Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Mar 8, 2008, 01:10 AM
    Yes:

"a continual looking forward to the eternal world is not..escapism...
    but one of the things a Christian is meant to do.
    It does not mean that we are to leave the present world as it is.
    Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in;
    aim at earth and you will get neither."
    --C. S. Lewis in Mere Christianity

"Good and evil both increase at compound interest. That is why the little decisions you and I make everyday are of such infinite importance."
    --C. S. Lewis

Similar to yours, Firm ;)

"The only difference maybe that believers accept that we have to prepare during this journey called life to be well packed for the next life."
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Hi firmbeliever

Without a shadow of doubt, YES THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH, not the earthly life as we know it but in a spirit form.Our human body is just the clothing for this earth when we pass over it is no longer needed so is left behind, like anything that has served it's purpose we throw it away.
    I know many will be saying all kinds of things on reading this statement I can only say what I know to be true having had several personal experiences over the years.
    Unfortunately I'm not going to expand on this topic due to losing my dear Mum and brother not long ago, still not quite strong enough yet but I will follow this discussion with interest, I have to close now but will leave you with one last line;

WHAT PEOPLE CANNOT SEE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND AND CONSEQUENTLY DISBELIEVE
    UNTIL IT HAPPENS TO THEM...

Takecare everyone bye for now
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2008, 08:07 PM
    There is no death, only change and improved understanding. The afterlife is an awakening to the reality of unity. Right and wrong don't matter, only the awakening. Love is life, love does not end, but it changes.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 12:53 PM
    Thank you for sharing you thoughts...
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 01:45 PM
    I do not believe in an after life. I just think the after life is something our mind makes up because we can't fathom being nothing after we are dead. And If I am wrong oh well no use crying over spilled milk.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2008, 03:26 AM
    Thank you for your thoughts spitvenom.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 5, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom
    I do not believe in an after life. I just think the after life is something our mind makes up because we can't fathom being nothing after we are dead ...
    In the far far past the thought of an after life made life bearable for many. Specially to those who experienced hard times. Almost all religions used that wish for an after life by turning it into the well known "carrot-on-a-stick" by including it into it's doctrine, as an incentive for it's followers to continue participating till their death.
    What makes Christianity special is it's focus (through the NT) on love and forgiveness.
    ;)
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Do you beleive in a life after death?

Even if you do not,if there was the remotest possibility that a life after death existed,what will you willingly give up or struggle to do in order to be happy in the next life?

I do believe in an afterlife(as most of you who know me has already heard many times).:D

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

P.s.
    I know I keep asking similar questions,but these are things I do think about and would appreciate your thoughts on them.:)
    I know several people who have no religious believes yet still they believe in an after life of course unless they're making it up in which case there's an awful lot of people in cloud cook-coo land having the same thoughts...

Many people fall on hard times myself included for many years as did my parents( GOD BLESS THEIR SOULS) but at no time during my childhood or any of my five brothers and sisters upbringing do I remember them telling us a bedtime story or any other story that included the words " never mind my children it will be better in the after life" that would be going just a bit to far,. don't you think

Be careful now no making up stories...
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 02:12 PM
    I am not sure I understand what you are saying Orphan,about not making up stories?

I thought you said you believed in an afterlife.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Do you beleive in a life after death?

Even if you do not,if there was the remotest possibility that a life after death existed,what will you willingly give up or struggle to do in order to be happy in the next life?

I do believe in an afterlife(as most of you who know me has already heard many times).:D

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

P.s.
    I know I keep asking similar questions,but these are things I do think about and would appreciate your thoughts on them.:)
    Hi firmbeliever
    Definiteily 100%+... so sorry reply was meant for previous post -spitvenom/credendodivis
    My sincere apologies clicked on wrong reply button- tiredness and old age catching up
    Godbless
    -

Apr 6, 2008, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rphan
    i know several people who have no religious believes yet still they believe in an after life of course unless they're making it up in which case there's an awful lot of people in cloud cook-coo land having the same thoughts.......
    Maybe there are already too many people living in that (religious) cloud cook-coo land you mentioned...
    Many people fall on hard times myself included for many years as did my parents( GOD BLESS THEIR SOULS) but at no time during my childhood or any of my five brothers and sisters upbringing do i remember them telling us a bedtime story or any other story that included the words " never mind my children it will be better in the after life" that would be going just a bit to far,..... don't you think
    I never suggested that (see my post). However now you mention that I note that religious brainwashing is nothing abnormal, specially in over-religious-schizophrenic US of A.
    Be careful now no making up stories....
    No need for that. There are already more than enough made-up religious stories...
    :rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Maybe there are already too many people living in that (religious) cloud cook-coo land you mentioned ....

I never suggested that (see my post). However now you mention that I note that religious brainwashing is nothing abnormal, specially in over-religious-schizophrenic US of A.

No need for that. There are already more than enough made-up religious stories ....

Note: I said, I know people who have no religious believes yet still believe in an after life

I'm glad those are your words and not mine, I wouldn't insult my fellow man about their beliefs we should accept that we are all different and show some respect.

