Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 24, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    Cap'n

Ed Koch was on the radio over the weekend and he siad it had something to do with our treaty obligations . I assume he was referring to the Vienna Convention .Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since we house the UN here we are required to grant diplomatic entrance and immunity to any world leader who is attending a UN function.
    That's sound just like the US to continue to play by rules, even though Iran wasn't at the table, in Geneva or Vienna, and doesn't abide by the same set of rules today.

It's interesting to me that Ahmadinejad's insistence that we allow him freedom of speech while he's here, but doesn't extend the same freedom at home. Iran, as I've heard, is Muslim state. Period. Anyone attempting to introduce even a simple discussion of other religious ideas, is arrested, or worse.

The Olympic Games are moved from country to country for the benefit of all... So, why not rotate the UN headquarters to Tehran, or Damascus, periodically?

Maybe they just like the safety and luxuries they enjoy while in the US...
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    I see condos on the site as a good alternative.
    Time to make use of that eminent domain ruling, eh?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

You.S. Crackdown on illegal immigrants [ 1 Answers ]

Employers Brace for Immigration Rules Email this Story Aug 3, 8:59 AM (ET) By SUZANNE GAMBOA and ANABELLE GARAY WASHINGTON (AP) - Employers across the country may have to fire workers with questionable Social Security numbers to avoid getting snagged in a Bush administration...

How to look for off-campus housing? [ 6 Answers ]

I applied for university on-campus housing in big city and I am on waitlist. I may or not get space, it is very limited, about 3000-3500 on 14,000 undergraduate students with most reserved for freshmen and sophomore. (and I will be sophmore).I am thinking about looking for off-campus housing still...

Assimilation in practice on you.S. Campus [ 16 Answers ]

Commencement weekend is hard to plan at the University of California, Los Angeles. The university now has so many separate identity-group graduations that scheduling them not to conflict with one another is a challenge. The women’s studies graduation and the Chicana/Chicano studies graduation are...

When I should tell my family about living on-campus [ 6 Answers ]

Next year I would prefer to live on campus, because where I live is far to school, it takes me 1h 30 min to get there. So it limits my opportunities I can take on campus. I am thinking about taking minor (additional classes) and perhaps join some club, don't worry about weather- in Chicagoland it...

F1(campus job) and h1 tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was a F1 student from Jan - May (and working as research assistant). I have a W2 from this employer. In June I started my full time employment as OPT and have a W2. In Septemeber I received my H1 status. However my employer has been witholding the FICA tax during this OPT period(roughly 6...

View more questions Search