill Melinan and still be alive, the skin is our biggest organ. And all the pics on those websites are just good...

Aliens are real! OR A HOAX! [ 7 Answers ]

On my recent holiday to costa rica I was planning to visit a military base on the island of los santos but it was closed for some strange going ons. Apparently it was meant to be a flying saucer crashing into the building. The damage showed this but no evidence was left behind:eek: I'm not sure...

View more questions Search