I know that there are some religious followings which do in your words - religious brainwashing- my son was almost caught out by this some years ago thankfully he realized that the teachings were wrong and shortly left, so that's one thing we will agree upon.
    -

Apr 7, 2008, 03:31 PM
    note: i said, i know people who have no religious believes yet still believe in an after life
    And I know people who have religious believes, but who do not believe in a Heaven or Hell.
    I'm glad those are your words and not mine, i wouldn't insult my fellow man about their beliefs we should accept that we are all different and show some respect.
    Neither do I do that. I just stated what we all know is true.
    I know that there are some religious followings which do in your words - religious brainwashing- my son was almost caught out by this some years ago thankfully he realized that the teachings were wrong and shortly left, so that's one thing we will agree upon.
    So you AGREE with what I stated, but STILL you call that what I stated an "insult (to) my fellow man about their beliefs"
    'nough said..
    KD33 Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 03:50 PM
    I believe that there is a higher power because well we had to have been created by something right? Well I believe that higher power is God, and that the only afterlife that shall be occurring is the one in which is the rapture and everyone dies and the christians are taken to heaven and the world is destroyed and recreated and then the remaining people go back on earth and live in peace. I know that is a Bible myth but I believe in it and I believe it's reality. Because they have found many biblical things that are true like the crosiing of the red sea, noah's ark and sadam and gamora. They've also found the arc of the covenant. Sorry I'm going on and on about it but I honestly believe that the bible is full of true stories and especially ones about Jesus. You told me to ell you what I believe and this is what I believe. They even have pictures to prove that they found those artofacts about charriot wheels in the red sea and the crossing spot and the petrified wood of noahs arc and the pillar of salt in which sauls wife turned to when she looked back on sadam and gamora.
    -

Apr 8, 2008, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KD33
    I believe that there is a higher power because well we had to have been created by something right?
    I disagree with this and other of your statements and conclusions here, but admire your honesty to start them (and repeat several times) with "I believe that..."

Please be aware that there is no objective supported evidence for the crossing of the Red Sea, for Noah's ark, for Sodom and Gomorrah, etc. Many are repeats of other Middle Eastern Regional religious stories (Noahīs Ark is for instance a repeat of the Gilgamesh Epic that is thousands of years older than the first Bible book). Pictures of any artifacts found only prove that these artifacts were really found. Not that they are what they are claimed to be!
    The stories in the Bible are interesting and even intriguing. Some may even be true. But that does not prove that the rest of the Bible, and/or the Bible in itīs entirety is true.

But that stated : a good and honest approach!
    ;)
    readnow1978 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 07:35 AM
    There is an afterlife and this life is a test for it, if you claim you believe in ALMIGHTY GOD and you want to go to heaven you have to live your life according to what God says, and God's commands are in his final revelation, the quran, revealed to the last prophet Muhammed, who came 600 yrs after jesus, all the prophets taught the same things, to worship the ONE CREATOR, ALMIGHTY GOD
    readnow1978 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 07:40 AM
    it is a different thing, that some of the 'followers' of jesus mistakenly attributed divinity to jesus, and now most of the christians believe in trinity, whereas in the revised standard version of the bible, the only verse re trinity has been thrown out of the bible as a fabrication, jesus said 'my Lord and your lord is the one lord', THE MESSAGE THAT ALL THE PROPHETS WERE SENT WITH was the same, Almighty God tells us in his last revelation the quran that He will safeguard His last revelation, and it remains unchanged after 1400 years, and millions of people have committed this book to memory

ALMIGHTY GOD tells us in the quran that as He is the MOST FORGIVING He will forgive any sin that He wishes but He will never forgive those who attribute partners to Him, WHICH IS WHAT NEARLY ALL THE CHRISTIANS OF THE WORLD ARE DOING BY CALLING jESUS GOD/son of GOD, ehich is blasphemy and will take you to hell for eternity

read the quran before it is too late and save yourselves
    GUYBRUSH Posts: 10, Reputation: -3

May 15, 2008, 03:39 AM
    No one alive will ever know. Have you ever talked to a dead person? Hea fido mahhhrawww
    lobrobster Posts: 208, Reputation: 26

May 15, 2008, 11:48 AM
    I don't think there is an afterlife, but if I did... I think I'd be willing to do and/or give up a lot more than most of the people who currently do think there is an afterlife. Some of you can't even get yourself to church every Sunday. Are you kidding me? Such a small price to pay for eternal reward!
    Judy Jarrell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 11:59 AM
    I believe in life after death. Because I believe that Jesus died for us in order to give us the choice to have that life. Depending on how we choose to live our life here on earth and whether we ask for forgiveness will allow us that possibility. We are not meant to have all the answers all the time, but when the time is right those answers appear when the purpose presents itself. The thing to remember is hope. And have faith.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you know this afterlife song? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I'm trying to find out the artist and song name of a rap song I heard in late December (2004). It's a male singer, and seems to be talking to those he left behind, after he died... saying things to make them feel better, how he's doing etc, if I remember right... I lost my son 3 years...

AFTERLIFE Conference in San Francisco! [ 2 Answers ]

AFTERLIFE CONFERENCE in San Francisco! January 19-20, 2008 Forever Family Foundation

In the afterlife [ 1 Answers ]

This song comes on at the end of the movie DEAD MAN on CAMPUS. I've search for it everywhere, it is NOT on the soundtrack and I saw no credit for it as the movie ended. Help it's a great song

Afterlife [ 3 Answers ]

What does seeing a deceased loved one in another form mean?

View more questions Search