Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Screw that.

I'm taking the stapler, the tape dispenser, and the binder clips. y'all can bill my arse.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 06:38 PM
    KP- I'm also a wood worker, my garage is my shop. I make tables and other wooden nick knacks. I'd love a shop on my 40 acres with the most expensive tools money could buy, then I'd give my tables and such to the needy.

Allheart - Nice to hear from you. I love the note. My husband always says that he would still continue working until he got his machinist certificate (2 years to go) and then he'd say so long and we'd concentrate on the animal shelter. I should probably go buy a ticket, you can't win if you don't.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 07:00 PM
    Wish I was old enough to buy a ticket. That's the first thing I'm doing when I turn 18! Only two more months. Until then, I suppose I'll just hope my parents win, or my grandparents. Better them then me anyway. They have actual needs (and they actually bought tickets.)
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Hey everyone, just remember the little people when you win. Me, me, me, me:p
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 08:34 PM
    Bacon. Lots of bacon.

Or

I'd buy my MD (medical degree). I'm not liking this med school business.
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 08:38 PM
    I love bacon, lots and lots of bacon. Don't forget the chocolate, no more Aero bars I'm going for the good stuff.
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Hey everyone, just remember the little people when you win. Me, me, me, me:p
    I'd say sure, but then if I do win you'd sue me or something and all H e double hockey stix would break out. :)

I like the idea about buying your medical degree, just let me know if you win so I can make a mental note not to go under the knife with you at the helm. :D :eek:
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 09:55 PM
    Gernald- I'm not the suing type.:) Even though I would go to Germany to visit relatives, my main priority would be to open the No Kill animal shelter. I am at this time trying to make a difference in the lives of unwanted animals, money would definitely help. I would, however, not expect a penny from anyone, unless of course you want to donate to the shelter.

A bought medical degree? Where can I get one of those?:p
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 10:06 PM
    I'd build a huge no-kill free-range cat shelter with has a 24-hr reception area that will accept cats, no questions asked. Right now, abandoned cats get left at the shelter door in unsealed cardboard boxes with maybe a hot dog inside for food or get smooshed between the wooden door and the storm door.

If I had any money left, I'd hand out $20 bills here and there to people I see in stores and on the street.
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 10:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    I'd build a huge no-kill free-range cat shelter with has a 24-hr reception area that will accept cats, no questions asked. Right now, abandoned cats get left at the shelter door in unsealed cardboard boxes with maybe a hot dog inside for food or get smooshed between the wooden door and the storm door.

If I had any money left, I'd hand out $20 bills here and there to people I see in stores and on the street.
    I hope I run into you on the street;) .

My shelter would accept dogs, cats, rabbit and birds. I don't think that I would turn away any animal, but those are the animals I'd have facilities for. I would like a huge barn for the cats to roam around but not get hurt. I'd have an outdoor arena for the dogs to run, and an indoor facility for sleep and when it's cold. A huge atrium for the birds and another barn for the bunnies. I've adopted all I can, now it's time to find homes for the others.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 10:18 PM
    I hope I run into you on the street;) .

My shelter would accept dogs, cats, rabbit and birds. I don't think that I would turn away any animal, but those are the animals I'd have facilities for. I would like a huge barn for the cats to roam around but not get hurt. I'd have an outdoor arena for the dogs to run, and an indoor facility for sleep and when it's cold. A huge atrium for the birds and another barn for the bunnies. I've adopted all I can, now it's time to find homes for the others.
    Your shelter sounds like Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, Utah. Will you have room for donkeys and goats too? I'll help out with them. Also, I'm real good at scooping cat litter.

(Wear a yellow tulip on your lapel and I will watch for you.)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:19 PM
    I would buy 1000 acres right next to Ted Neugent and kill and eat as many animals as he. Maybe more. I like meat. Donkey meat is real good. I would mount their heads on all of the out buildings and fence post to scare off animal lovers and tree huggers and other assorted buggers.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 10:20 PM
    magprob, if you do that, I won't share my Spam sandwiches with you any longer. No brownies for you either!
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:21 PM
    I wouldn't need a Spam Samwich. I'd be eating Donkey samwiches.
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 10:24 PM
    I'll start recruiting animals. We have enough strays around my house to fill several shelters twice over. Sure I'd give money, just can't be too careful these days you know. That's where other countries have it right, you can't sue anyone.
    Thanks magprob I now have lovely images in my head. :)

Altenweg, Wo in Deutschland lebt Ihre Familie?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald
    Wo in Deutschland lebt Ihre Familie?
    Mein ist in Hanover. Sehr gut.
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 10:35 PM
    Gernald and Wondergirl- Ach, das ist so schoen. Meine familie ist I'm Weikersheim in der nehe von Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Ich hab viele Tantes, Onkels und cousine, ich vermisse alle sehr. Sorry, the Germans a bit rusty.

I'd wear the yellow tulip but I don't think I'll be in Chicago anytime soon, I live in Canada. If you're ever in the neighborhood look me up, I'll have the pooper scooper ready.
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 10:38 PM
    My German kind of sucks anyway, I was never very good at it.

Cool, I lived in Heidelberg with my dad for a while.
    Wish I could go back, it's so much nicer over there.

Come to think of it I'd spend some money on that too...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 10:39 PM
    I'd wear the yellow tulip but I don't think I'll be in Chicago anytime soon, I live in Canada. If you're ever in the neighborhood look me up, I'll have the pooper scooper ready.
    Anywhere near Toronto? I'm from a little town in NY southeast across the lake. I could visit my mom and waterski over to you. Or meet you on Goat Island.
    wilddog27 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2008, 11:27 PM
    I would know no one! Only the daugther and the parents would get a dime! After that I'd plead poverty live in a shanty with twenty watch cats and make moon shine all day long(for medical reasons) No really I'd get a job as a door greeter at walmart!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My email have won a lottery is it a genuine [ 13 Answers ]

Hi... I am sravan... 2 days a go I got a mail from ">EMAIL REMOVED<" mail. So I responded with the detials given and I was surprised seeing that.. according to the details in that my8 ID's was screened by computer among 900 crore mail ID's from diffferent parts of countries.. I have...

Simple Lottery [ 1 Answers ]

The problem: You just won the lottery. The jackpot is 10 million, paid in 20 equal, annual payments starting today. In present-value terms, how much did you really win? Use an annual interest rate of 6.6%. Any clues?

Lottery winner [ 3 Answers ]

I've noticed an Ohio store clerk lottery winner of a million dollars, decided to take $50,000 annually for a number of years. After IRS taxes it would be only $34,000 annually. That a 68% tax bite. So I guess IRS has a certain tax rate for gambling proceeds. Too bad You could not include it as...

What if I got a email claming that I won the lottery? [ 2 Answers ]

I got an email that told me that I have won money. And three weeks later I received money but then when I call them they told me to go to the bank so they can send me the rest of the money I don't knoe if it's a scam please help

The Lottery Ticket [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone written a personal study on this short story by Anton Chekhov:)

View more questions Search